Training

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Training

prwilkinson wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 6:45pm Hawks by 80 then?
Nah, we are not that good.
At least 100.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

So Tony74 do you get to keep your job and role?
What about Jaxons?

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The correlation between Tony’s training reports and our on field performance has been very low. I’m starting to feel a little confident all of a sudden.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

The players should show some pluck, give 100% effort and take some ownership for the mess we're in - start hitting some targets, applying manic pressure in the forward line etc..
Show there's some sort of base to build from - and it starts from training, they should be throwing themselves into it.
Where there's attitude and will, there's a way.... stop sulking and sucking, you lot. Step up to the plate, count on yourselves .. and be counted.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Fri 17 Aug 2018 10:00am The players should show some pluck, give 100% effort and take some ownership for the mess we're in - start hitting some targets, applying manic pressure in the forward line etc..
Show there's some sort of base to build from - and it starts from training, they should be throwing themselves into it.
Where there's attitude and will, there's a way.... stop sulking and sucking, you lot. Step up to the plate, count on yourselves .. and be counted.
Why bother?

We are in a state of flux - if the coaches can’t give their all neither will the players.

We are just doing time for the next 2 games. Is a void.

Bring on September - should be a September to remember, our best one since 2011

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
samoht
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Fri 17 Aug 2018 10:14am
samoht wrote: Fri 17 Aug 2018 10:00am The players should show some pluck, give 100% effort and take some ownership for the mess we're in - start hitting some targets, applying manic pressure in the forward line etc..
Why bother?

We are in a state of flux - if the coaches can’t give their all neither will the players.

We are just doing time for the next 2 games. Is a void.

Bring on September - should be a September to remember, our best one since 2011
Why bother is the wrong attitude.
Cometh the hour, cometh the man as they say. This is a chance to stand up and be counted - real men relish the opportunity and take ownership.
If only to show that we have something to build from - that should be motivation enough.
If the players just mope and sulk, whoever of them does that, would be dishonouring themselves, the club and their team mates.
Players should stop conveniently hiding behind coaches, etc... it's all up to them, to give their all.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

They're not sulking. They're protesting.

samoht
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Fri 17 Aug 2018 10:31am They're not sulking. They're protesting.
Well they shouldn't be ... I can protest too at their protesting (if that's what they're doing) by cutting up my membership. :wink:

spert
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 9:51pm It’s basically a bit of a miserable place at the moment. A grand total of 3 watched training. Richo looks like a man condemned. Matt F wandering around with things on his mind, Simon L keeping an eye on things with his usual scowl. If it wasn’t for Gilbo and Spudder you’d swear there was a death in the family.
Jakey C nowhere to be seen either.
Sound pretty dire but I’m only the messenger.
P.S. They did have loads of goal kicking practice!
The season is already dead and buried for us...

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

The team has had an issue all season with games being taken away from them quickly, last week it was in the dying minutes of Q2. The whole team then hardly laid a tackle for the remainder of the match. They just gave up...again. They weren't up for the fight like they haven't been on many occassions this season. That is stuff they can control. I would hope the players are taking responsibility for that and is something they are willing to fix in 2019. Most players I'm guessing are currently focussed on end of season footy trips.

saint6709
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Fri 17 Aug 2018 12:02pm
The team has had an issue all season with games being taken away from them quickly, last week it was in the dying minutes of Q2. The whole team then hardly laid a tackle for the remainder of the match. They just gave up...again. They weren't up for the fight like they haven't been on many occassions this season. That is stuff they can control. I would hope the players are taking responsibility for that and is something they are willing to fix in 2019. Most players I'm guessing are currently focussed on end of season footy trips.
I would think that like the fans the players are just willing the end of the season to come as fast as it can - I think also like the fans they will be hoping for some dramatic coaching changes and some decent personal changes to the playing list between seasons end and pre season start - then hopefully they can re group, re focus and hopefully start to perform A LOT better next year

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I wish I could get paid 300-500K per year to sulk and give a half-hearted effort when things weren't working out for me.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Thanks T74.

Its not a surprise to be honest given how the season has panned out. What is the problem? There must be a problem with someone and/or something.

A further question. Has moving to Moorabbin affected the playing group at all? Positive or negative and its a genuine question.

The lack of effort on game day and on the teack isn't really good enough given the amount of money these blokes (players and coaches) get paid these days. If they don't want to be there and give a 100% then its time to move on.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
To the top
SS Life Member

"applying manic pressure"

You apply "manic pressure" when you do not have the ball.

The way you win football games is that you win, then use, the ball.

If you are relying on "manic pressure" that is symptomatic of not winning the football (and using it) in the first instance.

Same as "tackles".

You are reduced to tackling because the other side has the ball.

It is the side that has the ball which scores - and the highest score wins.

The Craw
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Fri 17 Aug 2018 12:02pm
Damn straight Cairnsman.

I can cop blaming the game plan, I can cop blaming the lack of development, I can cop the lack of leadership from the board, Admin and coaches from the players.

What I can't cop is lack of EFFORT ...... it is down right disrespectful to all of us supporters who put our hard earned into the club (and their wages) and turn up each week to support and cheer on.

EFFORT, that is something that can't be coached out of someone. That is something they can control. That is something that we as supporters recognise and appreciate even if everything else is shite.

And so far this season, the EFFORT has been zero ..... Just show a some EFFORT ffs not asking much from what has been a putrid season.

Not Craw, CRAW!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Times like this are opportunity to display true character

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Clocked off weeks ago.

Going to get smashed by plenty on Saturday.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saynta
Saintsational Legend

12 players didn't give a f*** after half time last week but Freezer wasn't one of them. He was benched.

George27
Club Player

sendmehomehappy wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 6:05pm Let's just pray that it is not even a worse debacle than that game against the Hawks at arctic park during Timid's reign.
No danger of us being 63 points ahead in the second quarter tomorrow night.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Fri 17 Aug 2018 2:01pm 12 players didn't give a f*** after half time last week but Freezer wasn't one of them. He was benched.
Agreed. Freezer, Battle and Long have been highlights for me this year.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Fri 17 Aug 2018 1:39pm Times like this are opportunity to display true character
And therein lies the problem!

saintbob
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote: Fri 17 Aug 2018 4:11pm
skeptic wrote: Fri 17 Aug 2018 1:39pm Times like this are opportunity to display true character
And therein lies the problem!
I totally agree and if our COACH had any character what so ever he’d do the right thing and resign.

derby Street
Club Player

freely wrote: Fri 17 Aug 2018 4:10pm
saynta wrote: Fri 17 Aug 2018 2:01pm 12 players didn't give a f*** after half time last week but Freezer wasn't one of them. He was benched.
Agreed. Freezer, Battle and Long have been highlights for me this year.
Sadly stating that those 3 have been the highlight of the year just spells out what a crap year we have had.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

tony74 wrote: Thu 16 Aug 2018 9:51pm It’s basically a bit of a miserable place at the moment. A grand total of 3 watched training. Richo looks like a man condemned. Matt F wandering around with things on his mind, Simon L keeping an eye on things with his usual scowl. If it wasn’t for Gilbo and Spudder you’d swear there was a death in the family.
by geez, this is the saddest post from you that I have ever seen.

I wonder whether the club keeps playing guys like Weller, Lonie and Newnes, to challenge them to show some heart.
Giving them a chance to step up- VFL won't do a thing, not this late in the season.

They need to show that they care, so when they don't get offered a new contract,
the club can say "you were given plenty of time and chances to show leadership on-field".

Dropping to VFL would be saying : "we want to keep you on, we want you to work on stuff and come back better"
Not dropping them is saying : "you've played enough games, now show everyone what you're capable of"

I had a cousin working in a large firm, who didn't hit KPI's sometimes, so they kept putting her into different training courses, alongside
the newbies, just as a refresher. (like being in the VFL)
But when she still battled to hit targets, she realised it wasn't for her so she resigned before they asked her to go.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

That's because his wife gave birth to a little sainter tony.

From the herald sun.

"Defender Jake Carlisle did not train yesterday, but for good reason.

His partner gave birth to their first child, a boy named Nash, and he will train this afternoon and play, while Richardson conceded that Nathan Freeman was “stiff” to be dropped in what was simply a move specific to countering Hawthorn."