Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jaxons come on down

White Winmar wrote:In relation to JOM, does anyone else small a rat? They have labelled him the next GA Jnr, a marquee player who literally is their future. All they've offered him is a two year contract, admittedly at 750K a year. The question is, why only offer him two years? He's 22, supposedly coming into his prime, if he gets himself fit, with at least a decade of footy left in him. An absolute gun prior to the patella tendon injury. Wouldn't you throw the kitchen sink at him and try to make it almost impossible for him to leave?

The so called tough talk from their president is also just a smoke screen. Perhaps they've given up already and will take whatever scraps he could deliver. The Suns have no bargaining power, whatsoever. After all, if they let him go into the PSD, and he wants to go to the dopers, the Suns get nothing. He gets his required pay and a long term deal to give him security. The dopers get JOM and the no. 1 pick in the draft. I think I'm going to spew. As I stated, I smell a rat. Maybe JOM is never going to be the player he was. Maybe he won't play at all and spend the next couple of years in the rehab room. Maybe the Suns, who've had him under their nose for the last two years, know something they don't want the rest to know. I think we should steer clear. There are others we can target, this year and next.

Exactly. Why, if JOM is such a total gun are the club he's currently at only offering a two year deal?

Playon
Club Player

Laverde ALMOST a lock - BrianSpeakingshit BF

shrodes
SS Life Member

Playon wrote:Laverde ALMOST a lock - BrianSpeakingshit BF
Jaxons said we weren't into him... Be interesting to see which way this one falls
jaxons wrote:And MC Gusto no re Laverde, we prefer WH-E from Giants for that type.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

bulls*** speaking

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Playon
Club Player

shrodes wrote:
Playon wrote:Laverde ALMOST a lock - BrianSpeakingshit BF
Jaxons said we weren't into him... Be interesting to see which way this one falls
jaxons wrote:And MC Gusto no re Laverde, we prefer WH-E from Giants for that type.
Yep saw that, but it is the crazy time of the year and when it comes down to it I'd believe jax over BS ( he doesnt get those initials for no reason)

Also inquiries into Pittard is another one..

Been awhile since jax has updated so who knows, some of these things can change daily, some dont or didnt even happen :)

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BS also said we were a lock for Josh Kelly.

This stinks of a classic Connors ploy. Leak story that Saints are interested in Laverde and have offered big coin. Get Bombers to up price. $Ign with Bombers. Oldest one in the book and people fall for it every time. Same ploy used for Heppell and Hurley. Textbook stuff. Easy to find a gullible distributor like BS to do the job for you.

Playon
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:BS also said we were a lock for Josh Kelly.

This stinks of a classic Connors ploy. Leak story that Saints are interested in Laverde and have offered big coin. Get Bombers to up price. $Ign with Bombers. Oldest one in the book and people fall for it every time. Same ply used for Heppell and Hurley. Textbook stuff. Easy to find a gullible distributor like BS to do the job for you.
Yeah you're right Con the guy is full of it, the only thing is I didn't see any of the other itk's deny it. Also that wasnt the only crap statement he made, and he takes credit for things that he previously said that were bulls***. On top of that he feeds Parkin his crap.

Will wait on jax to see if anything new has happened

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

When there was talk of swapping pick 1 for 4 & 7 I know trout and co were very keen on using pick 7 on laverde

#1 Ryder fan
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Laverde has shown nothing... And is another tweener

shrodes
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Laverde has shown nothing... And is another tweener
Can't say I've seen much of him, but Player Ratings has mentioned that he "will be a player"

jaxons
Club Player

We have some interest in Laverde, if he leaves Bombers, he wants big money.
Please remember so many names and deals get thrown up but about 1% come off.
We would love Josh Kelly but no chance GWS will let him go.

jaxons
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:BS also said we were a lock for Josh Kelly.

This stinks of a classic Connors ploy. Leak story that Saints are interested in Laverde and have offered big coin. Get Bombers to up price. $Ign with Bombers. Oldest one in the book and people fall for it every time. Same ploy used for Heppell and Hurley. Textbook stuff. Easy to find a gullible distributor like BS to do the job for you.
You are on the money Gora, exactly what is happening.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
The_President wrote:Just adding on to my post above ^

No matter the talent the Hawks bring in, they can't possibly replace the talent as fast as they're going to lose them over the next year or so.

Basically the whole midfield as well as their best backman and forward.
Indeed, but I have a suspicion their culture is that strong that they'll never do a gigantic bottom out.

Sydney seem to have cracked this code.

Culture is a myth.

Their culture involves bulkying, violence on and off the field, drugs, recruits not even playing a game due to off field issues, verbally abusing women, fleeing the scene of sexual assault and so on and so on.

But they're good footballers with a good coach.

Their 'culture' is putrid.

But they're winning. So no one cares.

Once you start losing - only then does 'culture' become a problem.
You left out drink driving by their captain, but You are spot on that no one gives a damn as long as they're winning

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

A combo of Steele, Rockcliff and McKenzie could be a gettable and very handy set of additions to our list.

Marchbank would be nice, but there is a limit to what you can gain in the one draft period unless you start trading out talent that you really want to keep.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Who does Steele play like?

supersaints
Club Player

Not enough games to tell but as he was a medium forward who was tipped to be a midfield forward goal kicker half the posters on here will reckon " oh no not another AR forward type"

Only seen him play on one occasion against the Saints in round four.
There has been a bit of a knock on his disposal by foot

Here's what the AFL site said about him pre draft,

The inside word
Medium forward/midfielder that suffered a knee injury in the middle of the year. Has exceptionally clean hands and rarely fumbles, makes smart decisions and is composed under pressure. A strong overhead mark makes him a threat in the air however his clearance work is also very good, it’s for this reason he can prove a very difficult opponent to match up on.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:Not enough games to tell but as he was a medium forward who was tipped to be a midfield forward goal kicker half the posters on here will reckon " oh no not another AR forward type"

Only seen him play on one occasion against the Saints in round four.
There has been a bit of a knock on his disposal by foot

Here's what the AFL site said about him pre draft,

The inside word
Medium forward/midfielder that suffered a knee injury in the middle of the year. Has exceptionally clean hands and rarely fumbles, makes smart decisions and is composed under pressure. A strong overhead mark makes him a threat in the air however his clearance work is also very good, it’s for this reason he can prove a very difficult opponent to match up on.
Thanks SS!

Myron Gaines
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:Who does Steele play like?
He's a inside leaning utility that has a massive engine & can play through the midfield. Can play the Max Rooke medium marking & high pressure fwd. But medium term he'll be a Josh Kennedy big bodied midfielder. Cracks in & wins his own footy. Not overly quick but as mentioned has a massive engine. As a junior he was running 15's in the beep test. Skills are neat & marking for his size is very good.

IMHO Steele should be the #1 priority based on cost vs reward & upside.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Who does Steele play like?
He's a inside leaning utility that has a massive engine & can play through the midfield. Can play the Max Rooke medium marking & high pressure fwd. But medium term he'll be a Josh Kennedy big bodied midfielder. Cracks in & wins his own footy. Not overly quick but as mentioned has a massive engine. As a junior he was running 15's in the beep test. Skills are neat & marking for his size is very good.

IMHO Steele should be the #1 priority based on cost vs reward & upside.
Thanks!

Myron Gaines
Club Player

jaxons wrote:We have some interest in Laverde, if he leaves Bombers, he wants big money.
Please remember so many names and deals get thrown up but about 1% come off.
We would love Josh Kelly but no chance GWS will let him go.
I'm okay with our club being used as a pawn to force other clubs especially Essendon to overpay for their players. 400k a year is the rumour. I wouldn't be surprised if Essendon had half that on the table.

If there is an opportunity to get Laverde we should make it happen. He is a very skilful & athltic fwd-mid that would suit our sling shot game plan. I'm aware we rated him extremely highly in the draft. Around the 5-6 best player that year. Another money-ball pick that wouldn't cost the world. I much prefer these types than the injuring ravaged O'Meara's or Rockclifs with questionable personalities.

supersaints
Club Player

Here's a youtube link on Steele and the Saints

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
RODOS
Club Player

Although I never post on here and have no credits in the bank whatsoever, I will say

The pittard talk is legit.

Back story, grew up as a mad sainter, Vic boy, we told him we were going to take him at pick 16, enter A. Lovett, he went to port, was enjoying it until Richo left, Hinkley's a bit of a ****, super strict re havin an occasional beer etc as opposed to richo who thinks it's a good thing for bonding etc, there was division in the ranks, having a few bad seasons kinda killed the dream for a few of the younger boys, he might not be the only one looking for a trade. There was talk through his manager about mid way through the season that he was keen on the saints. Though he doesn't have much love for roo after a choice (and hilarious) sledge directed pittard's way. I'm sure his massive bump on roo in round 1 this year was a bit of payback.

However, I have no idea if it will materialise or not, we have a lot of half back flankers..

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

RODOS wrote:Although I never post on here and have no credits in the bank whatsoever, I will say

The pittard talk is legit.

Back story, grew up as a mad sainter, Vic boy, we told him we were going to take him at pick 16, enter A. Lovett, he went to port, was enjoying it until Richo left, Hinkley's a bit of a ****, super strict re havin an occasional beer etc as opposed to richo who thinks it's a good thing for bonding etc, there was division in the ranks, having a few bad seasons kinda killed the dream for a few of the younger boys, he might not be the only one looking for a trade. There was talk through his manager about mid way through the season that he was keen on the saints. Though he doesn't have much love for roo after a choice (and hilarious) sledge directed pittard's way. I'm sure his massive bump on roo in round 1 this year was a bit of payback.

However, I have no idea if it will materialise or not, we have a lot of half back flankers..
Pittard is better than the ones we've got though. I'd have him

Bring back the Lockett era
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Why do people listen to BrianSpeakingShit? If you throw enough darts, one of them will stick

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I sincerely wish we had got PIttard and not Andrew Lovett. Another brilliant decision by the super coach.

Anyway - I am dead keen on Jack Steele for something equivalent to a pick 20.