Nathan Freeman

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nathan Freeman

The_Dud wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:39pm
CURLY wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:33pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:30pm
CURLY wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:22pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:11pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 4:36pm Negativity has been a curse on the balance of mankind since the beginning of the cosmos. Imagine waking every day and just thinking negatively about everything (including the ST KFC). It must suck.
Imagine waking up and everyday in denial and pretending everything is rainbows and lollipops, no matter how much of a disaster something is turning out to be. Just keep smiling and papering over the cracks and fingers crossed it will get better! Sounds like a Ned Flanders like breakdown just waiting to happen :shock:

I’d rather live in reality and acknowledge when things are good and when things are bad depending on the evidence presented before me.

But each to their own!
No you just keep bagging the club in the then rehashing every small thing you finally get right.
Nope. Much like your views on umpiring, you’re way off on this one too.

Richo still being head coach after 5 years of documented failure, and recruiting a broken down Dan Hannebery on $4M are the only 2 issues I have, I’m happy with how everything else at the club is going.

Sounds pretty positive to me! At least I have the ability to view the club objectively and don’t just blindly follow without question :)
How can someone that doesn't play at the club or has no intimate knowledge of our training or structure bag the coach? Seems odd at least we can all see the umpires fingering us.
:lol:
I won’t mention the easily available data on Richo past coaching performance...

And how can someone who doesn’t umpire or have any intimate knowledge of what happens behind the scenes at the AFL know anything about supposed cheating or conspiring against St Kilda?
:roll:
Still nothing you can point at Richo about directly. Your negative comments towards him are unwarrented and unwanted.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:41pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:39pm
CURLY wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:33pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:30pm
CURLY wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:22pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:11pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 4:36pm Negativity has been a curse on the balance of mankind since the beginning of the cosmos. Imagine waking every day and just thinking negatively about everything (including the ST KFC). It must suck.
Imagine waking up and everyday in denial and pretending everything is rainbows and lollipops, no matter how much of a disaster something is turning out to be. Just keep smiling and papering over the cracks and fingers crossed it will get better! Sounds like a Ned Flanders like breakdown just waiting to happen :shock:

I’d rather live in reality and acknowledge when things are good and when things are bad depending on the evidence presented before me.

But each to their own!
No you just keep bagging the club in the then rehashing every small thing you finally get right.
Nope. Much like your views on umpiring, you’re way off on this one too.

Richo still being head coach after 5 years of documented failure, and recruiting a broken down Dan Hannebery on $4M are the only 2 issues I have, I’m happy with how everything else at the club is going.

Sounds pretty positive to me! At least I have the ability to view the club objectively and don’t just blindly follow without question :)
How can someone that doesn't play at the club or has no intimate knowledge of our training or structure bag the coach? Seems odd at least we can all see the umpires fingering us.
:lol:
I won’t mention the easily available data on Richo past coaching performance...

And how can someone who doesn’t umpire or have any intimate knowledge of what happens behind the scenes at the AFL know anything about supposed cheating or conspiring against St Kilda?
:roll:
Still nothing you can point at Richo about directly. Your negative comments towards him are unwarrented and unwanted.
You serious? Wow those rose-coloured glasses must be strong!

33% winning record over 5 years (that’s worse than Watters, Lyon, Thomas and Alves when they were fired / allowed to leave), no finals in 5 years as coach, worst record by any 100+ game coach IN THE HISTORY of the AFL. Then the club basically acknowledging Richos failures by the feedback from players and captain, and the NEED to get better assistants to the club to prop him up.

Then we can address the numerous gameplan issues we’ve had over the last 5 seasons and this one...

I put it to anyone that the ONLY reason he wasn’t let go after last season is because we couldn’t afford to pay him out and the board didn’t want egg on their face for prematurely extending his contract.
Last edited by The_Dud on Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Dudley sees some positives at the Saints. Bookmark this thread folks. We have progress.

Just imagine if Hanners comes good and Richo leads us to finals glory! Dudley will have to change his avatar thingy.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:56pm Dudley sees some positives at the Saints. Bookmark this thread folks. We have progress.

Just imagine if Hanners comes good and Richo leads us to finals glory! Dudley will have to change his avatar thingy.
Believe me Ted, I wish those two things would occur, but the available evidence isn’t looking promising!

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

If we make the finals, will you change your avatar?
Yes or No.
I am laying it down for all posters to see. I think it's a fair bet.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 6:00pm If we make the finals, will you change your avatar?
Yes or No.
Yep, I’d be happy to do that!

Though maybe the praise should go towards Ratts :wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I think I heard someone on one of those footy shows state: " Why is it that when a side performs badly, we always blame the coach, never the assistants, but when a side starts to perform to a reasonable level, it is because of the assistants.

If richo copped the blame, he should now be given the credit for the improved performance. "

I agree with the real experts, guys who have played the game at the highest level.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 7:10pm I think I heard someone on one of those footy shows state: " Why is it that when a side performs badly, we always blame the coach, never the assistants, but when a side starts to perform to a reasonable level, it is because of the assistants.

If richo copped the blame, he should now be given the credit for the improved performance. "

I agree with the real experts, guys who have played the game at the highest level.
This is by far the dumbest thing I’ve heard for a while...

Why are the assistants who weren’t there last year getting credit for improvement ahead of the coach who was there that told everyone finals was the aim and the team won four games?

That is seriously your question?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

This thread was about Freeman and the mid season draft, not a forum to put more s*** on our coach.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The above post is not a criticism of the coaches... rather an observation as to why it is absurd to wonder why the new guys wouldn’t get more credit for marked improvement that coincides with their arrival.

Naturally, all of them are part of a team with the players so it’s impossible to actually accurately distribute credit/criticism... but why ppl look at it that way is blatantly obvious

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 6:04pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 6:00pm If we make the finals, will you change your avatar?
Yes or No.

My comment was directed at you mate, mainly because I value your opinion. Might not agree value you all the same.

Richo and his team have brought about change. I am grateful to them all.

Hence this post of mine above:

"I think I heard someone on one of those footy shows state: " Why is it that when a side performs badly, we always blame the coach, never the assistants, but when a side starts to perform to a reasonable level, it is because of the assistants.

I agree with the real experts, guys who have played the game at the highest level."

Don't know why other posters would suddenly think I was referring to their posts. I certainly wasn't.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

If N. Freeman plays another AFL game Tiger's position as greatest ever come back will be taken. Particularly as NF doesn't have a huge support team and nike sponsorship. He probably does have Tiger's mental strength though after all he has been through. Surely Carlton for one would be no worse for drafting him.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 7:44pm
Yes or No.

My comment was directed at you mate, mainly because I value your opinion. Might not agree value you all the same.

"I think I heard someone on one of those footy shows state: " Why is it that when a side performs badly, we always blame the coach, never the assistants, but when a side starts to perform to a reasonable level, it is because of the assistants.

I agree with the real experts, guys who have played the game at the highest level."

Don't know why other posters would suddenly think I was referring to their posts. I certainly wasn't.
I think Richo has shown his hand over the last 5 years, and the only reason he’s still there is because it’s too inconvenient to get rid of him yet.

I think the new coaches coming in have improved the team and have helped Richo out a lot. It makes more sense to me that the improvement has come from the new blood and not the old guard, who was the main overseer to 5 years of failure.

I just don’t understand what Richo brings to the table or why he’s still there. Just cut out the middle man and make Ratten the head coach. He has a 50% winning record and finals experience as a head coach, and since then he’s been understudy to one of the greatest coaches and football programs in the modern era.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 7:44pm
Yes or No.

Maybe because you didn’t quote and replied 2min after... it my mistake so fair enough.

A bit pathetic that your pretending that you’re not talking to me... in writing... on a forum though. Nonetheless that’s that.