Brisbane interested in Billings!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

To the top
SS Life Member

Re: Brisbane interested in Billings!!!!!

7AM here, so 4PM in Melbourne

Given the originator of this rubbish thread obviously spends 24/7 on this site as confirmed by the volume and times of contributions you have to have some sympathy for his/her circumstances in life

Any credibility given to any contribution is assessed accordingly - as confirmed by this early AM presentation

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 12:49am
stonecold wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 12:39am
SydneySainter wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 12:34am
stonecold wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 12:30am Didn't take the media long to run with this one!!!!!

Who do we like from Brisbane?????

I say, I like their 1st rnd pick!!!!!

Not saying trade Billings, but, Billings and Hickey (plus draft pick or another player) to Brisbane for Pick #1 or#2, what do people think?????
Both are still under contract for starters and if wanted their first pick, we’d have to throw in more than just Billings and Hickey to get it.

Also, if Billings were to leave, he wants to stay in Melbourne from what I’ve heard.
Contracts mean nothing, also, read between the brackets!!!!!

Well, I've heard, Jack would like to get away from the Melb limelight!!!!!

As stated, not saying it will happen, it was just the locker room chat at Sandy today, so do with that would you wish!!!!!
Well, for the sake of locker room chat, if Billings told the Saints at seasons end that he wants to go to the Lions, I think Billings, Dunstan plus one of either Hickey or Longer for their first pick would make it interesting.
Christ I'm glad you don't look after player trades 3 players under 25 for 1 pick hahahahahahah

longtimesaint
Club Player

To the top wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 5:11pm 7AM here, so 4PM in Melbourne

Given the originator of this rubbish thread obviously spends 24/7 on this site as confirmed by the volume and times of contributions you have to have some sympathy for his/her circumstances in life

Any credibility given to any contribution is assessed accordingly - as confirmed by this early AM presentation
+1

One year will be our year
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

DE Goey killing it again.

Probably not nice enough for the Saints though.

He is a bit naughty.

The Recruit
Club Player

stonecold wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 12:30am Didn't take the media long to run with this one!!!!!

Ridiculous
Billings and dunstan are required players
Sign billings an dunno to 2022

Not saying trade Billings, but, Billings and Hickey (plus draft pick or another player) to Brisbane for Pick #1 or#2, what do people think?????
Both are still under contract for starters and if wanted their first pick, we’d have to throw in more than just Billings and Hickey to get it.

Also, if Billings were to leave, he wants to stay in Melbourne from what I’ve heard.

As stated, not saying it will happen, it was just the locker room chat at Sandy today, so do with that would you wish!!!!!
Well, for the sake of locker room chat, if Billings told the Saints at seasons end that he wants to go to the Lions, I think Billings, Dunstan plus one of either Hickey or Longer for their first pick would make it interesting.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

BringBackMadDog wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 5:33pm

Christ I'm glad you don't look after player trades 3 players under 25 for 1 pick hahahahahahah
If Billings said he wants out and their very first pick, likely to be pick 1 or 2, was on offer if it included Dunstan (already enough young on-ballers on our list) and one of our rucks (we’re not going to be able to keep them both), then yes, I do think it would be interesting.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 5:40pm DE Goey killing it again.

Probably not nice enough for the Saints though.

He is a bit naughty.
Highly doubtful he’ll want to play for us anyway.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
stonecold
SS Life Member

To the top wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 5:11pm 7AM here, so 4PM in Melbourne

11.30pm is not early AM, another fact incorrect!!!!!

Game finished around 5ish, media, weigh ins, feedback, cool down, ice baths, shower, injury reports, drive home, prepare dinner, rest, ice, recovery, post!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Anyway, what's to say 1 user name is only 1 poster, for example: a couple of posters can share 1 user, easily done!!!!!! ;)

Stay in England toolbag, Australia is better without you!!!!!

PS, don't you concern yourself about me, your out of the country and thinking of me, Sad to be you!!!!!

7.00am, could have just got home, some people actually work night shift etc, some professional sports people struggle to sleep before and after games because of the build up and release of pressure in professional sport!!!!!

All sorts of possibilities, your thought process is very sheltered (like one of those workshops), anyway, find someone else to fantasise about, your annoying us now!!!!!
Last edited by stonecold on Mon 11 Jun 2018 11:33pm, edited 2 times in total.

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
saintbob
SS Life Member

I’d trade Steven, Dunstan and Ross before Billings

Moods
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 11:21pm I’d trade Steven, Dunstan and Ross before Billings
I wouldn't

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

derby Street wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 5:08pm
iwantmeseats wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 7:22am Excellent. Move him on.
I’d take a gold class ticket and a kick in the junk.
Billing’s is weak and not up to AFL standard.
You don't have any idea do you?
Calling it as I see it. Not big enough not enough smarts.

longtimesaint
Club Player

This is a rubbish thread -to trade Billings would be up there with other terrible trades in the past -Ian Stewart, Joel Smith, Dean Rice, Tony Lockett.
Hopefully the people in charge of such decisions have more brains than some of the posters here.
Handing a star player to another club and getting a draft pick that MIGHT be as good as Billings in 2 or 3 years!

One year will be our year
takeaway
Club Player

longtimesaint wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 11:02am This is a rubbish thread -to trade Billings would be up there with other terrible trades in the past -Ian Stewart, Joel Smith, Dean Rice, Tony Lockett.
Hopefully the people in charge of such decisions have more brains than some of the posters here.
Handing a star player to another club and getting a draft pick that MIGHT be as good as Billings in 2 or 3 years!
Totally agree. Why would you trade a 22 year old who, except for his goal kicking accuracy would have been AA last year, and who has his best football ahead of him? We desperately need speed and class, and he provides that. He will be more valuable in an improved team that can use him better - hopefully that will be us as the year progresses.

If he wants out, Pick 1 and Zorko, that is all.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Come on. He is no star. Jesus Christ.

takeaway
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 11:20am Come on. He is no star. Jesus Christ.
Neither are any of next year's early picks.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Main question mark over Billings is whether or not he wants to be at the Saints. He can be a great player IMHO but, for mine, he's never looked like he wanted to wear a Saints jumper. Early days, he seemed to think he was too good for us. I expect now he thinks we've dragged him down to our level. Maybe we have!

Moods
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 11:17am ]

Totally agree. Why would you trade a 22 year old who, except for his goal kicking accuracy would have been AA last year, and who has his best football ahead of him?
Yeah and Roo would have been AA last year except he did his knee in the first game. And Bruce would have been AA last year if he'd just held his marks, he gets his hands to them.

The overrating of Billings on here is breath taking. He's NEVER been in the same class as The Bont or been close to AA. He's had some great games in the past, but then he gets injured. This year he has been well below par. He was well below par last year from the 2nd half onwards. He's simply too small, not powerful enough or quick enough to be a superstar of the comp. You need at least one of those qualities to have a meaningful impact on the competition. Blokes like danger, Dusty and Fyffe have at least 2 out of 3 of those qualities.

What Billings have is smarts and skills (supposedly) When that deserts him like it has seemingly this year, you're not left with a lot I'm afraid.

I was really bullish about his game in the VFL - until I realised that it was against Frankston, and that, according to another poster, he was given a free ride. :roll:

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Billings will be good but maybe not a gun. Most players are going backwards and I blame all the coaching staff. If billings gets some balls and fixes his kicking then he is back in business, if not then he will stay at Sandy until he does.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 1:58pm
The overrating of Billings on here is breath taking.… He was well below par last year from the 2nd half onwards.
I reckon your memory is deceiving you moods…

His last 12 games of 2017, averaged 24 touches, 6 marks, 3+ tackles and kicked 13.24 - 37 shots on goal…

Love to see the par you set for a 21 year old half forward - LOL 30 and 2 goals? :D :D :D

With 60+ shots on goal, accuracy the only thing keeping him from being AA last year.

takeaway
Club Player

takeaway wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 11:17am ]

Totally agree. Why would you trade a 22 year old who, except for his goal kicking accuracy would have been AA last year, and who has his best football ahead of him?
Yeah and Roo would have been AA last year except he did his knee in the first game. And Bruce would have been AA last year if he'd just held his marks, he gets his hands to them.

The overrating of Billings on here is breath taking. He's NEVER been in the same class as The Bont or been close to AA. He's had some great games in the past, but then he gets injured. This year he has been well below par. He was well below par last year from the 2nd half onwards. He's simply too small, not powerful enough or quick enough to be a superstar of the comp. You need at least one of those qualities to have a meaningful impact on the competition. Blokes like danger, Dusty and Fyffe have at least 2 out of 3 of those qualities.

What Billings have is smarts and skills (supposedly) When that deserts him like it has seemingly this year, you're not left with a lot I'm afraid.

I was really bullish about his game in the VFL - until I realised that it was against Frankston, and that, according to another poster, he was given a free ride. :roll:

True, he has been down this year, and the Bont has done more career wise - although Billings more than matched him last year. I never said he is or will be a superstar of the comp - Bont is not at the level of Danger, Dusty, Fyfe either. Billings has shown he could rise to very high levels, is only young and is the type of player we need. You don't trade him out for an unproven low draft pick, unless he really wants out.

The undervaluing of Billings and his potential on here is breathtaking.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 2:19pm
The overrating of Billings on here is breath taking.… He was well below par last year from the 2nd half onwards.
I reckon your memory is deceiving you moods…

His last 12 games of 2017, averaged 24 touches, 6 marks, 3+ tackles and kicked 13.24 - 37 shots on goal…

Love to see the par you set for a 21 year old half forward - LOL 30 and 2 goals? :D :D :D

With 60+ shots on goal, accuracy the only thing keeping him from being AA last year.
This is my beef though. On paper I agree, those stats look impressive. First up though, when you play half fwd, your primary role is to either score goals or set them up. My concern last year wasn’t so much his ball winning ability, but what he’s doing with the ball. The constant gettable misses are team deflating. And whilst he was involved in numerous scoring opportunities, he’s too often missing easy field kicks. This was occurring last year as well. I thought he’d remedy that this year and had high hopes for him. Instead he’s got worse! We drafted him on the back of his skills FFS.
It’s obvious his confidence is now shot. The question is Why??