A low point

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: A low point

1966 wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 11:49am Until then we are stuck with a club who’s proudest achievement this year was having gender neutral toilets at our Pride Game.
Well that is fitting as many believe the current administration is turning our club into a cr@phole

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
axcellence
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 8:51am
axcellence wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 8:31am
Zed wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 7:20am

I can’t belive we are hanging our hopes on
Lethlean to turn this club around. An administrator for goodness sake - not a bunch of young players, not coaching staff. We are seriously rooted. I’ve been a continuous paid up member for over 20 years and for the first time I’m thinking of not renewing.
Coaching is so overrated. In the end, it's the 18/22 players who go on the ground and move the ball.

It's not like Riewoldt was getting in AA squads because of Richo's coaching.

Some coaches get the best of their charges though and that's what they get paid for.

But, it never helps when
- bring in average talent
- the so called coach has no idea of the impact of losing Riewoldt/Montagna and has a lot of pliant deputies (ie yes men/women)
- the management is more worried about saving their hides

Rooted to the core.

Didn't renew this year after 15 odd years on after Roo left and in hindsight it's one of the better decisions I made.
Blaming the players?????

Hinkley, whilst talking about the Crows’ goal that wasn’t :

“The score review is there to make sure this sort of thing does not happen, and it continues to fail. Someone should be accountable for that because I am accountable for winning and losing.”

There you have it. The coach is accountable for winning and losing. Five years. 107 games, 37 wins, 70 losses.
Coaches are accountable for the performance.
Players are responsible for executing.

My point that there are teams like geelong 2011 where players coached themselves to a premiership. Brad Scott just did minor tweaks to the 2010 version and just stood out of way.
Then you have teams like Bulldogs where Beveridge got the best out of a faltering group.
Then you have the saints 2009 outfit. Players fluffed kicks in the grand final (Milne is a vivid memory).
So, there's a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

But yeah, overall I think we are all in agreement that Richo has to go. And he can take the rest of the coaching group with him even Kingsley, Hamill, Playfair, Sexton, et al.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

carn_sainter wrote: Sat 04 Aug 2018 11:46pm My problem is that the club just seems like a big marketing department full of mercenaries.

It seems like there is nobody there who actually cares about the place. It's about time somebody came out and said that we are disgracing what the club stands for instead of trying to act all positive, like everything is fine, like there is more to sell.

There is no urgency, no grit, no ticker - top to bottom.
Just out of morbid curiosity...What does the club stand for?
I'm yet to see anything that we stand for in the past seven years!