Saintsational is dying...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Re: Saintsational is dying...

meh. The 09/10 debacle has worn me out. I still attend games, but the urge to discuss and read saints stuff all through the week is gone. Reckon there is a few like me.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:meh. The 09/10 debacle has worn me out. I still attend games, but the urge to discuss and read saints stuff all through the week is gone. Reckon there is a few like me.
not trying to be smart but i would say the bandwagon has also dropped off this site........

Fortius Quo Fidelius
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I guess it may be a symptom too, but I have missed this thread totally until now. I rarely venture to the football forum here for whatever reason. Glance at it for some news and that's it.

For what it's worth:
1. As Gaz pointed out in the earlier pages, this downturn (for want of a better word) was identified at least two years ago
2. To query, question or berate the Mods regarding money for the site, features or the like is shooting the messenger. The Mods are like the police. They police policy. To get change, you need to get to the policy makers. In this case, the Admin/Owner. battye.
3. For all those calling for Plugger66 to be banned because he annoys you? I find that pathetic. I find it totally pathetic. You don't like his posts, ignore them. He is not a racist, abusive, tyrannical poster. He has a style which you can choose to like or dislike, but seriously calling for him to be banned is childish in the extreme.
4. Back in 2010 I think it was, I drafted the Saintsational Forum Guidelines which are a sticky at the top of these pages. First and foremost in my thinking when drafting those guidelines was RESPECT. Respect your fellow posters and you won't have a problem. You can disagree....with respect. You can argue....with respect. Respectfully.
5. The problem with the Guidelines is that they are not enforced. This is either due to apathy by the Mods or by design by the Admin/Owner.
6. I believe you get out of it what you put in. The Admin/Owner do not put in and therefore the place is indeed in decline. The fact that Sam Crocker is still on the header is testimony to that.

I would welcome these criticisms if I were the Owner. It shows people care. If they didn't care, they would simply leave without a trace and the site would be no more. Time for someone to sit up and take notice.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

well said

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:meh. The 09/10 debacle has worn me out. I still attend games, but the urge to discuss and read saints stuff all through the week is gone. Reckon there is a few like me.
I think there's a lot like you. So much emotional energy expended for so little in return (well, some nice H&A and finals victories).

Think a lot of our supporter base has insulated themselves from further pain by taking themselves away from the coalface for the next few years.

I can, regretfully, understand this. It wasn't a debacle like you say - it was just bloody draining.

Throw in Kimi/Gilbert/Dawson/Lovett/Gram/Goddard nightmares and I think most people got sick of the constant off-field merry-go-round that combined with a distinct lack of results, poor drafting and over-zealous defensive football.

Upon seeing one player get way out of order with his 'status' in a particular Melbourne nightspot, I thought: "Why are my wages funding this guy's actions?"

Defending the club has taken it out of all of us. I think that's left this place worse off, to be honest.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I know a number of people (older generation) who didn't renew their membership after the Roo and Dal d1ck incidents....

Saints94
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:
I think there's a lot like you. So much emotional energy expended for so little in return (well, some nice H&A and finals victories).

Think a lot of our supporter base has insulated themselves from further pain by taking themselves away from the coalface for the next few years.

I can, regretfully, understand this. It wasn't a debacle like you say - it was just bloody draining.

Throw in Kimi/Gilbert/Dawson/Lovett/Gram/Goddard nightmares and I think most people got sick of the constant off-field merry-go-round that combined with a distinct lack of results, poor drafting and over-zealous defensive football.

Upon seeing one player get way out of order with his 'status' in a particular Melbourne nightspot, I thought: "Why are my wages funding this guy's actions?"

Defending the club has taken it out of all of us. I think that's left this place worse off, to be honest.
Agree with you 100% Everton fc. What keeps me going personally is the thought of us regenerating new and exciting kids and challenging again, its all just to good to ignore or not show as much interest imo.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I just had a browse on the True Sainters Forum.

Now I am not going to criticise our own so I will just politely say I am much more at home with your bunch of reprobates.

Vivat Saintsational !

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I just had a browse on the True Sainters Forum.

Now I am not going to criticise our own so I will just politely say I am much more at home with your bunch of reprobates.

Vivat Saintsational !
oh shut up con ye' spanker…

joking, joking :D

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:I know a number of people (older generation) who didn't renew their membership after the Roo and Dal d1ck incidents....
I find that amazing, it's not like footballers getting their chops out on end of season trips is a new thing…

Anyone who has played footy would have the same kind of shenans plenty of times.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

So I see no one that supposedly owns this place actually posts here.?
Still waiting on questions to be answered about the last 1988 update we got in 2012

Its pretty f****** rude really
U ask people for cash
Set up the forum
Its got LESS on it than before
And you're nowhere to be seen or heard?????

You're piss weak
Whoever u are