ROSS DIDN'T DECEIVE US

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
We're all entitled to our opinions. Mine is that the young core that Buttersssss/GT built was always going to play in Grand Finals and was always going to peak from about 2007 onwards.

It now seems that history will show that this talented core will never taste premiership glory be it through bad luck, bad management or whatever. In footballing terms that is a tragedy IMO.
What about the core that Ross has built to take over from them....how will they fare......
:roll: He did very little to develop a list, did he.

More debuts than anyone except GCFC this season.
Yes he rotated a few through the team....weren't many at the end, he'd reverted back to type turned out to be nothing more than tokenism.......the Slithering Lyin Snake...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
We're all entitled to our opinions. Mine is that the young core that Buttersssss/GT built was always going to play in Grand Finals and was always going to peak from about 2007 onwards.

It now seems that history will show that this talented core will never taste premiership glory be it through bad luck, bad management or whatever. In footballing terms that is a tragedy IMO.
What about the core that Ross has built to take over from them....how will they fare......
Only because his hand was forced IMO and his heart clearly wasn't in sticking around for a proper rebuild. He's left the list in far worse shape than he found it. I don't think that is in dispute.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sat 24 Sep 2011 8:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
degruch wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

Only because his hand was forced IMO and his heart clearly wasn't in sticking around for a proper prebuild. He's left the list in far worse shape than he found it. I don't think that is in dispute.
I'm not a fan of the way he left, or that he is a lying prick, but other than slow match day reactions this season, didn't have much of an issue with his coaching. In regard to leaving the list in worse shape than he got it, time will tell whether the guys that have been recruited during his tenure actually produce the goods...so from that perspective, it is in dispute.

I'd take it, hiring a list manager like Pelchen was less than a vote of confidence from the club...but that is still conjecture.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote: I'd take it, hiring a list manager like Pelchen was less than a vote of confidence from the club...but that is still conjecture.
I think you've read that correctly and the club was right to have no confidence in his ability to rebuild a list.

His track record suggests that he is a poor to average developer of young players.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sat 24 Sep 2011 9:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoTheTorp
Club Player

move on..

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I blame Freo. It was a calculated decision based on paying us back for taking gavin mitchell and craig callaghan.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

GoTheTorp wrote:move on..
Lyin has gone so we will....for the better...apparently....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.