Selection

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Selection

There are generally two groups of opinions

1. There's the group of supporters and fans who pay money and support the footy club with their hard earned and don't have family and friends who earn a living as a paid employee of the club. Naturally most of us want significant changes and most of want a change of coach ( I include myself here in this first group). How could you NOT want change when we have failed dismally this year PRIOR to our significant injuries. Then there's...

2. ...another group who are either part of the payroll at St Kilda or they are associated with those on the payroll at St Kilda. Naturally most of the people who support employees, admin, coaches and players on the payroll do not want significant changes, although it seems that some have concluded that Richo and/or some of his coaches will not be successful at senior AFL level

Everytime I read an opinion here on Saintsational I reckon the post generally follows the mentality of one of these groups

older saint
SS Life Member

Re: Selection

Selection all year has been an issue with no one having the balls to make tough calls. Billings should have been dropped weeks before, Finally was went back and fund the footy and is not better for it. Newness played 7 matches of football and had 4 tackles - 2 in 1 game- yet that was apparently acceptable, Weller may play a role but just ins't getting it done, Savage early on butchered it out of half back, yet because he got a lot of it was never dropped( has been better recently ) , took weeks to finally give Rice , Battle , and Phillips a game despite continual performances below and piss weak efforts by some in the AFL. Marshall showed a bit , got injured and hasn't been seen since yet Longer and Hickey bounce between AFL and VFL because after all this time neither have improved their glaring deficiencies.

Once they made some tough calls actually got some positive results from it - Billings, Armitage, Steele, all dropped and came back better, Rice, Battle , Phillips given a chance and showed a bit.
Too many favourites and names not performances dictating selection.