Ins and Outs v Gold Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ins and Outs v Gold Coast

derby Street wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 8:26pm
saynta wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 7:31pm
To the top wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 7:21pm Start with the "Ins"

Carlisle, Billings, Bruce, Freeman, White

Out

Brown, Weller, Savage, McKenzie, Lonie, Steele,
Newnes, Ross

5 "Ins" and "8" "Outs"

Given Roberton, Acres and Long remain unavailable you can pick a further 3 "Ins" from wherever including from those on the "Outs" List - but preferably not

The story I got from yesterday was that we had absolutely no pace in the absence of Steven performing and stood around like witches hats looking at each other - and when we did get the ball Ross typified out disposal woes

So we need skill with pace and endeavour

Obviously the VFL form last night needs to be put into context by the quality of the opposition but if anyone showed skill, pace and endeavour give them a crack to fill the missing 3 "Ins"

Sitting in the Stands on the Tavern side at Lord's was obviously much more enjoyable that being at Docklands!!
There is no way, Steele, Ross or NAewnes will be dropped, nor should there be.

Lonie and Weller yes. Brown and McKenzie maybe.

Rice is obviously playing hurt and may need a rest.

Pity White hurt his knee.

Goddard, Joyce and Connellan played okay today. Wright played better than I thought he could.
Yes - Lonie, Weller, McKenzie / Savage (omit) Brown (inj) OUT

Billings, Carlisle , ???

Saynta - Is Connellan up to it? Did Bill manage to do anything around the ground possession wise? Where could we squeeze Armo in - he's no value in our forward line, pace is a concern.
Bloody oath he's up to it. Getting better by the week.

Armo should be played in the middle. Tough as an old boot.

Freezer and Armo were a deadly pair along with Seccull, Billings and Wright.

Seccull and Lamb both worth a punt at draft time, at least for rookie list spots.

It was a mistake to overlook Lamb this year. He is Sandy's leading goal kicker.
Last edited by saynta on Mon 11 Jun 2018 11:39am, edited 1 time in total.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

They both need to be given an opportunity, as does Freeman, and Goddard's height will be a great benefit against a very tall forward line. Bring them all in this week and let them show what they can do. Add in Jake Carlisle, White, and Rowan Marshall, and we'll see a very different St. Kilda next Saturday afternoon. If these guys can all get the call up I'll be excited.
Time to make a statement at the selection table, and if we do go down, at least go down swinging.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 11:31am They both need to be given an opportunity, as does Freeman, and Goddard's height will be a great benefit against a very tall forward line. Bring them all in this week and let them show what they can do. Add in Jake Carlisle, White, and Rowan Marshall, and we'll see a very different St. Kilda next Saturday afternoon. If these guys can all get the call up I'll be excited.
Time to make a statement at the selection table, and if we do go down, at least go down swinging.
I am not sure how bad White injured his knee but I don't think he will be back playing next weekend.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 11:30am
And the pace to match.
He can't come in at the expense of a quicker player in the middle.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

drop our best future 10 (or more if we have enough to field an 'A' team) down to sandy for the year. get them away from richo and win the spoon whilst they develop a winning culture.
For obvious reasons leave Geary, Newnes, and Ross in the A team.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Weather looking perfect for Satdy though rain can come in quick anywhere on the GC. I was at Runaway Bay today watching my son play school footy. Sun was shining, no clouds, it was kind of warm. An hour later it was raining lol

Gershwin
Club Player

In: Carlisle, Billings, Armitage,
Out: Lonie, Brown, Weller

Rice, Austin, Webster
Coffield, McCartin, Newnes
Phillips, Ross, Savage
Billings, Carlisle, Clark
Gresham, Membrey, Battle

Hickey, Armitage, Steven

Dunstan, McKenzie, Steele, Sinclair

We need to show we want to win this match and the key has to be Carlisle at CHF. Give him the challenge. Can McCartin hold down CHB? May as well find out because he isn't what we had hoped for at FF. Armitage has to show the leadership at clearances that we lacked last week.

summertime and the living is easy ........
chico2001
Club Player

Be an interesting move of Mccartin to CHB Gershwin. A lot better move than bringing in Armitage thats for sure.

Gershwin
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 8:32pm Be an interesting move of Mccartin to CHB Gershwin. A lot better move than bringing in Armitage thats for sure.
Won't be the first forward to find his home in the backline.
When you lose the clearances as badly as we did in the first quarter you have to do something. An experienced, big body can at least block and tackle. Speed is over-rated as far as clearance are concerned.

summertime and the living is easy ........
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I reckon it could be valuable feedback from keeping Paddy at FF with Josh and Membrey alongside for a decent string of games to see how they work as a unit. Josh would draw good defenders away from Paddy which is a luxury he doesn't afford at present.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Better out than in.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Recruit
Club Player

Out
Weller, Steele, Lonie, Savage, Brown,

In
White, Carlisle, Billings, Connellan, Freeman

Not sure Bruce should be rushed back and you cant play 3 big forwards. Hickey is lucky we dont have anyone else.
Play billings on the f****** ball

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 9:29pm I reckon it could be valuable feedback from keeping Paddy at FF with Josh and Membrey alongside for a decent string of games to see how they work as a unit. Josh would draw good defenders away from Paddy which is a luxury he doesn't afford at present.
Which Josh? Battle or Bruce?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 10:50pm
Cairnsman wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 9:29pm I reckon it could be valuable feedback from keeping Paddy at FF with Josh and Membrey alongside for a decent string of games to see how they work as a unit. Josh would draw good defenders away from Paddy which is a luxury he doesn't afford at present.
Which Josh? Battle or Bruce?
Bruce.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

If there are not 5 or more changes then it is safe to assume Richo is incapable of admitting mistakes, far too risk averse, possibly suffering some kind of depression that stifles action and/or is being bloody minded on the way out the door. It will also mean the club management really will have to act in the best interests of the club sooner rather than having the luxury of waiting till season's end even if it is a painful decision to ask Alan to step down. Hickey, Lonie, Weller, Savage are minimum outs I think and there needs to be changes in where chaps play - obviously the centre needs some grunt, we never hurt in our tackles. McKenzie looked mesmerised by the pace of ball movement and 5 kicks from Steele and 8 from Sinclair as mids/onballers is not good enough but consistent with what they have served up most weeks. I presume we will see what unacceptable means Thursday evening.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Yorkeys wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 10:51am If there are not 5 or more changes then it is safe to assume Richo is incapable of admitting mistakes, far too risk averse, possibly suffering some kind of depression that stifles action and/or is being bloody minded on the way out the door. It will also mean the club management really will have to act in the best interests of the club sooner rather than having the luxury of waiting till season's end even if it is a painful decision to ask Alan to step down. Hickey, Lonie, Weller, Savage are minimum outs I think and there needs to be changes in where chaps play - obviously the centre needs some grunt, we never hurt in our tackles. McKenzie looked mesmerised by the pace of ball movement and 5 kicks from Steele and 8 from Sinclair as mids/onballers is not good enough but consistent with what they have served up most weeks. I presume we will see what unacceptable means Thursday evening.
Like your out's, even though Sandy played no-one (no offence to Frankston), those players who played well should have some sort of confidence, something we lacking as a club, so bring them in, worked for Battle!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Armo is a must ffs.

Richo, stop f****** around and play Billings, Armo, Freezer, Carlisle and Bruce this week.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

ITS FREEZER TIME.....just give the kid a chance, he's done the work, lets let him loose. If his shoulder needs sugery at the end of the year it's only going to get more banged up as the year goes on.

In: Freeman, Connellan, Armitage, Billings, Carlisle
Out: Steele, Lonie, Weller, McKenzie, Brown

Savage for White as well if White is fully fit, Looked sore in his last couple of AFL games, and I saw someone mention a knee a few post back, so probably "more unlikely than likely at this stage".

Let Bruce get some more match fitness under his belt, and take the 2 weeks over the bye to figure out how to fit Battle, Bruce, Membrey and McCartin in the same side.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 11:55amLet Bruce get some more match fitness under his belt, and take the 2 weeks over the bye to figure out how to fit Battle, Bruce, Membrey and McCartin in the same side.
Imagine if richardson actually had any imagination and came up with a brand new strategy that no other coach has tried (maybe what is old is new again) and we win. Imagine that!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
footynut
Club Player

stkfc1 wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 7:14pm

Paton Austin White
Webster Carlise Rice
Billings Ross Bruce
Gresham MacCartin Sinclair
Connellan Membrey Battle
Hickey Steven Dunstan

Coffield Clarke Marshall Freeman

I know a lot of changes and really young/inexperienced team but GC are rubbish so this is the game to roll the dice. White may be injured so Savage keeps his spot or try Joyce
I really like this this team, this mean we would be dropping McKenzie, Savage, Brown, Newnes, Phillips, Mav, Lonie & Steele.
For White, Carlisle, Marshall, Connellan, Bruce & Paton

However white got injured in the VFL last week, I think Bruce needs a little extra game time & Phillips has been playing well.

So id

Paton Austin Webster
Coffield Carlise Rice
Billings Ross Phillips
Gresham McCartin Sinclair
Connellan Membrey Battle
Hickey Steven Clarke

Dunstan Freeman Steele & Marshall or McKenzie

I also like thd idea of swinging Carlisle & McCartin for periods during the game to change the way we look. Carlisle has proven his ability to play forward & we know McCartin's skill in general play good. Plus cant hurt to try new tactics

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Freeman to debut after the bye for mine and I would leave BIllings down in the VFL for another week so he really knows that he has to play at his best every week not just one week. I can't comment on Connellan except that I saw him at Sandy last year and he was quick. But that was about it. Out of position a lot and unsure of himself.
If Brown is fit expect Logan to get dropped. Not starting an argument but I expect that will occur.
Somehow Lonie will stay up but Weller will go down. Based on Sandy form Armo will come up for him

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

St Chris wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 11:55am ITS FREEZER TIME.....just give the kid a chance, he's done the work, lets let him loose. If his shoulder needs sugery at the end of the year it's only going to get more banged up as the year goes on.

In: Freeman, Connellan, Armitage, Billings, Carlisle
Out: Steele, Lonie, Weller, McKenzie, Brown

Savage for White as well if White is fully fit, Looked sore in his last couple of AFL games, and I saw someone mention a knee a few post back, so probably "more unlikely than likely at this stage".

Let Bruce get some more match fitness under his belt, and take the 2 weeks over the bye to figure out how to fit Battle, Bruce, Membrey and McCartin in the same side.
Quite like the way you're thinking.

Time for Brown, Mav, Lonie and Savage to have a rest, and bring in Carlisle, Connellan, Billings and Paton. And if you're feeling romantic lets go with Freeman instead of Mckenzie

saintbob
SS Life Member

BadRossco wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 6:45pm Saintbob has almost got it but I would also drop Savage and Brown at miss bring in Joyce and Conellan at least we will have someone who can run out of sight on a dark night. The Irishmen would enjoy the sunshine if nothing else.
Thanks, I did forget Brown and I tend to agree about Savage.

I’d go Cornellan and Paton as my replacements though.

saintbob
SS Life Member

BadRossco wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 6:45pm Saintbob has almost got it but I would also drop Savage and Brown at miss bring in Joyce and Conellan at least we will have someone who can run out of sight on a dark night. The Irishmen would enjoy the sunshine if nothing else.
Thanks, I did forget Brown and I tend to agree about Savage.

I’d go Cornellan and Paton as my replacements though.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Life Long Saint wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 1:06pm
saynta wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 11:30am
And the pace to match.
He can't come in at the expense of a quicker player in the middle.
If Richo picks Armo again this year he should be sacked immediately.

A farewell game in the last round, I could live with.