Match day thread - Saints v Crows

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match day thread - Saints v Crows

This is a serious problem.

Losses like this are disgraceful!!!!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:
mullet wrote:
Kate wrote:
mullet wrote:
Tom_Sainter wrote:
Kate wrote:Sick of the Betts love. Statistically the Crows least prolific player today.
The only thing more sickening than that is Drain Russells commentary, if i hear another ' oh baby' from here ill switch off, he is horrific to listen to
I would love Eddie Betts playing for us. Dont let disappointment cloud your judgement. He is amazing.
Not today he isn't.
He has still kicked a goal unlike most of our team. you are kidding yourself if you dont think he is a good player.
Don't think that's the argument, the commentary has gone on and on since before the opening bounce
I know, I am watching. But he deserves it as he does wonderful things. As does Buddy. They deserve all the swooning they get. As I said dont let disappointment get in the way of admiration for a great player.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Are we still a destination club?

The Fireman wrote:this a fair indication where we are..gees hope we draft well for 2017 otherwise we may not see the 8 for awhile. the Crows are a complete unit we are.... midfield fail, backline fail...but mostly we need a midfield. luckily for us we have some kids who may improve... I think Billings has more to offer and others cant be stuffed putting down future improvers atm...
We should be right. Sam Fisher will be back with a vengeance, gilbo is fit thank god, shinner keeps playing his role and he shouldn't be out for too long. Joey still has good numbers and need we say more about our captain...hopefully he'll be squeezed into the team for the next 3 years somewhere in the midfield-wing-forward flank

saintbob
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:
saintbob wrote:Montagna has been absolutely terrible today
That was an underwhelming effort v Cameron
Sadly that wasn't the only time he was caught jumping at shadows today!!

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Any updates on the bookends?

WellardSaint wrote:
Impatient Sainter wrote:It needs to be said - Allan Richardson is not the coach to take the Saints to a flag. I will be surprised if the club even play finals during his time!
Bolton n Beveridge have the goods. Richo just overuses words like "Strong" and "positive"
I have a strong feeling, actually I'm positive, that he is not a good coach.
WCE, Dogs, now today. Rubbish.
I hated going to the WCE game as it was a reply of round 23 last year. I asked the question last year after the Swans flogged us last year and we put up the same. Ditto this year and we have the Swans to come although Adelaide did it today.

We just go to sleep in games for too long. Its a feature of younger teams to show inconsistency but the time has extended may too far. Last year the effort against in Adelaide made me proud and we got pushed around by bigger bodied players. One season forwad and whats changed, less effort and some serious injury.

I will keep saying it, do the same thing in terms of drafting, weekly selection and retaining out of form players provides no change. No change will provide the same result and a basis for thrashings.

We are at the stage where the team should be showing more consistency now.

Tex Walker must have played blind this week. He thinks Saints are a good side to watch with their pressure, what pressure today Tex (44 tackles after chasing bums all day!). Adelaide efficiency was made to look good today.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
mullet
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
8856brother wrote:How do we put up performances like
Pies
Demons
Hawks
Roos

Then dish up performances like
Dogs
Giants
Eagles
Crows

How can they differ by so much? It's so embarrassing.
Simple. Pies and Demons were terrible and Hawks and Norf had off days.
So this is our lot is it? This is our standard? Time to stop caring so much if it is. Surely there's better things to be doing.
There are so many better things to be doing. This is a contrived business. An unfair playing field. It is not a sport any more. Hasnt been for years. Seriously people from other countries laugh at how contrived this is. One "club" gets the pick of all the young talent before everyone else. A fixture which actually determines who will make finals. Its not worth getting upset about mate.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I still think we should blame Gilbo
yep and sack the coach
and let's have a good look at our supporter base while we are at it ;)

kalsaint
Club Player

mullet wrote:
Tom_Sainter wrote:
Kate wrote:Sick of the Betts love. Statistically the Crows least prolific player today.
The only thing more sickening than that is Drain Russells commentary, if i hear another ' oh baby' from here ill switch off, he is horrific to listen to
I would love Eddie Betts playing for us. Dont let disappointment cloud your judgement. He is amazing.
+1

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
saintbob
SS Life Member

Our best today were clearly Geary and I couldn't fault the effort of Membrey, Bruce, Savage, Steven and Hickey while he was soundly beaten he tried his heart out.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

seano1 wrote:Some of our olds are done ......the coach can only work with the cattle he has in front of him and clearly there needs to be a bit of a clear out and the kids will need to be given game time and yes this will mean more pain for the long suffering supporters which for some on here is too long and want another coach gone .....that will help a lot thank christ some of you aren't on the board.
The board sacked a learner coach and appointed another learner coach. Before that happened we had already traded 2 of our best and most talented players. Our list management and drafting strategy at the time Watters was sacked was clear and there was a plan to bring in young players and shed the old. I know we've made some good steps towards the emerging leaders taking over and the younger players driving the change, and now i think it is the right time that they bite the bullet on the rest of the oldies.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Sobering Stat:

Average Age today

Crows = 24 y 7 months
Saints = 24y 11 months

And we had Gresham, Billings, Goddard and McCartin out there.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 05 Jun 2016 8:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

We should be sarcastic and make excuses and pretend it's all ok.

I can't cop that... Nor should any supporter... Coach... Player... Admin

Players should be embarrassed
Coaches ropable
Supporters scathing
Admin hold the effort to account

If that is tolerated... We are losers

St Igmata
Club Player

Tom_Sainter wrote:
St Igmata wrote:How is it Richardsons fault exactly?
Buck stops with the coach as simple as that.. Even if we go out and beat carlton next week it all means nothing with performances like this today.. Even more disappointing than the west coast game as it now is obvious it wasn't a one off
Nit much to work with. I think people need to be more grounded about where the club is at. Long way to go

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Compare to him to Heath Shaw.
Same position. Same age.
What is laughable is that some people actually delude themselves that Gilbert is still a good footballer.
Well not so much laughable but I find that some of our supporters(people who support players and club) very ordinary , you are definitely an ordinary supporter in my eyes. As a club we do not have a depth of talent that ,atm, is comparable to the top sides so we do with what we have. Gilbo is on his way out but it really s***s me when our fellow so called supporters put the the knife in. to me Con you are not a real supporter. actually i would love to sit next to you at game, or do you carry on like this at a game?

we are years behind some clubs atm...it's tough but it makes it tougher for me when I see fellow supporters like Con posting their negative vitriol towards individual players like Gilbert..thankfully he has given Geary a rest.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:Our best today were clearly Geary and I couldn't fault the effort of Membrey, Bruce, Savage, Steven and Hickey while he was soundly beaten he tried his heart out.
I thought Weller tried his guts out. Looks like Murdoch doesn't have it.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Are we the new Melbourne?

Super glad I waited all weekend for that.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

On the upside - Gresh is good.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
saintbob wrote:Our best today were clearly Geary and I couldn't fault the effort of Membrey, Bruce, Savage, Steven and Hickey while he was soundly beaten he tried his heart out.
I thought Weller tried his guts out. Looks like Murdoch doesn't have it.
+1

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Same position. Same age.
What is laughable is that some people actually delude themselves that Gilbert is still a good footballer.
Well not so much laughable but I find that some of our supporters(people who support players and club) very ordinary , you are definitely an ordinary supporter in my eyes. As a club we do not have a depth of talent that ,atm, is comparable to the top sides so we do with what we have. Gilbo is on his way out but it really s***s me when our fellow so called supporters put the the knife in. to me Con you are not a real supporter. actually i would love to sit next to you at game, or do you carry on like this at a game?

we are years behind some clubs atm...it's tough but it makes it tougher for me when I see fellow supporters like Con posting their negative vitriol towards individual players like Gilbert..thankfully he has given Geary a rest.
I call it as I see it. Geary was very good today and gave Eddie a bath.

Gilbert is cruising and going through the motions and simply playing to build up his super. He is playing the easiest position on the field and still barely going near he ball. He certainly isnt taking on any responsibility of manning a key opposition fwd like an under-sized Sean Dempster does gallantly week in week out.

If you think a 'real' supporter just blindly supports the players even when they are clearly taking the piss then that is your prerogative.

But if you are a 29 year old highly paid professional footballer on $400-500k per year then I expect more. If you think that makes me a poor supporter that is fine. We have different world views and I respect your opinion. I dont like being pissed on and told its raining and I dont just accept everything I am told by PR departments.

I have been supporting the Saints since I was knee high to a grass hopper and walking to games at Moorabbin before I could barely walk so your comments on being a 'real' supporter are meaningless to me.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 05 Jun 2016 8:53pm, edited 5 times in total.

saintbob
SS Life Member

298 disposals, 70 Marks and 45 tackles compared to 474, 168 and 36 which shows a real lack of accountability across the board by all our players!!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Same position. Same age.

Gilbert is cruising and going through the motions and simply playing to build up his super.

If you think a 'real' supporter just blindly supports the players even when they are clearly taking the piss then that is your prerogative.

But if you are a 29 you paid professional footballer on $400-500k per year then I expect more. If you think that makes me a poor supporter that is fine. We have different world views. I dont like being pissed on and told its raining and I dont just accept everything I am told by PR departments.

I have been supporting the Saints since I was knee high to a grass hopper and walking to games at Moorabbin before I could barely walk so your comments on being a 'real' supporter are meaningless to me.
keep expecting more. just don't call yourself a supporter.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Same position. Same age.

Gilbert is cruising and going through the motions and simply playing to build up his super.

But if you are a 29 you paid professional footballer on $400-500k per year then I expect more. If you think that makes me a poor supporter that is fine. We have different world views. I dont like being pissed on and told its raining and I dont just accept everything I am told by PR departments.

keep expecting more. just don't call yourself a supporter.
Ok I wont. I will take the certificate off my wall.

You on the other hand should put a big certificate up on your fridge.

To FIreman

The Bestest Supporter Ever

Signed
The Saints.

And P.S Do you support Tom Lee? If you supported every player then you should want him to get a game right?

And what is the point of a fan forum if not to bag, analyse and praise. Should it just be an echo chamber of back slapping?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

And P.S Do you support Tom Lee? If you supported every player then you should want him to get a game right?
I support all our players......send me that certificate because atm it is in the wrong hands. I support the Coach and his support staff aswell and who they choose to play. I have more faith in their decisions than some of the peanuts I see on here...