Seriously, where did this come from?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Seriously, where did this come from?

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 8:58pm
Trev from the Bush wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 8:55pm
Crossy66 wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 7:58pm
Scollop wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 7:48pm
Trev from the Bush wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 1:08pm
remboy wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 12:54pm It's probably as much a reflection of how bad last year was. We went from being a mid table side expected to push for the 8 to a team that couldn't win a game.
It's as though last year never happened and we've gone straight from 2017 to 2019.
The new coaches, some new players and a bit of confidence don't hurt either.
Nailed it. Just rewound back to mid-2017.
Q: What did we have in mid 2017 that we didn't have last year?

A: Leadership

Rooy and Joey were not there last year and as soon as there were problems and losses, the negativity grew and the coach was hopeless and helpless in turning it around. Another guy that was on our list in 2017 was Dempster (although he'd retired from playing he was still a presence around the club).

Lethlean identified that Richo did not have the charisma or the personality or the credibility to lift the playing group. He had to import leadership and credibility and Billy Slater and Gubby Allen were the fisrt of a series of targets.

The main driver of this change in our fortunes has been Brett Ratten. Every interview I've seen, I've heard practical examples of the structures and systems that Ratts has helped implement. People see Ratts as having great ip, but I also see a bloke who is a fantastic leader and a bloke who gets buy in because of his positivity.

As far as the playing list was concerned, the guys like Geary, Ross, and Steven were not seen as capable enough or strong enough to turn things around on their own, so Dan Hannebery was also targeted to help provide on field leadership.

I think some of the playing group and developing leaders were a little insulted with some of the media spin regarding this and they've stepped up this year. I talk of Jack Steele and Jack Newnes and I see Josh Bruce as a guy who always has a positive impact on his team mates and I've noticed all these 3 guys have lead by their actions this year. Gears and Ross and Steven have also impressed with their efforts and attitude. I'm positive it can continue
"Lethlean identified that Richo did not have the charisma or the personality or the credibility to lift the playing group"

Source?
Read it in the tea leaves?
Nope. Barrett's weekly sliding doors article on afl.com.au.
😁🙄
I like to think for myself rather than regurgitate what I read on afl.com or the Hun or what my special itk sources tell me

Try it sometime

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Yep, we are all dumb. You have it all figured out. Lol.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

how many sides
being built by all those clubs out there

experience the ‘fallow’ year during the build
(as a part of the bigger picture of that journey)

we had one under gt

like progress is snagged

so , it’s a re-centre , swing the sword smartly
and go again experience
that only costs a season
IF
you don’t throw baby out window
with water

maybe this time
we’ve actually done betterer

i reckon all builds experience it
its the nature of the beast

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

yes
no
maybe ?

sauce : my woman’s intuition

asiu
Saintsational Legend

maybe the effen stone floaters did it

Ted ?

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: Could Moorabbin help players to feel more AFL worthy?

the dome wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 9:03pm I haven't been to Moorabbin for a few years now but could the history of the place be helping players to connect their identity with all the amazing history that took place on the oval there?
I remember back in the day occasionally rolling up to see training before the next weekend encounter. I felt all the more connected to the club by watching training which eventuated in witnessing pre-Grand Final training on the oval while the big crowd of fans watched proceedings from the soggy side of the fence. :D
There's nothing old left at Moorabbin at all except the location of the oval I believe.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Good assistants; Lethlean; the draw; good if accidental/forced recruiting; several players naturally improving; Josh Bruce, R. Marshall; and its the year of the pig.YOTP is the time when you need to correct your past mistakes and prepare for the future. (As we know the pig was Plugger's totem, only manifesting when he played in Sydney).