Caroline Wilson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

starsign
Club Player

Badlands wrote:
St Kilda and the AFL believe she lied about her age and plenty else besides but that does not excuse Levin's behaviour nor that of Gilbert's manager Ricky Nixon, who declared in a lunchtime speech last winter that she was not and never had been pregnant. St Kilda too tried that line but no one has come close to proving the pregnancy was a lie. Both the AFL and St Kilda question much of what the teenager says unless it portrays football in a positive light. - Caroline Wilson, 5 February 2011.
Oops.
GOLD!!
maybe Mr Ego Newman is all to blame for firing up this poor excuse for a journalist????

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Badlands wrote:
St Kilda and the AFL believe she lied about her age and plenty else besides but that does not excuse Levin's behaviour nor that of Gilbert's manager Ricky Nixon, who declared in a lunchtime speech last winter that she was not and never had been pregnant. St Kilda too tried that line but no one has come close to proving the pregnancy was a lie. Both the AFL and St Kilda question much of what the teenager says unless it portrays football in a positive light. - Caroline Wilson, 5 February 2011.
Oops.
Pure GOLD...

starsign
Club Player

Leo.J wrote:
Badlands wrote:
Oops.
Pure GOLD...
oh dear oh dear Carolyn!!!
perhaps in hindsight someone as clever as you may have taken the time to
"come close to proving the pregnancy was a lie"
but of course you weren't in any hurry
to question much of what the teenager says unless it portrays StKilda FC in a positive light
now were you!!!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Badlands wrote:
Oops.
could someoe put that on Wilsons Twitter/Face Book under the heading of "credible journalist...not".

Always has been a piece of haggas.

“Yeah….nah””
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
Badlands wrote:
Oops.
could someoe put that on Wilsons Twitter/Face Book under the heading of "credible journalist...not".

Always has been a piece of haggas.
Hey! I like Haggas

suss
Club Player

starsign wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
Badlands wrote:
Oops.
Pure GOLD...
oh dear oh dear Carolyn!!!
perhaps in hindsight someone as clever as you may have taken the time to
"come close to proving the pregnancy was a lie"
but of course you weren't in any hurry
to question much of what the teenager says unless it portrays StKilda FC in a positive light
now were you!!!
What a stunning piece of work she is - to infer that the onus was on the club to prove that the pregnancy was a lie rather than on the girl and her media throng to prove positively that she was pregnant. Am I completely f****** crazy or doesn't this contemptible witch owe these players and our club an apology? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Someone raised a very good point today.

This has potentially impacted true victims that have been genuinely mistreated at the hands of sports stars.

Journalists like Caroline Wilson, who exploited this girl to drive her own agenda, have done more damage than good to the 'respect for women' policy in the AFL.

I think she, and Robyn Riley, have now potentially cheapened what I believe was an extrememly positive movement the AFL has been trying very hard to establish.

Had they made any efforts to source information, actually establish facts, make enquiries....but no, they were opportunistic and wanted to use this girl as their vehicle.

Let's hope this backlash doesn't silence any potential victims.

Hope you're reading this Caro, and shame on you.

This is potentially the best thought out post I have read on Saintsational.

Badlands
Club Player

And Caro's first emergence from hiding in the wash-up of 60 Mins is a safe but rather nondescript little piece about the great Jimmy Stynes helping Port behind the scenes to clear its debt.

Guess we can assume we won't be reading an apology any time soon.

Gutless.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
starsign
Club Player

Badlands wrote:And Caro's first emergence from hiding in the wash-up of 60 Mins is a safe but rather nondescript little piece about the great Jimmy Stynes helping Port behind the scenes to clear its debt.

Gutless.
She also finally convinced/sucked in contemporary Sam Lane to go through with her ill timed piece the day before 60 Minutes
Both now have serious egg on their faces

The sad part is it took me only 20 mins or so a week ago to very simply check out KIDs facebook and twitter entries over the past months which left me and thousands of others in no doubt what deception she was up to , and I'm astounded in this day and age , that a journalist like Wilson wouldn't/couldn't avail herself with this vital info before writing the crap she came up with

Her silence now really speaks for itself doesn't it !!!
She's in meltdown for sure!!
How many times can one open their mouth to change feet and still hold onto any semblance of respect as a journalist ??

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:
Badlands wrote:And Caro's first emergence from hiding in the wash-up of 60 Mins is a safe but rather nondescript little piece about the great Jimmy Stynes helping Port behind the scenes to clear its debt.

Gutless.
She also finally convinced/sucked in contemporary Sam Lane to go through with her ill timed piece the day before 60 Minutes
Both now have serious egg on their faces

The sad part is it took me only 20 mins or so a week ago to very simply check out KIDs facebook and twitter entries over the past months which left me and thousands of others in no doubt what deception she was up to , and I'm astounded in this day and age , that a journalist like Wilson wouldn't/couldn't avail herself with this vital info before writing the crap she came up with

Her silence now really speaks for itself doesn't it !!!
She's in meltdown for sure!!
How many times can one open their mouth to change feet and still hold onto any semblance of respect as a journalist ??
She's contracted to remain silent for a week after the story on 60 mins.

Such is the nature of her deal with nine.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
matrix
Saintsational Legend

starsign
Club Player

matrix wrote:Image
good stuff M8!!

is that what they call the proverbial substance hitting the revolving appliance?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Some commentators have clung to the fact she lied about being pregnant as enough evidence to make the opinions of those women directors irrelevant. That only serves to underline the blurred context of this whole sorry story. This girl was already a proven liar and a poor witness. None of that changes the fact that Demetriou took six days to say he was ''disappointed'' in Nixon's actions. Everyone seems to accept that the two St Kilda footballers did not know the girl they had sex with was 16 or that they had spent time with her at a club community visit. But both those facts remain, nonetheless.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/r ... 1bmlm.html

This line particularly intrigues me.

What a pity this ugly event has been played out on gender lines.

Pity yes, and where shall we point the finger?

With pearlers like this one....

Both the AFL and St Kilda question much of what the teenager says unless it portrays football in a positive light

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Caro writes:

"Everyone seems to accept that the two St Kilda footballers did not know the girl they had sex with was 16 or that they had spent time with her at a club community visit. But both those facts remain, nonetheless."

Is she implying that it is FACT that they knew she was 16 (how would Caro know that as fact?) and FACT that the players spent time with her at a club community visit?

Or is this cleverly word to take a bet each way i.e. the fact are she is 16 and she was at the club community visit by the players (along with dozens of others) and during that time the players as FACT would have spent some time (a few seconds / few minutes?) with her as they would have with all attendees?

What Caro continues to ignore is:

* the players deny even remembering her from that club visit
* KD agrees that they spent no meaningful time together at the club visit
* KD agrees they did not exchange numbers or contacts at the club visit
* KD admits to being "impressed with Sam Gilbert speaking" at the visiit
* A police investigation CLEARED the players of any wrongdoing at all
* KD travelled to Sydney with intent of finding them after the Swans game
* KD met up with them in a LICENSED venue where minimum age is 18
* KD told them that she was 19 and training with the AIS
* Either way ... it is NOT ILLEGAL to sleep with a 16 year old female
* Slept with one player and then days later started dating the other
* Then stole private files from that players computer when dating him
... and we all know the breach of privacy and multitude of lies after she was dumped by that player when he discovered her lies re her age and monogomy

In summary - Caro seems to be clutching at straws to justify her previous position ... a word of advice Caro if you are listening ... don't hang on too long ... or given her track record, she might bring your credibility down (further) in her web of lies and her history of manufactured evidence to support her claims

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Caroline Wilson

I just re-read my opening post ... and I love it! AMEN to everything here!
BackFromUSA wrote:Caroline Wilson is a disgrace!

Her editorial today is a disgrace!

Her attack on our vice president, the AFL CEO and Ricky Nixon is based on assuming that KD was not lying on many matters (and she is a proven liar on multiple levels) yet the reasoning seems to be she can't be a liar on such crucial matters as pregnancy because she is ... a woman ... and surely is being bullied by men protecting their turf. I mean COME ON!

She even attacks all for us calling her "that woman" ... ummm Caroline what were they meant to call this person who could not be named by LAW ... I have an idea ... how about Madame X ... or perhaps we should have just disregarded the law (like she did) and named and shamed her.

As for co-directors wanting to unseat our Vice President ... I saw no evidence of that at all at the AGM ... did anyone else? Was there a vote of no confidence proposed by other board directors at the AGM that I missed? This is just another case of this "journalist" taking a stab in the dark at what MIGHT be happening behind the scenes in order to plant a seed and see what grows ... sometimes this type of report creates action and she and her journo mates will be there to pounce if any cracks appear. In fact there are many applauding what Ross Levin did because without it there would be many other naked AFL footballers pictures published by now ... with other clubs involved and the AFL in turmoil.

Is Caroline mad that St.Kilda's actions prevented this? I mean that type of stopry would sell papers for months on end. The saga would have been huge - the largest scandal to ever hit in Australian sport.

And going back to her headline grab ... what she writes in fact PROVES what Nick Riewoldt was saying ... outside elements are trying to rock the boat at St.Kilda ... they are pouncing on every incident and reporting it out of proportion in order to make gains themselves (sell papers) yet she says he is wrong ... how ironic. All Riewoldt was doing was calling for the faithful to stick with the players and the club and focus on the main prize.

St.KIlda does not have the cultural problem ... it is the media that has the cultural problem trying to CREATE the news rather than reporting FACTS!

And Caroline Wilson just became President of that hypocritical society.

Stuff Caroline Wilson ... Strength Through Loyalty.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Re: Caroline Wilson

BackFromUSA wrote:I just re-read my opening post ... and I love it! AMEN to everything here!
BackFromUSA wrote:Caroline Wilson is a disgrace!

Her editorial today is a disgrace!

Her attack on our vice president, the AFL CEO and Ricky Nixon is based on assuming that KD was not lying on many matters (and she is a proven liar on multiple levels) yet the reasoning seems to be she can't be a liar on such crucial matters as pregnancy because she is ... a woman ... and surely is being bullied by men protecting their turf. I mean COME ON!

She even attacks all for us calling her "that woman" ... ummm Caroline what were they meant to call this person who could not be named by LAW ... I have an idea ... how about Madame X ... or perhaps we should have just disregarded the law (like she did) and named and shamed her.

As for co-directors wanting to unseat our Vice President ... I saw no evidence of that at all at the AGM ... did anyone else? Was there a vote of no confidence proposed by other board directors at the AGM that I missed? This is just another case of this "journalist" taking a stab in the dark at what MIGHT be happening behind the scenes in order to plant a seed and see what grows ... sometimes this type of report creates action and she and her journo mates will be there to pounce if any cracks appear. In fact there are many applauding what Ross Levin did because without it there would be many other naked AFL footballers pictures published by now ... with other clubs involved and the AFL in turmoil.

Is Caroline mad that St.Kilda's actions prevented this? I mean that type of stopry would sell papers for months on end. The saga would have been huge - the largest scandal to ever hit in Australian sport.

And going back to her headline grab ... what she writes in fact PROVES what Nick Riewoldt was saying ... outside elements are trying to rock the boat at St.Kilda ... they are pouncing on every incident and reporting it out of proportion in order to make gains themselves (sell papers) yet she says he is wrong ... how ironic. All Riewoldt was doing was calling for the faithful to stick with the players and the club and focus on the main prize.

St.KIlda does not have the cultural problem ... it is the media that has the cultural problem trying to CREATE the news rather than reporting FACTS!

And Caroline Wilson just became President of that hypocritical society.

Stuff Caroline Wilson ... Strength Through Loyalty.
Bitch!

Another opportunity awaits!
starsign
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:Caro writes:

"Everyone seems to accept that the two St Kilda footballers did not know the girl they had sex with was 16 or that they had spent time with her at a club community visit. But both those facts remain, nonetheless."

Is she implying that it is FACT that they knew she was 16 (how would Caro know that as fact?) and FACT that the players spent time with her at a club community visit?

Or is this cleverly word to take a bet each way i.e. the fact are she is 16 and she was at the club community visit by the players (along with dozens of others) and during that time the players as FACT would have spent some time (a few seconds / few minutes?) with her as they would have with all attendees?

What Caro continues to ignore is:

* the players deny even remembering her from that club visit
* KD agrees that they spent no meaningful time together at the club visit
* KD agrees they did not exchange numbers or contacts at the club visit
* KD admits to being "impressed with Sam Gilbert speaking" at the visiit
* A police investigation CLEARED the players of any wrongdoing at all
* KD travelled to Sydney with intent of finding them after the Swans game
* KD met up with them in a LICENSED venue where minimum age is 18
* KD told them that she was 19 and training with the AIS
* Either way ... it is NOT ILLEGAL to sleep with a 16 year old female
* Slept with one player and then days later started dating the other
* Then stole private files from that players computer when dating him
... and we all know the breach of privacy and multitude of lies after she was dumped by that player when he discovered her lies re her age and monogomy

In summary - Caro seems to be clutching at straws to justify her previous position ... a word of advice Caro if you are listening ... don't hang on too long ... or given her track record, she might bring your credibility down (further) in her web of lies and her history of manufactured evidence to support her claims
very well put!!

and this point about "spending time with her " at the club visit is a complete distortion of the facts in terms of its implication
As too all the previous media statements wording that KID "met" the players at the school visit ....absolute crapolla

The FACTS are that it was a motivational speech given to a large audience of students of which she was merely part thereof and not a footy clinic which may involve closer one on one contact with the players involved
Wilson has had to distort the facts and imply something false, and if that's all the pathetic excuse for a journo can come up in defence of her egg plastered face then she really needed not to have bothered!

When analysed in this manner the is no substance whatever to her statement , including the fact that everyone accepts the fact that the player not payers who had sex with her didn't know she was 16(and correct me if I'm wrong here but I thought it was only Gilbo unless she is referring to Collingwood players as well)
The only fact out of this that really remains is that the motivation for KIDs subsequent deceitful behavior stemmed from her being in that audience
Last edited by starsign on Wed 09 Mar 2011 8:19am, edited 1 time in total.

bob__71
Club Player

I dont understand why she is a football writer and hangs around the game so much when she clearly has a latent hate of men, and particularly footballers.

philtee
Club Player

It's not too far a stretch to think of her as another victim of KD, deceived,
used, but still not prepared to admit it. She's clutching at straws today, as is Hinch, because they can't quite explain
how the Club or players have actually done anything egregiously wrong. (I had to look that word up!)
Nixon's stupidity aside, she's now nit-picking over matters of process by the Club and AFL.

suss
Club Player

philtee wrote:It's not too far a stretch to think of her as another victim of KD, deceived,
used, but still not prepared to admit it. She's clutching at straws today, as is Hinch, because they can't quite explain
how the Club or players have actually done anything egregiously wrong. (I had to look that word up!)
Nixon's stupidity aside, she's now nit-picking over matters of process by the Club and AFL.
Spot on.

This woman is hell bent on blaming someone, for something, all of the time. Apprently this time the AFL and the AFLPA are to blame for Ricky and his abhorent behaviour rather than just Ricky himself. How about we all accept that Ricky has acted disgracefully and all move on.

She's also using another politician's trick - rather than look at the argument she can't win (e.g. St Kilda's done something wrong) she'll look at one she can (e.g. Ricky Nixon's done something wrong). It's an attempt to show she's right about something without accepting responsibility for her erroneous allegations. You'll see pollies pulling this one on Q&A every week.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

she is clearly trying to retrace her steps in order to remind herself of what the scandal was in the first place, with St Kilda.

and this is her justification for everything accusatory she has written about our football club over the summer? it's a pretty ordinary substantiation. extremely weak in fact.

an audactiy to even attempt to use the pregnancy lie to continue to criticise the AFL and push her agenda further. thin ice. not saving face at all.

no doubt it was a fact KD was 16 and at the school. but that's about it. how would Wilson know who the heck spoke to who? and this is what we've had a tough summer over? goodness sake!

it's a foul implication indeed, one which I would like her to explain to Gilbo's mother.

i don't know who's more trustworthy now, Wilson or KD. obviously Wilson has a pretty bad case of sour grapes over something (something in the past perhaps?) maybe

my suggestion to all AFL supporters; never ever click on a Wilson article and never ever buy The Age when Wilson has an article within.

I for one won't be.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Reggie
Club Player

Got a call last night from the aged reminding me that I've let my subscription lapse, to which I informed i had in fact cancelled the subscription. upon inquiring as to why , which I hope it filters down to those who matter, that I was fed up with the negative articles relating to St Kilda FC to make matters worse they sponsor us! end of conversation!

Furphy
Club Player

First Lady of Football? Ha! I remember her failed foray into afternoon radio on 3aw back in the '90's. She refered to Bill Clinton as the "former governor of R-Kansas" (Arkansas) She announced Mary McKillop was going to be "beautified" (beatified) and had an angry tirade at the proposed demolition of a "sacred aboriginal" public dunny in St.Kilda. Just a few of her on-air howlers!

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Caroline Wilson Ownage Memorial Thread.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Reggie wrote:Got a call last night from the aged reminding me that I've let my subscription lapse, to which I informed i had in fact cancelled the subscription. upon inquiring as to why , which I hope it filters down to those who matter, that I was fed up with the negative articles relating to St Kilda FC to make matters worse they sponsor us! end of conversation!
Good for you Reggie.

The Age of course don't have to write positive articles, or pull negative articles, about us just because they sponsor us.

By the same token, we have every right to refuse to buy or read their publication if they continue to serve up garbage.