My take so far

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: My take so far

For me our defence has been the outstanding element. Especially given we are missing whom many would consider our best two defenders in Carlisle and Robbo. Wilkie has been fantastic and Battle much more than expected - keep developing him there.
Our pressure game is working much better - no doubt in part to much improved tackling thanks to Slater - a very smart move. Bruce back in the forward line gives us much needed structure and a choice of forward targets. Membrey’s game has improved as a result. The continued improvement of Billings. Lonie stepping up even further from his bright 2018 finish.
Less consistently we have Acres - a lot of upside - time to deliver it weekly. Same goes to Kent - we saw last week what he can bring. Parker has X factor and aggression.
Marshall has been fantastic for us given our rucking performances over the last two seasons.
The rest are playing with more confidence in themselves and their teammates - Savage and Newnes very pleasing. Steele, Ross, Geary, Brown and Steven were already top line performers and are enjoying their teammates stepping up. Hopefully we see our depth used and create pressure on players to perform consistently.
Defence, pressure and confidence. Bring it every week and there’s no reason we can’t play finals.
Last edited by desertsaint on Fri 26 Apr 2019 8:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "