Dal Santo to North Melbourne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Kickit
Club Player

Re: Dal Santo to North Melbourne

ChelseaGuy wrote:I think the club have stated that we need more midfielders -- don't see how trading Armitage, a midfielder in the right bracket out makes any sense
I agree. Most draft picks or young untried players won't end up as good as Armo.
Somehow Richmond are able to keep Martin on their list, but StKilda are supposed to trade Armo because he's mates with him.

longtimesaint
Club Player

This is one ridiculous beat up - he has only been asked to not go on holiday with Martin. No question of being trading

One year will be our year
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:
ChelseaGuy wrote:I think the club have stated that we need more midfielders -- don't see how trading Armitage, a midfielder in the right bracket out makes any sense
I agree. Most draft picks or young untried players won't end up as good as Armo.
Somehow Richmond are able to keep Martin on their list, but StKilda are supposed to trade Armo because he's mates with him.
Martin wont be at Richmond next year.

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
Kickit wrote: Somehow Richmond are able to keep Martin on their list, but StKilda are supposed to trade Armo because he's mates with him.
Martin wont be at Richmond next year.
Sounds more like Martin's decision rather than Richmond's though.

Megamaguire
Club Player

Armo will be fine if he continues to follow Watterman's advice. He has edged his way further up the progress ladder and should be all the better with experience.

I don't really see Armo being trade gossip.
I reckon the young guys like himself who regularly put in and deliver will not be considered in any swap scenarios. Armo had a good altitude outing last year and will not let this year's prep dive bomb into a farce.

Happy with Armo so far.

G O S A I N T S!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.