Caroline Wilson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

That Christine Nixon is a bad egg, first she was stuffing her gob as the state burned, now she's on with school girls. Shame, shame, shame...

Leo.J
SS Life Member

philtee wrote:Yowsers! It took me a 6 second Google search to find this -
http://aussiecriminals.wordpress.com/20 ... ex-charge/
This lead me to this - http://www.hinch.net/hinch-says-2010/De ... 12-10.html

And this probably answers my question...
Hinch - 23rd Dec 2010 wrote:I asked on Twitter yesterday: How come no media has made the connection between St.Kilda/teenage nude pic scandal and a current court case?

That case involves a suburban policeman who befriended an alleged teenage shoplifter and then had sex with the girl after taking her a nightclub and plying her with 14 drinks. The girl was pregnant at the time.

The policeman originally had his named suppressed. Although it was being bandied around on Twitter. The suppression order was lifted yesterday. He is Senior Constable Luke Donaghue, aged 34. He faces 14 charges including using his position to procure sex with a child, sexual penetration of a child, and supplying alcohol to an underage person. Donaghue will reappear in court in February.

The alleged victims’ name was not suppressed. Didn’t have to be. Under Section 4 of the Crimes Act you cannot identify the victim of a sexual assault.

But why hasn’t the media reported that this girl is the same one at the centre of the Nick Riewoldt stolen photo saga? It is
So for even Hinch to go quiet on this issue it must be a legal matter.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
philtee wrote:Yowsers! It took me a 6 second Google search to find this -
http://aussiecriminals.wordpress.com/20 ... ex-charge/
This lead me to this - http://www.hinch.net/hinch-says-2010/De ... 12-10.html

And this probably answers my question...
Hinch - 23rd Dec 2010 wrote:I asked on Twitter yesterday: How come no media has made the connection between St.Kilda/teenage nude pic scandal and a current court case?

That case involves a suburban policeman who befriended an alleged teenage shoplifter and then had sex with the girl after taking her a nightclub and plying her with 14 drinks. The girl was pregnant at the time.

The policeman originally had his named suppressed. Although it was being bandied around on Twitter. The suppression order was lifted yesterday. He is Senior Constable Luke Donaghue, aged 34. He faces 14 charges including using his position to procure sex with a child, sexual penetration of a child, and supplying alcohol to an underage person. Donaghue will reappear in court in February.

The alleged victims’ name was not suppressed. Didn’t have to be. Under Section 4 of the Crimes Act you cannot identify the victim of a sexual assault.

But why hasn’t the media reported that this girl is the same one at the centre of the Nick Riewoldt stolen photo saga? It is
So for even Hinch to go quiet on this issue it must be a legal matter.

or he went where others didn't fear to tread..afterall..none of them were angels.....nixon inclded.... 8-) :wink: :roll: :evil: :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

What a complete f***wit. What an over the top obsessed tool

Another opportunity awaits!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i wonder if his masonic cop buddies and judge can get him out of this one?
i doubt it
prob only up to one of the bottom three levels

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I saw today that Costello was putting the boots into afl players again. I guess that means he thinks all members of the Vic police are out of control also? Player managers? Mentioned a pollie that was a crooked molester as well so what does that make pollies? The guy has gone completely f$#@ed in the head since he missed out on getting to be prime minister.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I saw today that Costello was putting the boots into afl players again. I guess that means he thinks all members of the Vic police are out of control also? Player managers? Mentioned a pollie that was a crooked molester as well so what does that make pollies? The guy has gone completely f$#@ed in the head since he missed out on getting to be prime minister.
So the editor asks Costello to write something. Costello does. 'Don't worry about facts, we'll make em sound blurry enough,' editor says. The story gets a heap of air and a million online hits. Editor gets a pat on the back at the exec meeting. Maybe that bonus is closer than he thinks. Onto a good thing he asks Costello to fire up and snap out a retort piece. Subaru and AAMI and whoever else are tipped off about it and happily pay a 10% load on their banner ads. Editor pops the corks when he sees lightning's struck twice.

Fact is Costello has a point - that sometimes the AFL sees itself as an untouchable arbiter of morality that is also extremely snitchy when bitched about. But he throws in so much ancillary BS to beef up the basic point it makes him look a right arse in the end... IMO

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Not sure the AFL has ever seen it's self as the arbiter of morality? Just a bit more like the NRLs employed cousin, that seems not to get pissed every week end resulting in boob groping and vandalism. I think the AFL if any thing is more in the "OMG we are controversial now, let's pretend nothing is happening and it may go away."

Where you have a group of young men on big money, with loads of adulation thrown at them at them, you have a certain amount of trouble.

Soccer, musicians...Charlie Sheen anyone...

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:I saw today that Costello was putting the boots into afl players again. I guess that means he thinks all members of the Vic police are out of control also? Player managers? Mentioned a pollie that was a crooked molester as well so what does that make pollies? The guy has gone completely f$#@ed in the head since he missed out on getting to be prime minister.
Ignoring the man's old job, it's tough to disagree with his premise. Kids are selected on footy talent, not moral fibre or smarts. The distribution of brains like Luke Ball vs. larikinism like Fev is entirely random.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Not sure the AFL has ever seen it's self as the arbiter of morality? Just a bit more like the NRLs employed cousin, that seems not to get pissed every week end resulting in boob groping and vandalism. I think the AFL if any thing is more in the "OMG we are controversial now, let's pretend nothing is happening and it may go away."

Where you have a group of young men on big money, with loads of adulation thrown at them at them, you have a certain amount of trouble.

Disagree. Every club has a red hot go at making itself out to be a shining example in the community. They do it to win kids and stop them from going to basketball or tennis. The AFL encourages it. for example, the money that goes into Auskick is extraordinary. The time the players spend hauling arse to clinics and hospitals and god knows what else is amazing. But the very real fact is that footballers are footballers, not moral beacons. The moral standard bearing thing is no more than a construct to win members and raise the standard of perceptions. That the players participate is nice. Most in my view see it as part of their job and most probably enjoy it to a degree. But it is what it is. If they didn't have to do it most wouldn't. There is, after all, XBox to play and weights to lift...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
gringo wrote:Not sure the AFL has ever seen it's self as the arbiter of morality? Just a bit more like the NRLs employed cousin, that seems not to get pissed every week end resulting in boob groping and vandalism. I think the AFL if any thing is more in the "OMG we are controversial now, let's pretend nothing is happening and it may go away."

Disagree. Every club has a red hot go at making itself out to be a shining example in the community. They do it to win kids and stop them from going to basketball or tennis. The AFL encourages it. for example, the money that goes into Auskick is extraordinary. The time the players spend hauling arse to clinics and hospitals and god knows what else is amazing. But the very real fact is that footballers are footballers, not moral beacons. The moral standard bearing thing is no more than a construct to win members and raise the standard of perceptions. That the players participate is nice. Most in my view see it as part of their job and most probably enjoy it to a degree. But it is what it is. If they didn't have to do it most wouldn't. There is, after all, XBox to play and weights to lift...
It's not the kids they are trying to whooo in the first instance, it's the mums who allow their kids to choose a sport. Mums have been the focus of AFLfor more than 20 years now. Coincidently the calibration of our collective moral compass these days comes from the increasing amount of women in power.
Blame the women. Get them out of the game. It’s for men and it should be by men.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:... It’s for men and it should be by men.
Perhaps the Brotherhood of Men? I seem to remember a song similar to that name in the musical "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying."

No doubt former senior constable Moncrieff's favourite tune.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Clubs are the focus of kids and as such there is a facade of respectability shown, and yes the clubs are businesses. But if you put up a business model to get funding for a melbourne based club financiers would laugh at you. Most are running at a loss and rely on handouts.

A lot of clubs run on people volunteering time and services to survive. We get onto a club and stick to it for more than being sold a products when we were 5.

Auskick gives something back to the community that no government initiative could provide. It is funded somewhat by the money that could go to clubs and players. People are all cynics in Australia and love sinking the boots into the latest victim of an over the top media frenzy.

Most of the stuff the afl players have done wouldn't even rate a mention if they won't in the public eye.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Clubs are the focus of kids and as such there is a facade of respectability shown, and yes the clubs are businesses. But if you put up a business model to get funding for a melbourne based club financiers would laugh at you. Most are running at a loss and rely on handouts.

A lot of clubs run on people volunteering time and services to survive. We get onto a club and stick to it for more than being sold a products when we were 5.

Auskick gives something back to the community that no government initiative could provide. It is funded somewhat by the money that could go to clubs and players. People are all cynics in Australia and love sinking the boots into the latest victim of an over the top media frenzy.

Most of the stuff the afl players have done wouldn't even rate a mention if they won't in the public eye.
Hey no ones doubting Auskick's fun factor but if you reckon it's undertaken to make the world a better place you're just plain wrong IMO. Cynicism has nothing to do with it. The game is run by people whose modus operandi is to ensure the game's long term viability by returning a profit over and over and over. Auskick is to footy what the cartoon section is to the Sunday papers. A little dribble to get 'em in amd once they're in we can sell, sell, sell. That's just how it is I reckon.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

All I'm saying is no one is getting rich at a club level. Players on an international level get FA. We certainly aren't getting rich as a club. And most board members have real jobs to support their passion.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Trickle down is a great theory, huh...

Don't always happen the way it should...

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The afl is run on passion and reinvests money into the long term future development. Better to let it trickle away to a slow death as a sport?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

How'd you manage to post your 1000th twice?

Personally I think the AFL takes the piss a lot. There's a massive purse under it's control. When AD pulls 2.2mill pa and a couple of the local clubs around these parts can't afford balls, something's amiss.

I agree with you. I'd respectfully suggest tho that if the AFL halved the spend on marketing and let the game sell itself to a larger degree, we'd all be better off.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

manoffewwords wrote:Bad for us Yes.
Bad for the club administration, Yes.
Bad for a couple of players and one in particular, Yes

However.

I really don't think it will see the light of day

there is only 1 person who can collaborate the true story and they have been shut down and from what i know, it is very unlikely that this person will speak. The hand full of other people who know definitely wont.

Caro has lodged many requests for an exclusive and they have all been ignored.

You know what , I wish the truth would come out so we can move on. until it does its always going to be hanging there. In a way I wish i wasnt told the truth this week. I could have gone on in ignorance and not been fussed about the whole mess

While I still support the players and want to go and watch them play each week I dont want to be a member anymore.

I bet R Nixon knows the truth. It will be interesting to see what he will do with it if he is de-registered and treated badly by the AFL and feels aggrieved?

MOFW
Looks like the only thing accurate there was the part of it not seeing the light od day....as it does not exist.

KD played all the media for fools...whith Caro the chief fool.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
starsign
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:

KD [i]played all the media for fools.[/i]..whith Caro the chief fool.
........and may very well be continuing to do just that including 60 Minutes!!

(and now laughing all the way to the bank!)

speaking of banks I thought they may have edited out the last bit of her TV interview last night...

where she said she was now looking forward to getting on with a new life.......
as a night deposit clerk for a sperm bank....she certainly has all the attributes to make it a successful career!

(sry for repeating myself in another thread )

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Someone raised a very good point today.

This has potentially impacted true victims that have been genuinely mistreated at the hands of sports stars.

Journalists like Caroline Wilson, who exploited this girl to drive her own agenda, have done more damage than good to the 'respect for women' policy in the AFL.

I think she, and Robyn Riley, have now potentially cheapened what I believe was an extrememly positive movement the AFL has been trying very hard to establish.

Had they made any efforts to source information, actually establish facts, make enquiries....but no, they were opportunistic and wanted to use this girl as their vehicle.

Let's hope this backlash doesn't silence any potential victims.

Hope you're reading this Caro, and shame on you.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:Someone raised a very good point today.

This has potentially impacted true victims that have been genuinely mistreated at the hands of sports stars.

Journalists like Caroline Wilson, who exploited this girl to drive her own agenda, have done more damage than good to the 'respect for women' policy in the AFL.

I think she, and Robyn Riley, have now potentially cheapened what I believe was an extrememly positive movement the AFL has been trying very hard to establish.

Had they made any efforts to source information, actually establish facts, make enquiries....but no, they were opportunistic and wanted to use this girl as their vehicle.

Let's hope this backlash doesn't silence any potential victims.

Hope you're reading this Caro, and shame on you.
This is the biggest concern out of all of this. We seem to take 2 steps forward and 3 steps backward in regards to the 'respect for women' policy and it is a woman in this case that has caused so much damage. The next time a woman has an actual claim she is going to think long and hard before putting herself out in the spotlight to be called all sorts of names. The old 'she must have been asking for it' line will be back in full force. Thanks for nothing Kim.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Watch them all run from the story that smells bad now. We will not hear much more from any of them on the embarrassing saga.

Badlands
Club Player

St Kilda and the AFL believe she lied about her age and plenty else besides but that does not excuse Levin's behaviour nor that of Gilbert's manager Ricky Nixon, who declared in a lunchtime speech last winter that she was not and never had been pregnant. St Kilda too tried that line but no one has come close to proving the pregnancy was a lie. Both the AFL and St Kilda question much of what the teenager says unless it portrays football in a positive light. - Caroline Wilson, 5 February 2011.
Oops.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Badlands wrote:
St Kilda and the AFL believe she lied about her age and plenty else besides but that does not excuse Levin's behaviour nor that of Gilbert's manager Ricky Nixon, who declared in a lunchtime speech last winter that she was not and never had been pregnant. St Kilda too tried that line but no one has come close to proving the pregnancy was a lie. Both the AFL and St Kilda question much of what the teenager says unless it portrays football in a positive light. - Caroline Wilson, 5 February 2011.
Oops.
Oh dear Caro. We await the wriggle with interest.