I took banned drug: Watson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: I took banned drug: Watson

plugger66 wrote:
Now to Con and all the others that have decided guilt but havent heard one bit of evidence I put this to you and would like an honest answer. Essendon for some unknown reason seem very hopeful of getting off. All evidence says thay couldnt possibly but say they were to show the people investigating this a document that clearly says ASADA has passed the drug for them to use. its a bit maybe but I cant see any other reason for their confidence. Surely if they have a document like that then they must get off even if it is a banned drug because Australias highest drug agency has cleared the drug for human use.
1. jobes admission constitutes evidence
2. dank texts constitute evidence on hirds intent and state of mind.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Now to Con and all the others that have decided guilt but havent heard one bit of evidence I put this to you and would like an honest answer. Essendon for some unknown reason seem very hopeful of getting off. All evidence says thay couldnt possibly but say they were to show the people investigating this a document that clearly says ASADA has passed the drug for them to use. its a bit maybe but I cant see any other reason for their confidence. Surely if they have a document like that then they must get off even if it is a banned drug because Australias highest drug agency has cleared the drug for human use.

Can you read Con? I asked a question and you give me stuff that has nothing to do with it. If they have a document like I said does that change anything? And what about the bet Con. Im still 99% sure essendon will play next year in the AFL.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:its a bit maybe but I cant see any other reason for their confidence. Surely if they have a document like that then they must get off even if it is a banned drug because Australias highest drug agency has cleared the drug for human use.
I agree, it is either they a) have a document, or b) are so deluded and naive that they think they are untouchable... The James Hird Complex...

At which point will this document appear?? After their skipper is dragged through the mud and now considered a drug cheating brownlow winner by not only anti-Essendon people, but the media at large... Respected journo's like Wheatley and Lane stating he must give it back??.. But Essendon still keep this document to their chest??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
plugger66 wrote:its a bit maybe but I cant see any other reason for their confidence. Surely if they have a document like that then they must get off even if it is a banned drug because Australias highest drug agency has cleared the drug for human use.
I agree, it is either they a) have a document, or b) are so deluded and naive that they think they are untouchable... The James Hird Complex...

At which point will this document appear?? After their skipper is dragged through the mud and now considered a drug cheating brownlow winner by not only anti-Essendon people, but the media at large... Respected journo's like Wheatley and Lane stating he must give it back??.. But Essendon still keep this document to their chest??

We dont know that. If they had such a document they would have given it to ASADA and im pretty sure ASADA would have said they cant show the document to anyone else. It may not exist but I just dont get the confidence of everyone at Essendon.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

We dont know that. If they had such a document they would have given it to ASADA and im pretty sure ASADA would have said they cant show the document to anyone else. It may not exist but I just dont get the confidence of everyone at Essendon.
I honestly believe it si a tactic, designed in consultation with their legal team and PR team.

They are trying to minimize the damage and this constant proclaiming of 'we did nothing wrong' will be followed by 'we were duped' when the findings come down from ASADA

To put it bluntly I have no confidence in public utterings from Essendon FC, James Hird and Mark Thompson.
I think history has shown they are 'loose with the truth' when it suits them.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Can you read Con? I asked a question and you give me stuff that has nothing to do with it. If they have a document like I said does that change anything? And what about the bet Con. Im still 99% sure essendon will play next year in the AFL.
I did write a longer reply but I lost it somehow.

Anyway it said something like

IF they do have a document from ASADA giving permission to use AOD-9604 then YES I agree the Bombers are in the clear and the mistake was clearly ASADAs.

I simply do not believe such a document exists.

If it does then the EFC should have circulated it 6 months ago AND ASADA should have put their hand up 6 months ago and admitted their error.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

If EFC had a document that cleared their drugs, then why would they do an internal investigation on themselves.

Why have we wasted 6 months on an ASADA investigation, if they have a letter clearing their use.

They are probably still cutting and pasting the ASADA letter head onto their carefully typed up letter.

And I think it has been pointed out on here that ASADA dont give letters, they give receipt numbers for enquiries.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

I did write a longer reply but I lost it somehow.

Anyway it said something like

IF they do have a document from ASADA giving permission to use AOD-9604 then YES I agree the Bombers are in the clear and the mistake was clearly ASADAs.

I simply do not believe such a document exists.

If it does then the EFC should have circulated it 6 months ago AND ASADA should have put their hand up 6 months ago and admitted their error.

I agree it probably doesnt exist but Con why are they so confident? It seems it is now and open and shut case of guilt but they dont seem to think that.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:If EFC had a document that cleared their drugs, then why would they do an internal investigation on themselves.

Why have we wasted 6 months on an ASADA investigation, if they have a letter clearing their use.

They are probably still cutting and pasting the ASADA letter head onto their carefully typed up letter.

And I think it has been pointed out on here that ASADA dont give letters, they give receipt numbers for enquiries.

Agree - it it exists then why we have been dragged through this circus for 6 months and why has John Fahey been so adamant on this?

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

The fact that you don't get something doesn't constitute a case. I think any number of things could explain their confidence. Bad advice, arrogance, naiveté.

The man that used to run the main regulatory body came out and said he doesn't see how they can avoid player bans - I'll go with him over Jobe and Jobe's dad, and the coach that instigated the cheating.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
I agree it probably doesnt exist but Con why are they so confident? It seems it is now and open and shut case of guilt but they dont seem to think that.
I just dunno - but I guess their outward confidence is what prompted caro to use the word 'delusional' to describe them.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

If Dank created a forgery and presented it to Essendon claiming it was an official document from ASADA, then that's where the club might have a get-out-of-jail card and maybe sanctions will be reduced for both the club and the players. Either that or Danks links to omg's scares the poops out of everyone

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I just dunno - but I guess their outward confidence is what prompted caro to use the word 'delusional' to describe them.
Their confidence??

16 Premierships is why...

"Whatever it Takes" is why...

"Stand by Hird" is why...

They believe they are operating on a different level, and probably were for many years... Sadly for them, that's no longer the case...

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Thats why EFC dont care how long the investigation goes on for. The longer it is dragged out , the more time they buy, to find the smoking gun, grassy knoll, or Missing exemption letters.

Perhaps they are using the time to try and buy off Danks to take the fall.

Perhaps they are just freakin arrogant, after all they have managed to make themselves look like heroes just by winning games.

Perhaps they are like the knight from Monty Python, "I'm not dead yet I'll bite your knees off"

Even Julia has accepted the inevitable
Last edited by mullet on Wed 26 Jun 2013 6:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:Thats why EFC dont care how long the investigation goes on for. The longer it is dragged out , the more time they buy, to find the smoking gun, grassy knoll, or Missing exemption letters.

Perhaps they are just freakin arrogant, after all they have managed to make themselves look like heroes just by winning games.

Perhaps they are like the knight from Monty Python, "I'm not dead yet I'll bite your knees off"

The time it takes has nothing to do with Essendon.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
mullet wrote:Thats why EFC dont care how long the investigation goes on for. The longer it is dragged out , the more time they buy, to find the smoking gun, grassy knoll, or Missing exemption letters.

The time it takes has nothing to do with Essendon.
Didnt say it did, just said they dont care how long it takes, and they have been quoted as saying they dont care how long it takes

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:If Dank created a forgery and presented it to Essendon claiming it was an official document from ASADA, then that's where the club might have a get-out-of-jail card and maybe sanctions will be reduced for both the club and the players. Either that or Danks links to omg's scares the poops out of everyone
That wont help them at all.

The onus is on the individual athlete putting the drugs in their system to contact ASADA directly. ASADA have a hotline for this to call.

Otherwise every athlete will just have some 'forged letter' on hand in case they test +ve.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Scollop wrote:If Dank created a forgery and presented it to Essendon claiming it was an official document from ASADA, then that's where the club might have a get-out-of-jail card and maybe sanctions will be reduced for both the club and the players. Either that or Danks links to omg's scares the poops out of everyone

The onus is on the individual athlete putting the drugs in their system to contact ASADA directly. ASADA have a hotline for this to call.

Otherwise every athlete will just have some 'forged letter' on hand in case they test +ve.
When you do a check on the ASADA website it asks if you are a coach, athlete, parent. When supplying the answer to your enquiry it gives you a receipt number. It doesnt know who you are. So for them to write a letter saying that you can use a substance that everyone else is not allowed to , well I just dont think it would happen.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
plugger, I think it's been well documented that Dank is the only person who claims to have possession of such a letter that he allegedly showed to the powers at Essendon but did NOT give them a copy. Both WADA & ASADA have stated that they "DO NOT DO LETTERS" instead they refer people to their website. IF, and that's a MIGHTY IF Essendon do have a letter then both WADA & ASADA might as well shut up shop !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

When you do a check on the ASADA website it asks if you are a coach, athlete, parent. When supplying the answer to your enquiry it gives you a receipt number. It doesnt know who you are. So for them to write a letter saying that you can use a substance that everyone else is not allowed to , well I just dont think it would happen.

Put simply they dont do 'letters'

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
mullet wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Put simply they dont do 'letters'

Con how do you know so much? it may not be a letter anyway. It could be a receipt as suggested. It maybe all lies. i still dont get their confidence. If i thought i was guilty I would be trying to make the supporters think there is a chance of guilt. They are making their supporters think there is no hope of guilt. And if they dont do letters how do they tell people about a substance?

markp
Saintsational Legend

Maybe they have compromising photos of AD with John Fahey?

Or a doomsday device set to detonate if they're found guilty?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
mullet wrote:

When you do a check on the ASADA website it asks if you are a coach, athlete, parent. When supplying the answer to your enquiry it gives you a receipt number. It doesnt know who you are. So for them to write a letter saying that you can use a substance that everyone else is not allowed to , well I just dont think it would

Con how do you know so much? it may not be a letter anyway. It could be a receipt as suggested. It maybe all lies. i still dont get their confidence. If i thought i was guilty I would be trying to make the supporters think there is a chance of guilt. They are making their supporters think there is no hope of guilt. And if they dont do letters how do they tell people about a substance?
Essendon don't state they are innocent, just that the players are, that's my take.
Surely there is no letter.
I reckon they will claim they are innocent victims of being duped by dank and the weapon.
You take banned drugs you're banned.
The East Germans and chinese swimmers were bullied by officials, how's their excuse?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

When you do a check on the ASADA website it asks if you are a coach, athlete, parent. When supplying the answer to your enquiry it gives you a receipt number. It doesnt know who you are. So for them to write a letter saying that you can use a substance that everyone else is not allowed to , well I just dont think it would

Essendon don't state they are innocent, just that the players are, that's my take.
Surely there is no letter.
I reckon they will claim they are innocent victims of being duped by dank and the weapon.
You take banned drugs you're banned.
The East Germans and chinese swimmers were bullied by officials, how's their excuse?

I reckon essendon may know that. they arent some little club from the back blocks. they are showing much more confidence than all the evidence suggests they should be showing. Surely the club knows the players wont get off because someone told them a drug was ok. I still say they have given ASADA something that only they know about. having said that i amazed something hasnt got out in that case. Its all to confusing. It seems and open and shut case but whay havent ASADA insisted players that seem certain of guilt be banned from playing now or why havent they given the results afterall if Watson has admitted using i am sure many others have as well.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Nope. Cotch and Mitchell get nothing.
If jobe gets it taken then someone else couldve got the votes he got thus possibly changing the order of the top 5 or so.

Imo