Has anyone heard any rumours regarding an investigation into

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Has anyone heard any rumours regarding an investigation

Mackaysaint wrote:Thread bumped due to recent inuendo from Dean Robinson about Collingwood.

Enough water has passed under the bridge to state this overtly now, but I was privy to a very strong rumour which I first heard in December 2010 that Collingwood had used PEDs specifically human growth hormone during that season where we drew in the GF. I came here in Jan 2011 asking if anyone had heard any rumours and none confirmed what I heard. Many asked what the rumour was and I PM'd several people but that is as far as I could take it because I had no proof. I cannot divulge the source as he still works in the football industry but he rarely makes accusations and when he does they are spot on.

Recently The Weapon makes a statement and merely as an incidental bit of info he states this very same rumour - that Collingwood used hGH prior to 2011.

I still can't take it any further as I still don't have proof but it irks me somewhat that we may have lost the GF to cheats
It's why Big Ed's disingenuousness on the issue just makes you suspicious. He didn't say, "Yeah, yeah, those rumours have been circulating for years and they're absolutely baseless and borne of envy." He pretended he'd never heard of such a thing.

kimberly saint
Club Player

Mackaysaint wrote:Thread bumped due to recent inuendo from Dean Robinson about Collingwood.

Enough water has passed under the bridge to state this overtly now, but I was privy to a very strong rumour which I first heard in December 2010 that Collingwood had used PEDs specifically human growth hormone during that season where we drew in the GF. I came here in Jan 2011 asking if anyone had heard any rumours and none confirmed what I heard. Many asked what the rumour was and I PM'd several people but that is as far as I could take it because I had no proof. I cannot divulge the source as he still works in the football industry but he rarely makes accusations and when he does they are spot on.

Recently The Weapon makes a statement and merely as an incidental bit of info he states this very same rumour - that Collingwood used hGH prior to 2011.

I still can't take it any further as I still don't have proof but it irks me somewhat that we may have lost the GF to cheats
it still eats away at me as to how fresh they appeared to of came out that next week , but i may be just another sad saints supporter clutching at straws

matrix
Saintsational Legend

For sure IMO.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Well I guess it all worked out for the best the cheats won and the only one who is sent to the bottom of the ladder with drug investigations is us. We are cursed.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I knew someone who worked at a major daily newspaper at the time. This had definitely been on the agenda within the newspaper at the time, had spread through the office like wild fire, and my source was confident it would find its way into print, but needed to be legalled first. Then suddenly, it just disappeared. I vaguely recall Mark Robinson bringing it up on radio ( players with HGH levels at the very upper limits) and once again, it just disappeared.