Saints Slash Prices for Blues Game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints Slash Prices for Blues Game

Saintmatt wrote: Wed 11 Jul 2018 4:57pm It's a sad reflection of where we're at but quite frankly - the club's Admin has only got itself to blame. At some point - people stop believing the hype and lose hope - which is all football clubs sell .... HOPE.

All of the poor staffing, recruiting and coaching decisions of the past 7-8 years are finally coming home to roost. Whilst this 'cheap seats' promotion is tacky etc - it's not this I'm worried about ... it's actually the looming off season. I can't think how we're going to retain a lot of the newer members let alone attract new ones. Surely the toughest gig in Clubland will be St Kilda's marketing manager's.

The only ray of hope is that at least we're not North. They're going well and could only muster 14K to their game last weekend - imagine when they fall off their inevitable cliff ...
Great post
It’s actually a result of what happens when you consistently ignore your member base, make inept recruitment decisions over and over again so as to offer little to no future hope
I’ve said it a lot the worst thing that can happen to this club short term is we win a few lousy games against lowly opposition, finish mid table and recruit a project tall or anothe HBF.....we have the ability to actually do this...
But I agree, I think people have just gotten to the “over it” stage and that’s a dangerous spot for a club struggling
I genuinely don’t think supporters believe in this admin and coaching group
Even in early 2000’s we were Shyte but you went to games and saw real class, potential match winning talent emerging and you watched for this.......I can remember leaving Telstra Dome (as it was..), losing to Bombers by 90 odd points but smiling as I saw a young number 12 do some special things that made me think.......we have one here.....we can build around this
I’ve never felt more despair for the club than this time - even in bad days....there was plugger or harvs etc ......we have no elite players, dodgy corporate spin admin and a beige coach who fails to inspire (nice bloke though)...

“Yeah….nah””