New Answers fromFootyFirst/Board Challenge Updates

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Today's Herald Sun article by Damian Barrett says SFF have the 'backing of the powerful Fox family'.

Interesting.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Today's Herald Sun article by Damian Barrett says SFF have the 'backing of the powerful Fox family'.

Interesting.
is it fact though

saint4life
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Gadanski interviewed by KB on SEN after 9am Weds Morning• *Board issue is not a personality issue
• *Basically that it was good to retire debt and get the clubs finances in order in the past.
• *However it got to stage over the last 12 months that cost cutting was too tight
• *Asked himself a year ago was there the right group to take things forward? This included GT and everyone at the Club. New people are required. (obviously in favour of GT having been moved on),
• *Said in hindsight that Board and President should have said no comment on GT issues this year.
• *Mid-tier sponsors have not been serviced well enough…this includes helping sponsor get a return on their investment
• *Have relied too much on gaining sponsors through third parties rather than by direct contact and action.
• KB asked how did he raise them as a current Board Member? Basically did not answer it except to say that the current Board discussed it each meeting.
• *Again stated that need to spend more on physios etc….
• *On Klim. Gadanski knows him very well (Ooops…jobs for the boys???...no problem myself but remember many have said that the current Board were wrong in involving Sheldon because he was known socially first). Klim’s role will be to assist the club with best practices. Said also that Klim has had crippling injuries and has come back.
• *Asked about the Drink/drug policy for the Board. said it was driven by Greg as Greg does it in his company and that it was not meant to be a shot at the current Board.
• *What is happening with Moorabinn.
Gadinski said that he was directly involved in ALL stages.and with all previous CEOs etc. said he believed that we had a deal, but said he thought that deal was derailed by comments from the Board. Footy First will look at all options and not just Moorabinn. said that one person should drive the deal and that should be the CEO.

• *Wants a 5 year plan including to increase revenue.
• *GT can he return? Was discussed a couple of weeks ago. Have no affiliation. Is welcome as a member. As a coach or football operations manger? Gadanski thinks it would be too destabilizing. Did say that if GT wanted to be involved that he should ring Greg Westaway as an answer to KB on can Tt be involved. I would take it as a polite no.
• *Baker’s Case. Said he has always been amazed that the lawyers on the Board have not been involved and in particular Ross Levine.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I also at last hear westaway speak this morining....or at least kind of did!!!! as I was in the shower and so could not clearly hera.

It is good that he is at least at last coming out.

His drug policy comment was stupid and niavae.....and though he has back peddled that no one should take it personally......it wa pretty clear that most journos and readers would do so and particularly only one day into their cmapaign.

Apart from that, Westaway from what I could hear spoke quite reasonably....however it was mainly motherhood statements about putting footy first.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Thought Gadanski was very impressive...I have decided I will support this group.The current board[including Rod] has done a great job over their tenure but its time for a clean sweep...the continuing drama between GT and Rod is as Greg Westaway said is something the club doesn't need.

Too much peripheral crap distracting this club from what it should be concentrating on..winning games and playing finals which should be a minimum with our currenet list

When you get people of the calibre of Nathan Burke and Andrew Thompson expressing concern about the lack of reinvestment back into the football department and linking our injury management with a lack of resources it rings alarm bells for me.

They would not of taken this position unless they had serious concerns..

Like what I have seen of Westaway...a straight shooter and pragmitist as opposed to the corporate spin doctor.

Think Ross Lyon was the the first necessary and postive change for the club and think its time to complete the transition.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

My thoughts at present are leaning to the new group.....though their low blow drug innuendo tactic has reduced my respect for them....

Anyway we still need to see what both the Board and Alternate Board will propose to do.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Greg Westaway on 774 @ 10:33 Weds.
• What is wrong with Rod? Said he wanted to talk on his group and not Rod. It is about increasing revenue.
• Asked about his Drug & alcohol statement for the Board? said it was only about setting a standard.
• Asked about why he inferred that the current Board did have a problem (drugs)? Said he had not and that it was not about that.
• Does he have deep pockets? No, but had said that people had come out since the lauch to say that they were interested in sponsoring.
• Is Fox backing? No. Has not spoken with him.
• Said he was in for a stoush, but they had their crack at it.

This interview was very brief and I suspect mainly arranged in the hope by 774 that Greg would sling some mud on Drugs.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 12 Sep 2007 11:45am, edited 1 time in total.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Heard Westaway, not overly impressed. wtf is the drugs thing all about??? I'd rather be hearing about how his ticket would continue financial success and improve our on field situation.
What is his history, anyone know?

kaos theory
Club Player

Heard Westaway, not overly impressed. wtf is the drugs thing all about??? I'd rather be hearing about how his ticket would continue financial success and improve our on field situation.
He built & runs a decent sized & success full company (Gregorys Transport). Has a far more impressive CV that Butterss, as does the rest of the proposed new board

http://www.stkildafootyfirst.com/board.html

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Is it possible we can make a new thread or delete old posts? I have to go through heaps of pages to get the new info, and its a bit frustrating.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Heard Westaway, not overly impressed. wtf is the drugs thing all about??? I'd rather be hearing about how his ticket would continue financial success and improve our on field situation.
similar sentiments Fireman

in another interview brushed off the drug question with all my drivers a spot drug tested etc etc.......

also like to hear how they will..............improve things.

saint4life
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:Is it possible we can make a new thread or delete old posts? I have to go through heaps of pages to get the new info, and its a bit frustrating.
Simple....Just read the last few pages then by clicking on the last page number...you don't have to re-read the early stuff..

.Updates will keep being added....and the newest stuff will be there...on the alst page or two.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 12 Sep 2007 12:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Have just received my proxy voting form in the mail and will return today .

Burkey can use my vote as he see's fit...Have always trusted his judgement and character and after reviewing the St.Kilda Footy First material/website feel this is the group to take our club forward.

Mordi Bromberg and Andrew Thompson are both people of great integrity and character as well.

While it should be acknowledged that both Thomas and Butters have made a positive and significant contribution to the St.Kilda Football Club its now time to move forward with some new faces who are unemcumbered by the bitterness and negativity of their falling out which is dragging this club down.

Time for our club to unite as one and kick some serious ass in 08 :twisted:
Last edited by saint patrick on Wed 12 Sep 2007 12:49pm, edited 4 times in total.

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
always tomorrow
Club Player

chook23 wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Today's Herald Sun article by Damian Barrett says SFF have the 'backing of the powerful Fox family'.

Interesting.
is it fact though
No.

AT

Saints to go great in 08!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

QueenC wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote: Not sure on constitution of us, but I believe other clubs have double figure boards, so perhaps it is okay to co-opt people.
We have ten members on our board.
from my memory it got down to 5 i think.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Interesting to not that today that westaway has been doing the rounds....and that Gadanski also came out.....

Be also interesting when the current Board puts up their proposals..

I imagine that they may sit tight for a while....publically that is.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Interesting to not that today that westaway has been doing the rounds....and that Gadanski also came out.....

Be also interesting when the current Board puts up their proposals..

I imagine that they may sit tight for a while....publically that is.

So they sit quiet when they should speak out and speak out when they should be quiet.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I am guessing that they will do this so that they can put some time and resources into their response.

At present anything they put up in answer to what FootyFirst has said as areas that they will focus on.....could well just be replied with as yes we will do that but more.

At present FootyFirst are attacking the incumbants track record.....but the challengers have no track record to discuss, nor indeed even any concrete solutions that can then be critiqued..

I mean the current Board is not going to say that they will not try and increase revenue or not try and decrease the injury rate....
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 12 Sep 2007 4:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

Filling

Just thought I'd let you know that one of the candidates on the Footy First ticket is actually a Carlton member and supporter.

She has also only very recently signed up as a Saints member.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

THE EMPTIRE STRIKES BACK!

Just announced on SEN, RB and his Board will hold a press conference at Moorabbin tomorrow. No further comment will be made by them until then.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Filling wrote:Just thought I'd let you know that one of the candidates on the Footy First ticket is actually a Carlton member and supporter.

Marvellous.

And who, pray tell, might you be?

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Filling wrote:Just thought I'd let you know that one of the candidates on the Footy First ticket is actually a Carlton member and supporter.

An interesting first post...I wonder from whom :wink:

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I wonder why you have chosen to call yourself "Filling". Are you possibly currently filling one of the positions on the Board or in the club admin?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:THE EMPTIRE STRIKES BACK!

Just announced on SEN, RB and his Board will hold a press conference at Moorabbin tomorrow. No further comment will be made by them until then.
If he has got any sense he will stand aside gracefully and with dignity....
he desrves to walk out with his head held high after he has done a great job....but with recent events its time for a change and fresh united front.

If he doesn't step aside he will be voted out..the ground swell is overwhelming.

The fact you called it an Empire could be part of the problem...Rod doesn't own this club we do :x

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Might be for "Filling In " too.

However it is pertinent if the person that would appear to be the most capable person on the Saints Ticket is not in facta Saints person????

On the other hand people buy memberships at other Clubs for various reasons. ie Eddie has and that has not stopped him from being a very good President.