If you want to to point the finger...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Re: If you want to to point the finger...

In the thread theme I reckon Nathan Brown is another who could show a lot more aggression and leadership. I heard him called Jane the other week. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

I don't like the way we played on the weekend but it's hard to judge the coaching performance because we are limited with what we can work with right now.

We need to accept our recruiting has been poor. We do not have any real guns just a few with potential.

We have been decimated by injury right now.

We need to continue to build our talent base and game plan while staying competitive, its going to be a slow process I think. :cry:

twirlyhair
Club Player

Viscount Jeremiah wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 6:36pm I don't like the way we played on the weekend but it's hard to judge the coaching performance because we are limited with what we can work with right now.

We need to accept our recruiting has been poor. We do not have any real guns just a few with potential.

We have been decimated by injury right now.

We need to continue to build our talent base and game plan while staying competitive, its going to be a slow process I think. :cry:
Yes, there are certainly mitigating circumstances, and we have very few actual A graders. In the new AFL landscape, the successful clubs are longer relying on the draft, they get good players off other clubs. Getting closer to the EPL I reckon. Hard for clubs like the Saints to attract star players.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

twirlyhair wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 7:03pm Yes, there are certainly mitigating circumstances, and we have very few actual A graders. In the new AFL landscape, the successful clubs are longer relying on the draft, they get good players off other clubs. Getting closer to the EPL I reckon. Hard for clubs like the Saints to attract star players.
Apparently, Geelong is already talking to Cameron (from GWS) and his management while the Hawks are into Coniglio.
That's how these teams sustain their success - it's not the "great coach", it's the "great poach" that sets these teams apart.

As if it's not bad enough that we stuff up the drafts, we also stuff around or do stuff all while other teams (the usual successful suspects) continue to swoop on the uncontracted A graders.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 9:35pm
twirlyhair wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 7:03pm Yes, there are certainly mitigating circumstances, and we have very few actual A graders. In the new AFL landscape, the successful clubs are longer relying on the draft, they get good players off other clubs. Getting closer to the EPL I reckon. Hard for clubs like the Saints to attract star players.
Apparently, Geelong is already talking to Cameron (from GWS) and his management while the Hawks are into Coniglio.
That's how these teams sustain their success - it's not the "great coach", it's the "great poach" that sets these teams apart.

As if it's not bad enough that we stuff up the drafts, we also stuff around or do stuff all while other teams (the usual successful suspects) continue to swoop on the uncontracted A graders.
The Freo Dockers list should be producing much better results than we've seen over the last couple of years.

You yourself have sung their praises on many occasions. Not only do they have a wealth of talent, but they keep topping up and recruiting A graders from other clubs. They had another huge trade period last year with former West Australians wanting to return home. Freo also got lucky with some massive overs paid out in draft picks for players that wanted to leave like Lachie Weller.

This is the fourth year that they're into a rebuild. They've got midfield top 10 draft pick talent that has arrived and their younsters are learning from some of the games best mids. With a coach who values a dour game plan heavily weighted around defense they may struggle to make the eight again this year.

Freo kicked 2 goals up until halftime today and they were in front!! They scored 5 goals in total for the match from fifty inside 50's... and surprise surprise in the end they lost.

Anyway...bad luck to old Rossy. That's what you get when you stick to a crap game plan based on low scoring where anyone can win.

twirlyhair
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 6:09pm
twirlyhair wrote: Sun 05 May 2019 10:40am Then how about pointing the finger at:

Billings: Does he really care? Two very poor weeks.
Acres: La La Land
Gresham: See above and above.
Savage: Where was he?
Webster: No influence.
Membrey: Looks tough. Wasn't/Isn't
Ross: Really can't see him in the team beyond 2020.
Bruce: I let him off here. he always works hard, but clearly not right physically at the moment.

All senior/experienced players now. Players at this should never need a coach to get them up and going. These guys are in fact putting in coach killing performances.
clueless
Welcome to your opinion MD, but these guys, after 3-4 very good weeks really let us down on the weekend. Webster let off due to injury, but the rest on Sat. were very very poor. Have a look at the stats up to 3/4 qtr time, and also have a look at efficiency levels. Diabolical. They would want to lift this weekend.