Bassat - First Interview

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Bassat - First Interview

Myron Gaines wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 6:25pm AB was directly asked whether Richo will coach round 1 2019. His response: it’s highly unlikely Richo will be sacked”. If Richo’s position as head coach was guaranteed AB would have said so. Highly unlikely leaves the door ajar & is corporate speak for I’m leaving my options open. Once the player exit interviews are concluded & it’s discovered just how much the players don’t rate Richo then there’ll be movement on Richo IMO. It’s no surprise the club is positioning itself with a couple of senior assistant coaches capable of stepping up if/when required. My gut fee is Harvey senior coach & Rats coaching director. Watch this space.
You're right, if they'd made up their minds that Richo was definitely Coach for 2019, then his answer would have been emphatic.

The journos precision caught him off guard, "will Richo be Coach Round 1 2019?". He was unprepared for the very specific nature of the question, which caused him to hesitate and give away that he hasn't yet a firm position on the question.

However, I doubt that they're waiting for player feedback to make a final call. They would have a thorough perspective on Richo's performance now. Lethlean wouldn't need to formally review the Coach, he's had 9 months of very direct observations.

I'm guessing this is more about potential replacements, because if Richo is moved on his replacement will be one of the most critical decisions the Club has had to make in a long time. One that we must get right.

We would have to offer any new Coach a 3 year deal. So who's out there? It reminds me of what Grant Thomas was saying a few months ago, I wonder if Bassatt shares a similar view. It doesn't appear Caracella is interested in been a Head Coach, Ratten, Harvey, Voss represent substantial risk at 3 years and Mitchell will be groomed to replace Clarkson at Hawthorn.

So I reckon they're still looking at alternatives and a final decision hasn't been made.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 10:37am
Myron Gaines wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 6:25pm AB was directly asked whether Richo will coach round 1 2019. His response: it’s highly unlikely Richo will be sacked”. If Richo’s position as head coach was guaranteed AB would have said so. Highly unlikely leaves the door ajar & is corporate speak for I’m leaving my options open. Once the player exit interviews are concluded & it’s discovered just how much the players don’t rate Richo then there’ll be movement on Richo IMO. It’s no surprise the club is positioning itself with a couple of senior assistant coaches capable of stepping up if/when required. My gut fee is Harvey senior coach & Rats coaching director. Watch this space.
You're right, if they'd made up their minds that Richo was definitely Coach for 2019, then his answer would have been emphatic.

The journos precision caught him off guard, "will Richo be Coach Round 1 2019?". He was unprepared for the very specific nature of the question, which caused him to hesitate and give away that he hasn't yet a firm position on the question.

However, I doubt that they're waiting for player feedback to make a final call. They would have a thorough perspective on Richo's performance now. Lethlean wouldn't need to formally review the Coach, he's had 9 months of very direct observations.

I'm guessing this is more about potential replacements, because if Richo is moved on his replacement will be one of the most critical decisions the Club has had to make in a long time. One that we must get right.

We would have to offer any new Coach a 3 year deal. So who's out there? It reminds me of what Grant Thomas was saying a few months ago, I wonder if Bassatt shares a similar view. It doesn't appear Caracella is interested in been a Head Coach, Ratten, Harvey, Voss represent substantial risk at 3 years and Mitchell will be groomed to replace Clarkson at Hawthorn.

So I reckon they're still looking at alternatives and a final decision hasn't been made.
The president should not hire and fire coaches.

It's not his/her job.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Some of you guys should try reading tea leaves. You'd better at it.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
loris
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 8:36am
Dave McNamara wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 10:07pm Have been thinking about what's been happening under our current Saint's regime. And like parkeysainter... I've turned. :twisted:

I'm very very unhappy! (Understatement! :x ) I've decided that unless things are turned around bloody quickly (which is looking very unlikely), then at the next AGM I shall be getting up and saying the following piece.

l promise to provide some good theatre. (Though upon reflection, I've decided to leave out the line about the club creating a 'Hall of Shame', with these clowns as the inaugural inductees. ;) )

Thank you for this opportunity to speak. I shall be brief. Hence the following is merely just a summary. Though I can happily back it up in depth if needed.

Cutting to the chase...

I've followed our beloved Saintas since 1967. So yeah, still waiting. And with that in mind...

This administration is the worst I can remember! Period!

- You mishandled our strong on-field position post the Lyon era.

- You continued Wasteway's mishandling of our strong off-field financial position post the Butterssssssssssssssssssss era.

- Worst of all. You are responsible for the greatest stuff-up in the history of our beloved club! And I’m not channelling Donald Turnip and his hyperbole with that statement.

I repeat. You-are-responsible-for-the-greatest-stuff-up-in-the-history-of-our-beloved-club! Blowing our chance of the game-changing return to St Kilda. (Team Drugcheat are looking to have their $10 million debt paid off mid 2019. How the hell is it that we can't attract that sort of sponsorship??? Hint. Hidden in outer Seaford didn't help. Another hint. Hidden down a side street in Moorabbin doesn't help much more either.)

The more I think about this stuff, the more pissed-off I am at what-has-been-squandered!

I don't recall hearing or reading anything saying that any of the remaining BOM members spoke up in the past against any of the above. Therefore, till I hear/see proof to the contrary, I hold all the remaining BOM members to be part of the collective guilt, and I therefore have no-faith-in-any-of-you!

I don't know who would be the best current people to make up our BOM. What I do know. That I want every single one of you incompetents out of any position of influence over our club!!!

Do you think I'm being too harsh??? If you think so, fine. Then please, prove-me-wrong. Fix things! Or get the hell out!

There you go Sainters. No bloody vanilla!
They won’t let you get past: “I shall be brief”.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 11:03am
Linton Lodger wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 10:37am

The president should not hire and fire coaches.

It's not his/her job.
That's true RF - that would normally be the remit of the CEO. However, given the incumbent decided that needlessly extending the Dribbler was a great idea - I'd be happy to take the next coaching appointment well out of his (in)capable hands.

Go you red, black & white warriors
minneapolis
Club Player

What if they have someone lined up already for 2020?

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 2:36pm What if they have someone lined up already for 2020?
The only thing this club has lined up for 2020 is another wooden spoon.

Gladly accepted by mumbles.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

minneapolis wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 2:36pm What if they have someone lined up already for 2020?
they might have asked The Dribbler whose fault it is.
We know he's blamed the players. He said it, Lethlean said it.
He's maybe blamed the assistants, so some are gone.

He gets a chance next year, and if we still keep losing,
club can say that 'we gave u new coaches, so the problem must be you!'

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Myron Gaines
Club Player

Quoting myself. It’s happening...

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

SaintPav wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 8:36am
Dave McNamara wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 10:07pm

Thank you for this opportunity to speak. I shall not be brief. Blah, blah blah...

Do you think I'm being too harsh??? If you think so, fine. Then please, prove-me-wrong. Fix things! Or get the hell out!

There you go Sainters. No bloody vanilla!
They won’t let you get past: “I shall be brief”.
Good point. :)

(Don't worry, I will still be brief, but won't tell 'em that beforehand.)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: