We need NOAH ANDERSON - PICK 2

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: We need NOAH ANDERSON - PICK 2

samuraisaint wrote: Thu 04 Jul 2019 10:27am I don't know much about Anderson except from what I read in the newspaper yesterday, but we'll beat both Melbourne and Carlton this season - we have already and we will again. Particularly as we play Carlton at the MCG and I think we are starting to play better there than we do at Marvel.
We won't finish second bottom I shouldn't think because we'll also beat somebody like Fremantle here, but we'll definitely finish in the bottom 5 or 6 because we're also potentially going to lose a few matches by 100 points or so interstate unless there is some intervention which radically increases our scoring payload (unlikely).
I am more concerned at this stage at how we are going to replace all of these players in 2020:
Robbo (possibly ret)
Paddy (possibly ret)
Longer
Pierce
Brown (ret)
Armo (ret)
Joyce

The following players would also ask to be traded at the end of the year due to lack of opportunities (and I wouldn't blame them):
White
Rice

It's going to be hard to replace 7-9 players from our list considering I think we traded away our second or third round draft pick this year (might be wrong there)
I really hope Stuv stays, and great news that Gears is going around again. We've missed him badly for most of the year.
We will need to pick up two elite midfielders as a matter of some urgency.

Not hard at all. We basically have to reduce the list by 6 in order to get the mandatory three picks in the draft as we added three players after the season started, Mayo, Rowe and Marsh.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 04 Jul 2019 12:48pm
samuraisaint wrote: Thu 04 Jul 2019 10:27am I don't know much about Anderson except from what I read in the newspaper yesterday, but we'll beat both Melbourne and Carlton this season - we have already and we will again. Particularly as we play Carlton at the MCG and I think we are starting to play better there than we do at Marvel.
We won't finish second bottom I shouldn't think because we'll also beat somebody like Fremantle here, but we'll definitely finish in the bottom 5 or 6 because we're also potentially going to lose a few matches by 100 points or so interstate unless there is some intervention which radically increases our scoring payload (unlikely).
I am more concerned at this stage at how we are going to replace all of these players in 2020:
Robbo (possibly ret)
Paddy (possibly ret)
Longer
Pierce
Brown (ret)
Armo (ret)
Joyce

The following players would also ask to be traded at the end of the year due to lack of opportunities (and I wouldn't blame them):
White
Rice

It's going to be hard to replace 7-9 players from our list considering I think we traded away our second or third round draft pick this year (might be wrong there)
I really hope Stuv stays, and great news that Gears is going around again. We've missed him badly for most of the year.
We will need to pick up two elite midfielders as a matter of some urgency.

Not hard at all. We basically have to reduce the list by 6 in order to get the mandatory three picks in the draft as we added three players after the season started, Mayo, Rowe and Marsh.
I read on this site that Dylan is back training with the team. If so, that is great news for Dylan, his family and our club. He is one player at the peak of his powers, and has been in All Australian form before his illness. He is one of that list who we sorely miss and would find it very difficult to replace should he be forced into an early retirement.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Neither White or Rice even named as emergencies this week.
I think all the possible ins, bar Newnes, are over 30.
Considering how poor we were in the second half last week, especially the final quarter, I reckon those guys might be asking for a trade in two months time.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.