The Seb Ross discussions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Seb Ross discussions

saynta wrote: Sat 09 Jan 2021 2:01pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 09 Jan 2021 1:46pm
saynta wrote: Sat 09 Jan 2021 1:40pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 09 Jan 2021 12:46pm Seb came in a lowly 22nd place in Saintsationaal Player of the Year 2020.

How did he place in the other years? Especially in the B&F years?

Curious. Anyone know?
As I have been saying all along and others too, Seb is undervalued and his games under appreciated by SS posters.

No real mystery there, but thank the f*** SS posters don't pick the Saints side.

That task still falls to the coaches and they know what they are doing and who can play and who can't.
Just like Lyon with Ball in 09 I suppose?

You can’t have it both ways, unless you’re saynta I guess ;)
The tosser was an aberration, a glich in an otherwise knowledgable industry. Any one with an ounce of common sense is aware of that.
You may well be correct saynta, but his record is fair superior to Grant Thomas (cue the age old Saintsational argument) 😏

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 09 Jan 2021 2:06pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 09 Jan 2021 12:46pm Seb came in a lowly 22nd place in Saintsationaal Player of the Year 2020.

Curious. Anyone know?
As I have been saying all along and others too, Seb is undervalued and his games under appreciated by SS posters.

No real mystery there, but thank the f*** SS posters don't pick the Saints side.

That task still falls to the coaches and they know what they are doing and who can play and who can't.

The tosser was an aberration, a glich in an otherwise knowledgable industry. Any one with an ounce of common sense is aware of that.
You may well be correct saynta, but his record is fair superior to Grant Thomas (cue the age old Saintsational argument) 😏
Grant wasnt given the same chances and the tosser arguably had a superior team.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Curious. Anyone know?

Took the Saints to 2 GF and nearly won both, took Freo to another.

Yep, clearly no good :roll:

Every Saints person is off limits for everyone to criticise according to you... unless you don’t like them, then go at it!

Some might call you inconsistent, some might call you a hypocrite... but as I said before, you can’t have it both ways.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 09 Jan 2021 2:39pm

Curious. Anyone know?

Took the Saints to 2 GF and nearly won both, took Freo to another.

Yep, clearly no good :roll:

Every Saints person is off limits for everyone to criticise according to you... unless you don’t like them, then go at it!

Some might call you inconsistent, some might call you a hypocrite... but as I said before, you can’t have it both ways.
Ex saints FFS, ex saints have never been off limits. Get with it FFS. :roll: :roll: :roll:

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Joffa

Were we that weak in 2017?

We finished 1 game out of the 8

We won 11 games, Seb polled 14 Brownlow Votes and made the All Australian squad?

Facts that we should acknowledge

I’m guessing about 10 mids were picked in that squad. About 90-100 mids play every week in the AFL. So he was rated in the top 10% of mids in the entire comp.
Any season you average 30ppg is a damn good season

Is that so hard to admit?!

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Ross took us to two GFs

With the following A Grade players in their prime

Reiwoldt, Montagna, Hayes, Goddard, Milne, Dal Santo, Fisher

And the a core of solid B Grade players

Ray, Jones, Ball, Baker, Gilbert, Gardiner, Schneider, Blake, Koschitzke, Gram

If that team didn’t make a GF it’d be a failure

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sat 09 Jan 2021 10:35pm Joffa

Were we that weak in 2017?

We finished 1 game out of the 8

We won 11 games, Seb polled 14 Brownlow Votes and made the All Australian squad?

Facts that we should acknowledge

I’m guessing about 10 mids were picked in that squad. About 90-100 mids play every week in the AFL. So he was rated in the top 10% of mids in the entire comp.
Any season you average 30ppg is a damn good season

Is that so hard to admit?!
Odd response B.M, as I have been a long time supporter of Seb and think it ridiculous that supporters suggest he is no longer best 22.

Seb had a very good 2017 & has been a solid B grade AFL player, however Seb would not at his best (IMO) have been a B&F winner or top 3 between 2004 & 2011 when we had AA talent in the squad.

Whilst supporting Serbs value as a player I also acknowledge the 2 x B&F were in weak teams where there was no elite talent in the Saints team.

Steven & Ross were/ are very good AFL players with Steven pushing A grade at his best, but I’d still take Goddard, Dal Santo, Montagna etc who have never won a B&F over them any day if the week.

In summary good players with Seb highly underrated on this site, but their multiple B&F’s flatter them IMO.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.