Ratten joins Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Ratten joins Saints

fugazi wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 3:07pm
shrodes wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 1:59pm
IluvHarvey wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 12:58pm I guess my question is how do so many people on here know this is a good thing? Why are there so many experts on Assistant Coaches?
This is the internet. We're all experts on everything.
I think what he did with a pretty compromised Carlton list, and the game plan he developed, to suit the cattle he had available...it was pretty impressive
carlton fans didn't think so - they were baying for his blood worse than SS is baying for richo's!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bbm wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 9:30pm What if this was the first part of a much much bigger signing?
Ratten has stated in the past he doesn't want to be a Senior Coach again.
The new Prez has equivocated on Richo being coach next year,
Could Clarko be the man to take on the leauge's ultimate coacing challenge?
We know they work well together...
Funnier things have happened!

Watch this space..
Yes have read that elsewhere that this is part 1...and a senior coach out of contract next year might be the bigger fish but let’s see....don’t reckon we’ll land Clarko unless he’s done a kirribilli agreement with Mitchell...Longmire out of contract too...
I’ve also read recently that our coach, given the new prez announcement, is now firmly part of Lethlean review (wasn’t previously which was just dumb). Bassat may not be a fan.. still think he’ll be there next year sadly

“Yeah….nah””
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Fri 31 Aug 2018 8:10am
bbm wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 9:30pm What if this was the first part of a much much bigger signing?

Watch this space..
Yes have read that elsewhere that this is part 1...and a senior coach out of contract next year might be the bigger fish but let’s see....don’t reckon we’ll land Clarko unless he’s done a kirribilli agreement with Mitchell...Longmire out of contract too...
I’ve also read recently that our coach, given the new prez announcement, is now firmly part of Lethlean review (wasn’t previously which was just dumb). Bassat may not be a fan.. still think he’ll be there next year sadly
Teflon where did you read the club might be recruiting a senior coach out of contract next year?, and also where did you read Richo is now firmly part of Lethleans review?

I haven't seen these media reports and would be keen to read them if you have links?
Last edited by Cairnsman on Fri 31 Aug 2018 8:25am, edited 1 time in total.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

What if ratten came in andbcoached from day 1 and richo moved to a director of coaching role like Malthouse for a year
At least then it looks seamless but it gets fresh blood taking charge

Fanciful to think clarko would come to us
Best coach of the last 30 years

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Fri 31 Aug 2018 8:25am

Watch this space..
Teflon where did you read the club might be recruiting a senior coach out of contract next year?, and also where did you read Richo is now firmly part of Lethleans review?

I haven't seen these media reports and would be keen to read them if you have links?
BF scuttlebut
And The Australian
Happy reading

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote: Fri 31 Aug 2018 8:25am What if ratten came in andbcoached from day 1 and richo moved to a director of coaching role like Malthouse for a year
At least then it looks seamless but it gets fresh blood taking charge

Fanciful to think clarko would come to us
Best coach of the last 30 years
Ok with that and give him box crayons and tell him to draw his heart out till 31 Oct 2019 or whenever cheapest expiry date comes about.

“Yeah….nah””
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

D-L, my thoughts re Alfred E Neuman as a coach and your writing, are the same re Choco Williams as a coach. Again, I hope to be proven wrong.

(About the coaching that is. :wink: )

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Fri 31 Aug 2018 7:34pm
Cairnsman wrote: Fri 31 Aug 2018 8:25am

Watch this space..

BF scuttlebut
And The Australian
Happy reading
Teflon I can't find any articles in The Australian that claim Richo is now "firmly" part of the review. I'm particularly interested in quotes from club officials that would back your claim up.

Have you got a link to the article from The Australian?

jays
Club Player

best news i heard all day Image