Match Thread Saints v Suns Round 10 2020

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match Thread Saints v Suns Round 10 2020

1965 Saint wrote: Fri 07 Aug 2020 1:11am Did anyone else notice that Zac Jones was repeatedly tackled tonight before he took possession. Umpires just allowed it. It was primarily that issue that cost us dearly in the clearances
Yes looked like he wore a hard tag all night

We definitely need more midfield depth - both outside and inside

If either Steele or Jones go down then we likely struggle with Dunstan and Hanners out as well

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Munga
Saintsational Legend

1965 Saint wrote: Fri 07 Aug 2020 1:11am Did anyone else notice that Zac Jones was repeatedly tackled tonight before he took possession. Umpires just allowed it. It was primarily that issue that cost us dearly in the clearances
Yeah he needs to start throwing his arms out to make it more obvious for the blind umps. But he's a too honest footballer and doesn't worry about that stuff.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
ace
Saintsational Legend

Kate wrote: Thu 06 Aug 2020 9:16pm That camera angle is awful.
Agreed the camera too high.
It must be mounted on a crane above some grandstand.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

johnearljames wrote: Thu 06 Aug 2020 11:36pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 06 Aug 2020 11:35pm
johnearljames wrote: Thu 06 Aug 2020 11:32pm Max King deliberately kicked it on the full. Guaranteed.
Why?

How do you guarantee it?
Because he is a smart footballer. Much easier to get a quick goal from a kick in and Max knew he couldn't kick it. Probably planned so they could set up and defend better. Its a tactic used by teams. Its not the 1980's anymore Joffa.
So this smart footballer decided to deliberately kick the ball out on the full handing over control of the ball to the opposition to give them what ever minute chance to race it down and score.

His options would have been retention by chipping it to another free Saint to run down the clock or to kick a goal which puts the game beyond doubt.

I was at the game, The Saints had already set up for a behind so there wasn’t any solid safe chip it to options so he took the shot.

Do you even understand what the word guarantee means?
Because you write guarantee after you make up your bulls*** doesn’t make it true or add weight to your fabrication.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

johnearljames wrote: Thu 06 Aug 2020 11:32pm Max King deliberately kicked it on the full. Guaranteed.

This bloke has been banned more times than I’ve had hot dinners don’t get sucked in people

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

What do we think about the babble that passed for commentary and Brucey's barracking for GC. (Not trying to lead the witness m'lud, just a question).

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

And a friend of my sons $1,000 He had a 17 leg multi - the only leg that did not get up - Jones to get 15 - he got 13.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 07 Aug 2020 9:44am What do we think about the babble that passed for commentary and Brucey's barracking for GC. (Not trying to lead the witness m'lud, just a question).
LOL - My learned colleague has forgotten about Mr. Brayshaw who was not far behind in the level of Fawnication.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Peanut Farm
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote: Fri 07 Aug 2020 12:04am The tall forwards Membrey, King, Marshall and sometime Ryder were pretty bad when playing forward tonight. Not sure what has happened with Membrey and again we got the dud brother in King and Phillips
I thought Phillips was very good, especially that spoil on King which would have been a certain mark and goal - GC had all the momentum then & it was a crucial play.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 07 Aug 2020 9:44am What do we think about the babble that passed for commentary and Brucey's barracking for GC. (Not trying to lead the witness m'lud, just a question).
It probably was a bit over the top but we kept coming back so we snuffed it out somewhat.

The commentary is just awful. It’s very cheesy and naff (like the whole channel). Foxtel’s better commentators and analysis is vastly superior, but I think it’s a different market.

Still, I’m surprised that 7 continues to dish out this rubbish year after year.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
ace
Saintsational Legend

I wanted to watch it on Foxtel 504 but my Foxtel service failed last night - no signal
Still no working this morning.
I hope the evil Dan will let them out to fix it some time this year.

Could not stand Bruce Nobrainy's barracking for GC.
I was tempted to watch it on the small screen via Foxtel Go.
I might have to do that on Monday night as the Geelong game at 6PM is not on Ch7.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Fri 07 Aug 2020 10:47am
I wanted to watch it on Foxtel 504 but my Foxtel service failed last night - no signal
Still no working this morning.
I hope the evil Dan will let them out to fix it some time this year.

Could not stand Bruce Nobrainy's barracking for GC.
I was tempted to watch it on the small screen via Foxtel Go.
I might have to do that on Monday night as the Geelong game at 6PM is not on Ch7.
My dear Ace - it would have benefitted you naught - Foxtel takes Seven's feed (and thus the commentary)

― Aristophanes

asiu
Saintsational Legend

bruce does my HEAD IN

then there’s that other box head
the roaming baboon
with , usually , Mr I’m Redeemed keeping the peace
in the middle

(by upping bruce’s man quota)

like ...HELLO .. how to drive people away from the footy !!

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

f****** annoying and bloody disgraceful imhfo.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Fri 07 Aug 2020 11:26am bruce does my HEAD IN

then there’s that other box head
the roaming baboon
with , usually , Mr I’m Redeemed keeping the peace
in the middle

(by upping bruce’s man quota)

like ...HELLO .. how to drive people away from the footy !!
I have a little button on my remote. I use it live, but not on replays of wins (don't watch loses).

asiu
Saintsational Legend

usually , struggle for a Saints game in Qld
on the telly

i get to watch the replay 24 hours later
via the sisters foxtel at the shack

if bruce ‘n boxhead are the price
for the Saints being a marketable winning product
... oh well

grit teeth ‘n cope i suppose

but really

cringe ministers , both of em.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
johnearljames
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 07 Aug 2020 8:36am
Why?

How do you guarantee it?
Because he is a smart footballer. Much easier to get a quick goal from a kick in and Max knew he couldn't kick it. Probably planned so they could set up and defend better. Its a tactic used by teams. Its not the 1980's anymore Joffa.
So this smart footballer decided to deliberately kick the ball out on the full handing over control of the ball to the opposition to give them what ever minute chance to race it down and score.

His options would have been retention by chipping it to another free Saint to run down the clock or to kick a goal which puts the game beyond doubt.

I was at the game, The Saints had already set up for a behind so there wasn’t any solid safe chip it to options so he took the shot.

Because you write guarantee after you make up your bulls*** doesn’t make it true or add weight to your fabrication.
As I said. All part of the plan. Its 2020, not 1985.

Very smart by Max King. Gun kid.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

johnearljames wrote: Fri 07 Aug 2020 4:12pm
Why?

How do you guarantee it?

As you said :lol: :lol: :lol:

All part of the plan?

So the plan was for Max King to kick it out on the full, you guarantee it!
Well that must make it right!

If that was the plan, why did the Saints set up for a point when Max was taking his shot?
Why didn't they set up for an out of bounds down the line?

I was at the game watching their set ups all night, I wasn't sitting at home like an obese couch potato swilling 2 X six packs of beer and a giant bag of healthy Aldi pretzels.

Again I ask: Why didn't they set up for an out of bounds down the line if that was the plan, why did they set up for a behind? Pretty sure CQ & St Byron were there, interested to get your opinions on how we set up for the King shot?

You write guarantee like people on here take you seriously or you have some imagined internet credibility.
We are just supporters on here who like to discuss the footy, stop pretending you have inside knowledge and acting like a dick & you might last more than a fortnight before you are again banned.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
johnearljames
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 07 Aug 2020 4:25pm
Why?

How do you guarantee it?

All part of the plan?

If that was the plan, why did the Saints set up for a point when Max was taking his shot?

I was at the game watching their set ups all night, I wasn't sitting at home like an obese couch potato swilling 2 X six packs of beer and a giant bag of healthy Aldi pretzels.

Again I ask: Why didn't they set up for an out of bounds down the line if that was the plan, why did they set up for a behind? Pretty sure CQ & St Byron were there, interested to get your opinions on how we set up for the King shot?

You write guarantee like people on here take you seriously or you have some imagined internet credibility.
We are just supporters on here who like to discuss the footy, stop pretending you have inside knowledge and acting like a dick & you might last more than a fortnight before you are again banned.
Lots of effort and paragraphs for not much. No idea what you are on about with half this stuff.
Oom om
Anyway, your opinion. I have mine. Its a genuine tactic used by clubs. Spoke in a bit of detail about it to an assistant coach one day. They have other odd and not well known tactics. Plus they may also set up for a behind just in case the player switched from the pocket which is very unlikely but still a possibility.

With the 30 seconds left or whatever it was, a kick out from a set pocket is much easier to defend than a FB kickout when they can play on and have the centre corridor to utilise. That is just plain fact.

Think outside the box. Don't like an opinion, then deal with it in an adult manner. Thank you.
Last edited by johnearljames on Fri 07 Aug 2020 4:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

johnearljames wrote: Fri 07 Aug 2020 4:33pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 07 Aug 2020 4:25pm
Why?

How do you guarantee it?

All part of the plan?

Lots of effort and paragraphs for not much. No idea what you are on about with half this stuff.

Anyway, your opinion. I have mine. Its a genuine tactic used by clubs. Spoke in a bit of detail about it to an assistant coach one day. They have other odd and not well known tactics.
Time for the red glow to return :lol:

One question: Why didn't they set up for an out of bounds down the line if that was the plan, why did they set up for a behind?

Answer the one simple question!

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Boring

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
takeaway
Club Player

What did the experienced finals campaigner Brad Hill say to King as he was walking back for his shot? If you enhance it, and can lip read, it seems like he was saying - "Kick it Out!!!" Wow. You never know. Very vital stuff.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Fri 07 Aug 2020 4:45pm What did the experienced finals campaigner Brad Hill say to King as he was walking back for his shot? If you enhance it, and can lip read, it seems like he was saying - "Kick it Out!!!" Wow. You never know. Very vital stuff.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

So Hill instructed King to kick it out on the full and give the ball back to the opposition with 26 seconds on the clock while his team mates were all setting up for a behind.

Yep, makes sense :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post the footage of Hill saying that to King for us wont you?

takeaway
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 07 Aug 2020 4:57pm
takeaway wrote: Fri 07 Aug 2020 4:45pm What did the experienced finals campaigner Brad Hill say to King as he was walking back for his shot? If you enhance it, and can lip read, it seems like he was saying - "Kick it Out!!!" Wow. You never know. Very vital stuff.

So Hill instructed King to kick it out on the full and give the ball back to the opposition with 26 seconds on the clock while his team mates were all setting up for a behind.

Looking at it further, in addition it looks like that other experienced finals player, Dan Butler, who was in the pack when King took the mark, said OUT!!!! when speaking to King! Butler & Hill should have told the other Saints.
No good posting the video, you can check yourself, also you'd need a digital-adaptive enhancement processor.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Fri 07 Aug 2020 5:15pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 07 Aug 2020 4:57pm

Looking at it further, in addition it looks like that other experienced finals player, Dan Butler, who was in the pack when King took the mark, said OUT!!!! when speaking to King! Butler & Hill should have told the other Saints.
No good posting the video, you can check yourself, also you'd need a digital-adaptive enhancement processor.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.