Grand Final Tickets

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

sarah 2 wrote:going back to my standing room ticket i am a foundationa social club member as well oh well at least im going :lol:
Better than restricted view.

For people with standing room..

1) It will be all St.Kilda SC members (I think)
2) The view is much better standing at the MCG than Docklands (the stands at Docklands are much lower
3) The ticket is $100 less.

And the big one. There are 21k other members who cant get a ticket at all.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Grimfang wrote:We're M1-P Row Y.

There are others I see in M3, so I'm really hoping the Saints cheersquad is in M2 or it could be very "interesting".

I'm unsure what the "P" stands for at the end of the bay number? It might just mean "Prime", anyone know?
M1 is divided between Prime and Premium, both starting with P???

http://www.premiumseats.com.au/downloads/mcgseating.pdf

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

matrixcutter wrote:
Sunday Red wrote:For those of you who can't get through, call them, hold the line and just say the word "operator" and eventually you'll get on to someone.
who told me they dont know and i could find out by logging on tomorrow
Matrix, I was told by the operator that she could not tell me and had told another customer the same thing on the previous phone call. Told her not good enough considering numerous members have been told what there seats are and I damn well want to know where mine are!!! She took my CC number and said she would see if she could find out. Came back a moment later with the seat numbers.

I had rung earlier and was given the same line as you. After re-reading this thread, I rang again. Not a hope in hell that I was waiting until tomorrow!!!! :twisted:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Go_Goose wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
lovedal26 wrote:just called and im seated at Q52 row HH
bad luck eh?

At least you are there, but you'll prob need binoculars being 34 rows from the front on Level 4.

You might be able to see over the top of the Southern Stand - pretty good views of the Dandenongs.
i'm sorry i had to comment. So so so many people and life long members are going to miss going to this game. bad luck?????? I can't cop that crap. your lucky to get into the ground!!!! comments about binoculars and being too far back are starting to piss me off! some people would give anything for that seat!! be happy with what you got whatever that is!!!

I know you probably didn't mean it and it was not meant to be taken as being ungracious but some people need to change their perspective and realise how bloody lucky they are.

Yeh agreed. Good post.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Anyone else got M7 row A ???

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
sarah 2 wrote:going back to my standing room ticket i am a foundationa social club member as well oh well at least im going :lol:

2) The view is much better standing at the MCG than Docklands (the stands at Docklands are much lower

Yeh good work Joffaboy....

Its perspective.

And that's 21 thousand Saint members that cant get a ticket - including some september saints that folked out extra cash just for the opportunity.

Combined with Geelong, I would suspect that there would be nearly 45 thousand paid up members that are going to miss out.....That is nearly half the ground.......
Last edited by Spinner on Sun 20 Sep 2009 4:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

There are others I see in M3, so I'm really hoping the Saints cheersquad is in M2 or it could be very "interesting".

I'm unsure what the "P" stands for at the end of the bay number? It might just mean "Prime", anyone know?
I am in M57 which is next to M1...so looks like a solid Saints area then.

I would guess P is for Premium or Prime as both seating types are in that Bay.

So looks like CS could be at "our" end.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

So looks like CS could be at "our" end.

By the look of peoples tickets....I would suggest our cheersquad is on the Southern End!!!!!!!

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Spinner wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

So looks like CS could be at "our" end.[/quote

By the look of peoples tickets....I would suggest our cheersquad is on the Southern End!!!!!!!

Good lord!!!! Don't tell me that! It could get very 'interesting' in my section to say the least....:twisted:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

to all guys still waiting... i called ticketek and found out i had a seat

however to this point in time, no activity on my credit card at all so it's not completely hopeless

good luck

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

I beg to differ.

There are long-standing social club members whose experience of the football for over 30 years has been in seats they choose to pay for and reserve. It isn't and wasn't unreasonable for people who have supported the club to assume that the club's promise of a ticket years ago would accommodate that this was how they had supported this club over the years.

The sorts of people I allude to were there for the S.O.S. campaign, the regular lows of the past 3 decades and demonstrated loyalty to the club above and beyond what many would have done.

To pursue a process that will lead to some of these folk missing out on the grand final experience owing to their age and needs is contemptible. It's shameful and it was avoidable if the club cared about these people.

It will no doubt touch a small proportion of SC members and therefore not interest the majority on this forum or those charged with the stewardship of the club.

Nevertheless, the contempt the club has shown , whether by incompetence or design, is disgraceful. Our older members deserved better.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

I'm in M29 row F.

saints4ever
Club Player

lovedal26 wrote:obviously im happy to actually be there but im a little pissed off when i did register first thing on the wednesday and they give me standard seats.
if anyone would like to swap i would gladly swap :)
We are also Q52 HH - and like you, while I am very happy to be there, also a bit disappointed that as a Foundation member who registered first thing Wed, I end up with these seats... I know I know be grateful, but....

Anyway, had my whinge, will now focus on the positives.... Go Sainters!!!

PS, the guy I spoke with at ticketek was very helpful :)

PPS, one positive to start - in the Olympic stand not southern!!
another postive - we won't get wet if it rains :)

now, to go decorate my windows in red white and black :D
Last edited by saints4ever on Sun 20 Sep 2009 4:50pm, edited 2 times in total.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:I'm in M29 row F.
So you're at the other goals...

I wonder which goals the Saints Cheer Squad will be at?

Sunday Red
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Its perspective.

And that's 21 thousand Saint members that cant get a ticket - including some september saints that folked out extra cash just for the opportunity.
I'm pretty sure they get refunded if they are unsuccessful in attaining a ticket.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

In this day and age,surely it's time each member get given a life long ID number. I know it's too late for someone that has been to every game for the last 30 years,but have to start somewhere

Each game you go to,you're barcode is scanned and is registered on a system. Over time this gives you a ranking. When the time comes to Grand Final tickets,the people that go to the most games, and have been a member for so many years,should get first priority at seating.

Or is this too complicated?

Bring back the Lockett era
Spelly
Club Player

Totally agree with Cowboy18.
Fortunately I was allocated a standard seat ... and am very grateful for that.
I was one of those who bought shares in this Club in the 1980's and I am a foundation Social Club member ... but there are others who did this too and have missed out ... disgraceful.

Also ... whilst standing in line to book in to my accommodation at a well known hotel on Friday afternoon, the guy behind me said "Go Sainters" as he noticed the scarf around my neck. To cut a long story short, this guy had already secured premium seats in a corporate box for the Grand Final. I asked him how he did that ... to which he replied "it's who you know and it doesn't cost a cent!" He wasn't a member, never has been ... it stinks!!!!

mcadam05
Club Player

:( ....................... still waiting

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Why the hell do they identify members as being gold, diamond, silver etc if at the end of the day it means nothing

undecided
Club Player

I think the saints cheersquad will be at the ponsford stand end as we were the higher qualifying team just like the last 2 matches

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:

There are long-standing social club members whose experience of the football for over 30 years has been in seats they choose to pay for and reserve. It isn't and wasn't unreasonable for people who have supported the club to assume that the club's promise of a ticket years ago would accommodate that this was how they had supported this club over the years.

The sorts of people I allude to were there for the S.O.S. campaign, the regular lows of the past 3 decades and demonstrated loyalty to the club above and beyond what many would have done.

To pursue a process that will lead to some of these folk missing out on the grand final experience owing to their age and needs is contemptible. It's shameful and it was avoidable if the club cared about these people.

It will no doubt touch a small proportion of SC members and therefore not interest the majority on this forum or those charged with the stewardship of the club.

Nevertheless, the contempt the club has shown , whether by incompetence or design, is disgraceful. Our older members deserved better.
Agree 100% with every word!

Loyalty should go both ways, but the Foundation status implemented by the Butterss administration was not respected by the current administration.

This is not a whinge, it's a matter of principle and on this matter the current board seems to have forsaken theirs!

I really feel for foundation status members who have been shafted in this process with standing room tickets at the expense of johnny come latelies who only joined two months ago for the first time, for one reason only!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

cowboy18 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

I beg to differ.

How in the hell can you blame the club for random ticket allocation? They have no more control over the freakin' seating than you or I do!

is it fair? NO! However, to blame the club and expect them to implement a process that is not available to them is ridiculous! Take it up with Andi, head of the AFL. The greedy little twat is the one that ensured the 15% of the clubs tickets where standing room only.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Grimfang
Club Player

So far, I'm working on the theory that we have Saints allocated to seats in and around M2 (M1, M3 & M4). There are some that have been allocated to M28, M29, M30 but those aren't quite directly behind the goals; there doesn't seem to be any allocated to M31-35.

Given this spread of allocations, I think the cheersquad will be in M2 - M3 (I thought M3 & M33 were allocated as standard seating because that is where the cheersquads would be sitting); surely they wouldn't put opposition supporters basically in the middle of a cheersquad at a Grand Final? I know AFL fans are generally well-behaved but that's just asking for trouble....

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote: I beg to differ.

yeah understood cb18.

I have been a continuous member since 1991 and couldn't get a ticket for the 1997 GF. Older people may find standing room difficult - but the club guaranteed a "ticket" if you are a SC member.

I have been a SC member for many many years but get allocated a standing room ticket. To me that is the luck of the draw. Apparently there was provision on registration if you had physical or medical difficulties.

it is unfair - but life is unfair. I am not looking forward to standing all day at the G from 9.30 onwards - but thats what has been dealt.

The club gets 11500 tickets for SC members - the ground has a capacity of 100k.
Is it the clubs fault or is it the AFL's.

The problem is ongoing and unsolvable.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
undecided
Club Player

I'm seriously starting to doubt if i'll be able to go and stand all day :cry: