ST KILDA DECIDES NOT TO PROCEED WITH BEN COUSINS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
markp wrote::idea: What if this is a cunning plan to put the Lions off, and we grab him with our last pick? :wink:
You sense a cunning stunt?
Perhaps, but only if they get a cunning linguist to negotiate.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
markp
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
markp wrote::idea: What if this is a cunning plan to put the Lions off, and we grab him with our last pick? :wink:
You sense a cunning stunt?
Wouldn't that be stunning...! :wink:

SAINT JUMP
Club Player

armooo if you can change clubs over this, you never was a saints supporter, maybe bc end up their.

Richter
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
Richter wrote:this prick teasing exercise by the club reeks of one thing above all.......

LACK OF LEADERSHIP.
we did send out the wrong messages a bit didn't we.
It's what happens when a tough decision needs to be made and no-one steps up to take the responsibilty....... indecision and...

Oh Archie on now......

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

regardless of your position on whether to draft him or not- surely everyone would agree that there better be some very good reasons behind this decision.
plenty of our membership money was invested in it.

Time will tell if its the right call.

Im disappointed we wont get to see what he could do in Saints jumper, but I think it would have only been a band aid solution to our midfield problem anyway.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saint66au wrote:You know whats funny??

As you read through the last 3-4 pages..you can feel the mood lightening with every post

By tomorrow morning I reckon we will move on :-)
Because most of the hytsterics have school in the morning and have had to go to bed :wink:

Really JeffDunne probably hit the nail on the head when he surmised that there was probably compelling reasons that we really shouldn't make public.

If I was Archie or the Pres I would keep my trap shut. We have no god given right to have a full and frank explanation. Just because some wanted him at the club, live with it and move on for gods sake.
Good to see you've mellowed a little.

Weren't you quite vehemently opposed to this a short time ago????

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:Ok...look on the bright side...we can re-draft Howard now :shock: :shock: :shock:
Hell, why not take on Peverill. Better still, lets take Fiora again!!!!

Idiocy, complete idiocy!!!!

davidgrantfan
Club Player

Disappointed ? Absolutely.

I would have been far more upset about the desision if Cousins hadnt shaved every hair from his body...Why the hell did he do that? stupid stupid man. makes a man look guilty, even if he isnt...

I am pleased that at least St Kilda gave it a red hot go...unlike some of the other clubs. I will have to trust the board decision. What other choice do we have?.

remember also that the afl had to be seen to be giving Cousins a chance to avoid legal dramas...(all police charges were dropped and Cousins has never tested positive for drugs). We do not know how serious ben actually is about playing again. he hasnt even nominated himself yet? WHY?

If he doesnt get a gig, it may well help him in a legal suit against the afl, and that could be the goal..

Ricky nixon didnt even know if Cousins really wants to play...if his interview this morning can be taken seriously.

There just has to be more to this. The board would have known that BC could have been possibly the bargain of the century, and thus surely worth a risk....

As I write Archie is talikng the youth policy line. If that is the true reason then that I think is a BIG mistake. BC is not too old by a long shot. Could go five years...or at least as long as any new recruit. Harvey was not the only one...just look at other elite athletes in various ocodessyt
Last edited by davidgrantfan on Tue 25 Nov 2008 9:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

That's it, now start turning on the players.
Any right minded player will now everything has been taken into account and not just driven by sponsors or the coach or any other minority.
We came, we saw, we kept walking, the right thing to do!

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
saint66au wrote:You know whats funny??

As you read through the last 3-4 pages..you can feel the mood lightening with every post

By tomorrow morning I reckon we will move on :-)
I'm mighty disappointed too and have said so on this thread. I don't take any of it back..... but then I did look down at the thread on the tragic passing of X Clarke Snr and it did put this issue into a bit of perspective.
Very well said and spot on :x

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
Richter wrote:this prick teasing exercise by the club reeks of one thing above all.......

LACK OF LEADERSHIP.
NO, we did not! We said we were interested and did our homwork.

If someone can show me where the club made a concrete commitment to recruit him, I'll retract and apologise.

It would appear that going by the number of BC threads recently, the supporters convinced themselves and sent out the wrong message to themselves.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Archie's giving the old "looking towards youth" bull.

I can assume Carrol is all but ruled out also then.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:Archie's giving the old "looking towards youth" bull.

would truely be something if they recruit him if he says that they are looking to the future!

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

archie. giving us nothing. How surprising. I dont want to see all thbe research, but I want a viable reason.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Archie - unanimous decision

No one reason (keeping trap shut)

Looking down the track - no right fit

Well and truly thought it through.

Club and supporters can be comfortable with the decision.

Now parrotting Demetriou.

Very good - move on. Nothing to see here 8-)

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SaintBot wrote:Archie's giving the old "looking towards youth" bull.

Betcha' he ain't! After hearing Archie, I think I want to vomit!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Can anyone tell us what the great man manager's take was on this?

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

To all those threatening to rip up your memberships, you sound like Richmond supporters after a bad loss.

Wont you look stupid if we make the finals next year in a good position without the help of BC and you can't get tickets.

Good to see JB chill out a bit, enjoyed your second post, don't agree with everything, but it was a lot more logical and had good ponts.

But as someone, and I said earlier, why do we worship the individual, why do we think an individual will win us a premiership.

Hell we all thought Lockett would win us one, or Barks, even this year we were hoping they'd do it for Harvey.

One player does not win a premiership, a team does.

I for one would fully support the board if they returned all the individual trophies at Moorabbin to the individuals and just left the team trphies in the trophy case.

There are probably numerous reasons why they made their decision not to take BC. More than likely the risks far out weighed the benefits.

As I said previously, if BC came, relapsed and it was found he had dragged a couple of our up coming players into that seedy world, it would be a disaster the club may never recover from.

markp
Saintsational Legend

My feeling is that we needed to pull a rabbit out of the hat to seriously challenge next year... and this could've been it.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Can anyone tell us what the great man manager's take was on this?
His belief cloud was farting at thunder over it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Baldock Rules
Club Player

saint patrick wrote:I was excited by the possibilities as anyone but if the club has done this much due diligence there must be a damn good reason they passed when they were in the boxed seat.....

If he was half a prospect going on the evidence all things considered the club would have taken a punt:roll:
My sentiments exactly Pat.They looked into it extensively and the facts determined the decision.

Happy that Ross the board including Thommo and Burkey had their reasons.

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.
GrumpyOne

Richter wrote:One other thought, I wonder how the players are feeling?

I imagine that the likes of Nick Riewoldt, NDS are feeling a bit overlooked.

this prick teasing exercise by the club reeks of one thing above all.......

LACK OF LEADERSHIP

I heard Sheedy on SEN - he would have taken on BC, and would have told the board how it was.........
And that is why he is not coaching now.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

LACK OF LEADERSHIP.
NO, we did not! We said we were interested and did our homwork.

If someone can show me where the club made a concrete commitment to recruit him, I'll retract and apologise.

It would appear that going by the number of BC threads recently, the supporters convinced themselves and sent out the wrong message to themselves.
Zachary.

And they prematurely evaluated all over his Number 9 jumper.

BC never had one ounce of RWB in his veins, and still doesn't, so why the tossing about it? He's as much a Saint as he is a Pie, Blue, Bomber or Eagle. He was never "ours".

Time to dig up some old threads and see who now does back flips...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote: Good to see JB chill out a bit, enjoyed your second post, don't agree with everything, but it was a lot more logical and had good ponts.
Nah - good time to get some barbs in with emotions running high. :wink:

I actually think the admin have gone OK - except for the $125 extortion of L2 members.

Lance or James??

Batnoe

am dissapointed but am over it

we could get a Hislop, or another young kid that shows promise, i would imagine they will try and get a tough player that wont disturb the group

i am sure the board has done the right thing, they did by saying they were interested and doing their due dilligence