Ben King

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ben King

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 9:45am Gold Coast should now offer #1 & #20 to the Saints for Max.
#2 & #15 to Adelaide for 2 X Crouch brothers.

Yep its way overs for King & the Crouches but it will be a massive retention insurance policy for retaining the Kings, Crouches and the 2 SA boys taken in the draft last year.

Matt & Brad Crouch, Max & Ben King, Rankine, Lukosious, Bowes, Wright, Weller, Bowes, Fiorini is a core group in the right age bracket that matches most teams for talent and upside.
It won't happen but it's the type of thinking they need if they want to change their course because the same old, same old just isn't going to cut it.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 9:55am
SaintPav wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 9:33am We can't keep Bruce unless we are prepared to match the Bulldogs offer, which it doesn't appear we're likely to do, hence he’s gone and there's nothing that can be done about it as that's just they way it is.
Rubbish. Bruce is under contract. We don't have to match a damn thing until his contract expires.
Not legally but they most likely won't make him stay and the Bulldogs know that so that's why they don't appear to be blinking. So, rubbish right back at you...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
outside66
Club Player

With King put to bed for another 2 years or so, at least that now puts next years first-round pick back on the table. We'll definitely be able to execute our trade targets for this year and most likely get some change out of it.

damienc
Club Player

The Recruit wrote: Sun 13 Oct 2019 9:27pm Rumour floating around that Ben King will sign a two year extension tomorrow.

Blown up on the GC big footy site, they seem confident it is a good source.....anyone know this to be untrue...?

Well done. You were on the money. Disappointed he won't be coming to us but admire his loyalty.

damienc
Club Player

The Recruit wrote: Sun 13 Oct 2019 9:27pm Rumour floating around that Ben King will sign a two year extension tomorrow.

Blown up on the GC big footy site, they seem confident it is a good source.....anyone know this to be untrue...?

Well done. You were on the money. Disappointed he won't be coming to us but admire his loyalty.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

max probably told him, F*** it really is a rabble down here, the stories are true. they're throwing huge money at gops in desperation. just do two years for now and i'll let you know if things improve, if not i'll see you up there soon.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 11:45am max probably told him, F*** it really is a rabble down here, the stories are true. they're throwing huge money at gops in desperation. just do two years for now and i'll let you know if things improve, if not i'll see you up there soon.
Maybe he probably told him "do the right thing and show some loyalty and we'll see you here in 3 years time".

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Almost feel relieved this happened. I, for one, grew pretty tired of all that pipe dream speculation.

Looking forward to seeing Max King in his AFL debut season next year!!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

magnifisaint wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 12:06pm
desertsaint wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 11:45am max probably told him, F*** it really is a rabble down here, the stories are true. they're throwing huge money at gops in desperation. just do two years for now and i'll let you know if things improve, if not i'll see you up there soon.
Maybe he probably told him "do the right thing and show some loyalty and we'll see you here in 3 years time".
3 years is a long time to be away from family.
Navy ppl go away for 6 months, that's bad enough.
Surely there's heart pangs when Ben misses out on family occasions, etc.
Sure he can spend Christmas in Melbourne, and other days, but he'll be missed for other things

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Says a lot about all the “ITKs” on here who said it was a done deal he’d come next year because of St Kilda and his bro :lol:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 12:42pm
magnifisaint wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 12:06pm
3 years is a long time to be away from family.
Navy ppl go away for 6 months, that's bad enough.
Surely there's heart pangs when Ben misses out on family occasions, etc.
Sure he can spend Christmas in Melbourne, and other days, but he'll be missed for other things
maybe it's different for city people but three years is a blink. most people i know have lived far away for most of their lives. starts with boarding school for many, and uni interstate. then work interstate or overseas. and gc to melbourne is a cheap and quick plane ride, plus many melbourne games. almost the same as living in melbourne unless you vist family every weekend.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 12:45pm Says a lot about all the “ITKs” on here who said it was a done deal he’d come next year because of St Kilda and his bro :lol:
The AFL have reportedly done a back door (ambassador) deal with Ben King & Lukocious and are paying them 1.8 million over 3 years outside the GCS salary cap.

Absolute corruption and it needs to be regulated!

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Not too fussed. Firstly most player have the second year blues plus he was a little under the radar last year especially at the beginning so let's see how he goes this season.

More pressure on him plus he will get a better defender this time around. Plus kpp take a few years to come good and let's see how he enjoys finish bottom of the table year after year. Pencil in 2022 for a homecoming

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 3:17pm
The_Dud wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 12:45pm Says a lot about all the “ITKs” on here who said it was a done deal he’d come next year because of St Kilda and his bro :lol:
The AFL have reportedly done a back door (ambassador) deal with Ben King & Lukocious and are paying them 1.8 million over 3 years outside the GCS salary cap.

It was interesting Ben said in interviews today that he had tried to lure Max up his way, could it happen, especially if the AFL help with funds to make it possible. As equally as Simon Lethlean has done his best to lure Ben this way don't you think Cochrane wasn't shrewd enough to ask the AFL to help him with dollars and the prospect of taking Max up to the Suns. I've read a lot on here in the past few weeks that because the twins were Saints supporters they were somehow going to automatically both end up playing for the Saints. What happens if we offload Josh Bruce and don't get Ben or another forward.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Fair enough, something needs to be done to stop Victorian teams continually poaching young talent from there.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
ace
Saintsational Legend

outside66 wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 10:22am With King put to bed for another 2 years or so, at least that now puts next years first-round pick back on the table. We'll definitely be able to execute our trade targets for this year and most likely get some change out of it.
Sorry, but unless you team is Hawthorn and it is Gold Coast going to be the beneficiary as in the O'Meara trade, the rules apply.

The rule is you can EITHER trade your future first round pick OR one or more of your future later round picks picks.

If we use the future first round pick from 2020 that is the only 2020 pick we can sell.
If we use any of the future other round picks from 2020 then the first round 2020 pick is blocked.

In the O'Meara scandal, the corrupt AFL allowed Hawthorn to trade their future first round pick to St Kilda and then give their future second pick to Gold Coast as part of the trade.
If the AFL had a shred of integrity they would have blocked that trade.
The likely outcome would have been out of contract O'Meara going into the pre season draft and ending up at Essendon with Gold Coast receiving nothing for losing O'Meara.
The AFL acted corruptly to protect Gold Coast.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 3:58pm

Fair enough, something needs to be done to stop Victorian teams continually poaching young talent from there.
Yeah but did nothing to block Lynch going to Richmond or O'Meara to Hawthorn, but hey St Kilda doesn't count and the 2 Adelaide teams are drifting out of importance.
Hawthorn and Richmond deliver cash into the AFL pockets.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
outside66
Club Player

ace wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 4:01pm
outside66 wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 10:22am With King put to bed for another 2 years or so, at least that now puts next years first-round pick back on the table. We'll definitely be able to execute our trade targets for this year and most likely get some change out of it.
Sorry, but unless you team is Hawthorn and it is Gold Coast going to be the beneficiary as in the O'Meara trade, the rules apply.

The rule is you can EITHER trade your future first round pick OR one or more of your future later round picks picks.

If we use the future first round pick from 2020 that is the only 2020 pick we can sell.
If we use any of the future other round picks from 2020 then the first round 2020 pick is blocked.

In the O'Meara scandal, the corrupt AFL allowed Hawthorn to trade their future first round pick to St Kilda and then give their future second pick to Gold Coast as part of the trade.
If the AFL had a shred of integrity they would have blocked that trade.
The likely outcome would have been out of contract O'Meara going into the pre season draft and ending up at Essendon with Gold Coast receiving nothing for losing O'Meara.
The AFL acted corruptly to protect Gold Coast.
I'm sorry but what's your point? We can trade our future first round pick that we previously were reserving to go after Ben King with...

B.M
Saintsational Legend

If you want know how quickly it can change for GC

Given their draft hand and they already have a number of top ten picks

Brisbane were a basket case three years ago and now?

In 2001/2002 we fished 18th/17th with 7.5 wins from 44 games
In 2004 we made a prelim.

In three years they will have the best young list in the AFL

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 12:17pm Almost feel relieved this happened. I, for one, grew pretty tired of all that pipe dream speculation.

Looking forward to seeing Max King in his AFL debut season next year!!
That made me smile Sainternist. Even our "pipe dreams" suck!

Laurie
Club Player

Good decision by King to stay at Gold Coast thats 4-5 years ahead of us of being a force.

Laurie
Club Player

Good decision by King to stay at Gold Coast thats 4-5 years ahead of us of being a force.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Laurie wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 7:33pm Good decision by King to stay at Gold Coast thats 4-5 years ahead of us of being a force.
2 to 3 with a possibility of even playing finals next year.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 8:27pm
Laurie wrote: Mon 14 Oct 2019 7:33pm Good decision by King to stay at Gold Coast thats 4-5 years ahead of us of being a force.
2 to 3 with a possibility of even playing finals next year.
Bookmark it?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Laurie
Club Player

We are a rabble as someone described.
Targeting players who are past their prime injured or cannot get a game in the first 22 at their club.
paying overs.
A club being run by Zig and Zag with more pain ahead of us.
Wise move by B.King to sign on with Gold Coast.