Grand Final Tickets

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Spelly wrote:I can blame the Club! When they introduced the Foundation Social Club Member thingy, we were told that it would guarantee us a seat at the Grand Final. The number was originally capped ... this year they decided to make more money and extend the offer to 'September Saints'.
The original number of Foundation Social Club Members was, I believe, 8,500 ... therefore if that system had been kept for this year, they would be there at the Grand Final next Saturday.
Are you sure that the Foundation Members were guaranteed a SEAT and not a TICKET?

I would find it amazing that the Club can make that sort of guarantee

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
undecided
Club Player

So foundation, gold, silver and diamond mean nothing

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Sunday Red wrote:
Spelly wrote:I can blame the Club! When they introduced the Foundation Social Club Member thingy, we were told that it would guarantee us a seat at the Grand Final. The number was originally capped ... this year they decided to make more money and extend the offer to 'September Saints'.
The original number of Foundation Social Club Members was, I believe, 8,500 ... therefore if that system had been kept for this year, they would be there at the Grand Final next Saturday.
Are you an idiot?

Social Club members are given PRIORITY over September Saints. The latter was only introduced in the case that SC members did not take up their ticketing entitlements. As many people have said throughout the week, no SS will be given a seat ahead of SC!
Are you an idiot Sunday Red, seems so!

The original cap was 8,500!

Which bit didn't you get?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Just checked Online and no money deducted for Sept saint, guessing thats that:(

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Spelly
Club Player

Are you an idiot?

Social Club members are given PRIORITY over September Saints. The latter was only introduced in the case that SC members did not take up their ticketing entitlements. As many people have said throughout the week, no SS will be given a seat ahead of SC!
No, I'm not an idiot!!! Seat and 8,500 was the key to what my post was about! There are Foundation Social Club Members that have been allocated standing room ... that was the point I was making idiot!!!
Last edited by Spelly on Sun 20 Sep 2009 5:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Are you sure that the Foundation Members were guaranteed a SEAT and not a TICKET?

The original guarantee for foundation social club status was for a SEAT, given that the club always received at least this number ( 8,500 ) of seats.

The current board changed the goal posts!

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

The original guarantee for foundation social club status was for a SEAT, given that the club always received at least this number ( 8,500 ) of seats.

That was my recollection also, however am unable to find old documents to that effect...

saints4ever
Club Player

ticketek are still telling people their seats if you call and get the right person. My brother just called then - he and his family are standing... :( Hope my young neice gets to see the game!

Any hints from those who usually choose to stand anyway? best place to stand? other hints for kids standing? (actually do you get to choose where to stand - or are you allocated a particular section?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

My memory of the 8,500 Foundation SC Members being guaranteed a SEAT is the same as that of spelly & barks4eva. Is there anyone out there who can PROVE otherwise? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I hate too say it, but I'm happy the AFL decided to evenly distribute the miserly amount of tickets to the public instead by membership level.
Thought that really sucked, especially with interstate clubs whose many members would not be able too afford a ticket plus travel and accomodation costs.
Also good too see AFL reserve going too club supporters first, because it is the supporters that give the game the atmosphere, not the corporates.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

The original guarantee for foundation social club was for a SEAT, given that the club always received at least this number ( 8,500 ) of seats.

Santa
Club Player

Thanks ausfatcat and gabba for help last night.

Got prime tickets..very happy.

I have to say the confusion about the standing room tickets sux. I'm able to stand, but people I'm taking can't. We were never told that we had less chance by selecting 'no standing' In fact, I think it sux that we all run the risk of having to pay for a premium seat when we only want a standard seat.

Realise this isnt the clubs fault....but will need to give them this feedback for future years. (Given we should go back-to-back).

I feel for members who have been caught out because of the confusion

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saints4ever wrote:
other hints for kids standing?
Bring some form of folding stool.... to get their head up high enough.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 20 Sep 2009 7:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Just found a letter from my 05 membership...
"Foundation Members were introduced in 2003/4, as reward for continuity of Membership they receive guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final ticket (one per membership) should St Kilda be a pariticipating club. (it is not possible to join this group - intake closed)"
So it was a ticket only, not a guaranteed seat.
Last edited by Iceman234 on Sun 20 Sep 2009 5:45pm, edited 2 times in total.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

That was my recollection also, however am unable to find old documents to that effect...
Fair enough, I wasn't aware that it was a SEAT

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Just found a letter from my 05 membership...
"Foundation Members were introduced in 2003/4, as reward for continuity of Membership they receive guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final ticket (one per membership) should St Kilda be a pariticipating club. (it is not possible to join this group - intake closed)"
Ok, but the fact is the competing clubs always get allocated more than 8,500 seats in their allotment, so this translated meant a guaranteed seat!

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Ok, but the fact is the competing clubs always get allocated more than 8,500 seats in their allotment, so this translated meant a guaranteed seat!
Correct.

And I agree re the original Foundation SC members receiving priority.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

The original guarantee for foundation social club was for a SEAT, given that the club always received at least this number ( 8,500 ) of seats.
Well that is mighty different to being offered a guaranteed ticket.

I agree - what is the use in having Foundation Members or Gold and Silver SC membership if it has been regneged upon.

pretty piss poor.

I accept my chances at a standing room as I am NOT a Foundation Member - actually my chances on NOT getting a standing room were significantly increased.

Instead of a n 8% chance - if 8500 Foundation Members had received seats their would have only been about 1300 seats for other SC members meaning my chance would have been about 65% getting a standing room.

Seems pretty poor not to honour a guarantee from the previous Admin by Westaway.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

If no money has been deducted from Sept saint yet, does that mean i have missed out

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Ahh - didn't see this.

Back to my original position :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saint05
Club Player

How do people know where there seating...???

Strength through Loyality!
Bails
Club Player

There are only about 3500 Foundation members thats why they never ran with there policy about Foundation members getting priority over Social Club. But they should have enforced that policy once the social club numbers grew.
Being only around 3500 we were guaranteed a SEAT as the club would get more than 3500 seats.
Its disappointing that people who joined social club in June this year get better seats than foundation members or worse foundation members get standing room. The club wants us to be loyal and renew our membership each year. The club should do they same to us.
When you contact the club they fob you off.

Anyway GO SAINTS!!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bails wrote:There are only about 3500 Foundation members thats why they never ran with there policy about Foundation members getting priority over Social Club. But they should have enforced that policy once the social club numbers grew.
Being only around 3500 we were guaranteed a SEAT as the club would get more than 3500 seats.
Its disappointing that people who joined social club in June this year get better seats than foundation members or worse foundation members get standing room. The club wants us to be loyal and renew our membership each year. The club should do they same to us.
When you contact the club they fob you off.

Anyway GO SAINTS!!
I am pretty sure if you look further up from this post, that you were guaranteed a TICKET and not a SEAT.

But, I agree that Foundation Members that have standing room tickets feel ripped off, for the mere fact that they have been Social Club Members for a long period.

I am just throwing this out, but would it make a difference if you have previously purchased tickets to an event with both ticketmaster and ticketek???

I was just wondering about their so called "random" selection???

I have been registered with both for years and ended up with row A on the Forward Pocket....

Just wondering :?:

undecided
Club Player

Foundation should have priority, simples. Not like me who is foundation and has standing.

The Bug
Club Player

Saint05 wrote:How do people know where there seating...???
call ticketek, i rang them earlier today, so they may have told the operators to stop telling people now.

but its worth a try, just need your cc.