We Would Have To Be One Of The Unluckiest Club In The AFL

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

twirlyhair
Club Player

Re: We Would Have To Be One Of The Unluckiest Club In The AFL

Cairnsman wrote: Thu 02 May 2019 7:53pm
twirlyhair wrote: Thu 02 May 2019 7:18pm Yep. For the Saints to get anywhere this year, we needed everything to go right, and much has, apart from the most important one: players available. So now the season becomes another development year, with the opportunity for us to get games into players and hopefully watch them grow. Coffield and Clark clearly in this group.
Don't give up hope just yet. My prediction at the start of the season was we would play finals if we had luck with injury and that was before Jake, Paddy and Robbo went down on the eve of the season. It always was a development year and so will next year be, my prediction is we are 2 -3 years away from being a consistent final 4 side. The list is a really good list however we still need to add a few more players to achieve being a consistent finals team capable of jagging a flag.

As we know it's the sum of all parts and you have to have that critical mass of seasoned campaigners who have played a good chunk of footy together to make the weigh-in. The Bulldog's flag was like Haley's Comet so don't get sucked into unrealistic expectations.

This season still has some surprises to come, don't they all in the modern era. So I'm not giving up hope that we can still make the 8. If we can keep the ledger respectable, and by respectable I'm thinking 6-7 wins by the half way mark then anything is possible in the back half.

They gotta keep entertaining us with what they have brought in the first 6 rounds though and don't stop delivering on the things they can control, if they do that then they will be able to claim progress in 2019.

And incremental and continuous improvement across the board is how the professionals do it.

CARN THE SAINTERS!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote

Yep, agree entirely. Never give up. As soon as the ball is bounced tomorrow it is Go Saints!