New Answers fromFootyFirst/Board Challenge Updates

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JeffDunne

saintsRrising wrote:The AFL would not be deciding...merely seeing whether their plan is credible.
If they take up this 'offer' (political stunt would be a better word) then they would be deciding.
The AFL has reviewed other clubs...if not all clubs....so why not????
Do you think Eddie or Richard Pratt ask the AFL before they put plans in place?

Confirms what I've thought about Rod for a long time, the club is run to suit the AFL and not what's best for St Kilda.

His excuse for the type of sponsors we go after was typical of his double-speak and distortion of the facts. The question on Vodafone highlighted perfectly how full of it he really is.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

geeeewiz some ppl jump at shadows
where did RB say let the AFL decide ?
he said he urged them to consult the afl and get their tick of aproval for what they had planed

to me that was so the SFF team can find out if their proposed plan to take the club forward is going to have the support of the AFL .as much as ppl on here seem to think the AFL has got it in for us they ultimatly dont want another club to go down the gurgler and have to bail them out if it hits the fan so getting the ok from the afl should be a priority

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:geeeewiz some ppl jump at shadows
he said he urged them to consult the afl and get their tick of aproval for what they had planed

to me that was so the SFF team can find out if their proposed plan to take the club forward is going to have the support of the AFL .as much as ppl on here seem to think the AFL has got it in for us they ultimatly dont want another club to go down the gurgler and have to bail them out if it hits the fan so getting the ok from the afl should be a priority
Yes JD is blinded by his hatred of RB.

I think it is a very valid point for the AFL to see if their plan stacks up.

At presnt all we really have from FF is that trust me...we will earn more $$$ and spend more $$ with no basis for actually doin so apart from good intentions.

We the MEMBERs will still be the one that decide.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
kaos theory
Club Player

Confirms what I've thought about Rod for a long time, the club is run to suit the AFL and not what's best for St Kilda.

His excuse for the type of sponsors we go after was typical of his double-speak and distortion of the facts. The question on Vodafone highlighted perfectly how full of it he really is.
I have to agree JD....

Also, someone tell me who evaluated RB & his board when they took over??? All they had was a vauge vision on what to do with the club. They did NOT have a detailed plan. That takes time to develop. This is purely a ploy by butters...

krabb
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:Personally (and I admit my bias here) but I think this press conference did the incumbents more harm than good.

No substance once again.

SFF might not have proven much yet either, but geez I'm sick of Butterss and his corporate double speak.

What's your future plan? "Our performance is on public record." How about answering the question, because I'm damn sure SFF are going to come up with a plan before the EGM. Rod better get his corporate double speaking AFL licking arse into gear.
Agree....

I listened into butt*rse's big press conference but remain bored to tears with his weak and repetitive responses...he talks the talk but fails to inspire me...

I disliked his comments about sponsors...sponsors are the lifeblood of clubs and we should be getting plenty of them and keeping them...too many jump ship from our club...it seems like they cant wait to get out of there.

Butterss is a spin doctor...he believes nobody can do better than him...he remains amazed that someone 'anyone' might have a different plan for the Club...

We can do better...we should demand better...its time for him to bugger off.

kaos theory
Club Player

I think it is a very valid point for the AFL to see if their plan stacks up
No its not SR, see my post above as to why.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
JD..I don't know what you do for a crust...but I have been involved professionally with sponsorships for two decades....and this is the way the sponosrship world works.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:

I have to agree JD....

Also, someone tell me who evaluated RB & his board when they took over??? All they had was a vauge vision on what to do with the club. They did NOT have a detailed plan. That takes time to develop. This is purely a ploy by butters...
i think you will find all presidents when implementing plans would have some consulting with the AFL the differance is with eddie he will go ahead and do it even if the AFL say no

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Brewer
Club Player

Butterss will be on SEN at about 11.30

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
JeffDunne

He said if the AFL think the 'rebels' :roll: have a better plan then him and the board will step aside and they should be prepared to do the same if the reverse is true.

If that's not letting the AFL decide then you are kidding yourself.

Rod is clearly scared of the membership and it's a f***ing disgrace he's trying to suggest the AFL should decide.

Brewer
Club Player

What was the quote I heard on Vega news a minute ago, about Rod offering to step down if (something something something)?

Was it if the AFL approves of the new ticket he'll step aside?!

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Brewer wrote:What was the quote I heard on Vega news a minute ago, about Rod offering to step down if (something something something)?

Was it if the AFL approves of the new ticket he'll step aside?!
the current Board have invited Ff to submit a detailed business plan to it....and is treating the FF as makinga takeover.

This is basically following Corporate law....and the current Board is duty bound to actually then recommend to the members if the new plan is superior.

ie with companies Boards MUST act in the best interest of their shareholders (which in this case is us the Members) at all times.

Brewer
Club Player

So if the new ticket is superior Rod is gawn?

How soon?

November EGM no longer relevant?

JeffDunne

I laughed too at Rod's suggestion they were thinking of taking legal action against the 'rebels' :roll: for their suggestion that drugs and alcohol be banned from club meetings.

Anyone want to bet he doesn't? I think we've heard that line many times before too.

Nice why of avoiding the first question put to him by Caro.

How hard would it be to answer a question if any of the current board have taken illicit drugs while a director at St Kilda if the answer is "no"?

LOL, happy to take bets Rod doesn't follow through with that threat.

JeffDunne

saintsRrising wrote:the current Board have invited Ff to submit a detailed business plan to it....and is treating the FF as makinga takeover.

This is basically following Corporate law....and the current Board is duty bound to actually then recommend to the members if the new plan is superior.

ie with companies Boards MUST act in the best interest of their shareholders (which in this case is us the Members) at all times.
What a crock.

Takeover?

Seriously. :roll:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
He said if the AFL think the 'rebels' :roll: have a better plan then him and the board will step aside and they should be prepared to do the same if the reverse is true.

Rod is clearly scared of the membership and it's a f***ing disgrace he's trying to suggest the AFL should decide.
open your other eye
the board are duty bound to step aside if the challange offers a better alternative the "rebels" are not, so where would the afl make the choice if the afl say RB is the way to go the SFF will still go forward with their challenge and the member will still decide

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I laughed too at Rod's suggestion they were thinking of taking legal action against the 'rebels' :roll: for their suggestion that drugs and alcohol be banned from club meetings.

Anyone want to bet he doesn't? I think we've heard that line many times before too.
Of course he wont.

Just reinforces in peoples minds that the FFs are mudslingers and are playing dirty pool right from the go-get.

Another political move.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
JeffDunne

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:

open your other eye
the board are duty bound to step aside if the challange offers a better alternative the "rebels" are not, so where would the afl make the choice if the afl say RB is the way to go the SFF will still go forward with their challenge and the member will still decide
The AFL have already endorsed RB on more than one occasion.

The board are duty bound to follow the clubs constitution, not what the AFL say. :roll:

I think too you should listen to Rods offer again. Clearly he wants an agreement from the 'rebels' :roll: that they should agree to this nonsensical plan before putting the plan to the AFL.

Hell, lets tear up the clubs constitution and sign over to the AFL. Club members are obviously to stupid to make an informed choice and the AFL clearly have the club's best interests at heart. :roll:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
[
Takeover?

:
Takeover should not be viewed as a bad word.

Yes takeover.....as what basically is proposed is for a new management to run the club and change the busniss model of the club.

What we the MEMBERs should be voting on is which model that we believe is best suited to take the club forward.

Just voting on the "personality" of RB vs Westaway who would BOTH seem to have issues would to me be a very shallow way to use your vote.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I laughed too at Rod's suggestion they were thinking of taking legal action against the 'rebels' :roll: for their suggestion that drugs and alcohol be banned from club meetings.
Somebody should tell Family first that The Beatles best work was helped with hallucigenics

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
JeffDunne

saintsRrising wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
[
Takeover?

:
Takeover should not be viewed as a bad word.

Yes takeover.....as what basically is proposed is for a new management to run the club and change the busniss model of the club.
I think you need to look up the meaning of the word. Directors don't own the club FFS.

The only "takeover" here is trying to remove the power of the people that "own" the club - and that's the members.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well how about this for a thought...

That the AFL vetting of the FF plan....allows RB a way to resign that saves face????

Provided of course that the plan stacks up.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:[
Just voting on the "personality" of RB vs Westaway who would BOTH seem to have issues would to me be a very shallow way to use your vote.
thats what im worried about how many members are set in the hatred for RB that its clouding their judgment ??
lets make the right choice not the popular choice .. and i think the RB haterd is going to be the downfall of the club it doesnt matter what RB say or does or puts forth the best plan ever some ppl will still hang him out cause they dont like his hair style/girlfriend/lifestyle...

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Q from KB re GT. Said the spat hurt and could have done it better !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re Moorabbin: Desire to stay and improve. Said we have a 34 yr lease. Said the difference with AF's comments was designed to put pressure on Council !!