Carlisle ban?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle ban?

Bluthy and Plugger, please leave the personal commentary and bickering with/about about other poster's out of it. Please stay with commenting on the topic.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
8856brother wrote: Agree we need to be careful about how we communicate with Jake, but the club will sort it out. I've got no doubt. Jake will get all the attention he needs, both physically and mentally.

Jake will be a good player for us Bluthy. Just try to be positive about it. I know you're not a big fan. Let's see how Jake is going in 3-4 years time when hopefully we are contending and we can judge him, the club and Richo's decision with a bit more clarity.
I'm neither a fan nor not a fan of Jake - haven't seen enough of him to really judge. And what I'm talking about here with respecting fans with the truth has nothing to do with how Jake goes in the future or if it was a good trade or not. Is "trying to be positive" your thing 8856? Do you keep a gratitude journal? Do you watch Oprah and are trying to manifest abundance in your destiny? Best of luck with that. I'm neither positive or negative. Things are as they are and there is no point denying it.

You cared about photo at the tennis. I think anyone can guess what side you are on.
Wow what a deeply insecure person you are - you need this to have sides as everything is always black and white to you. And of course you are on the Mr super loyal go Jake go side. There are no sides. It was a bit of a light-hearted jape when I checked up to see if Jake had communicated to the world after his suspension. Try and cheer up a bit and have some fun. You seem very sullen these days. Footy isn't far away. And then you can bash our ruckmen as much as you can as per usual. Oh yes, because you are a hypocrite. You sling negativity and unfounded rumours around as much as you like but everyone else you scream PROOF and NEGATIVITY. Mr Double Standard himself. Take a bow. The floor is all yours.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote: Wow what a deeply insecure person you are - you need this to have sides as everything is always black and white to you. And of course you are on the Mr super loyal go Jake go side. There are no sides. It was a bit of a light-hearted jape when I checked up to see if Jake had communicated to the world after his suspension. Try and cheer up a bit and have some fun. You seem very sullen these days. Footy isn't far away. And then you can bash our ruckmen as much as you can as per usual. Oh yes, because you are a hypocrite. You sling negativity and unfounded rumours around as much as you like but everyone else you scream PROOF and NEGATIVITY. Mr Double Standard himself. Take a bow. The floor is all yours.
Bluthy, enough. Zero more tolerance for this bickering crap. Further posts of this sort will be deleted and draw a warning.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Article in The Age about extending Jake's contract.

Richo :

"Given the journey we are on, we've now got this bloke for one year longer on the back-end," Richardson said.

Richardson spoke of the positive impact the suspension had on the club's long-term plans, in particular St Kilda's defence of the future.

"If we were top four last year and this bloke was going to make the difference, then I reckon that's a bit tougher," he said.

"But we need him to be really strong and influential when we are really strong and influential.

"Of course he's part of the journey, but he's going to be part of the Goddard-Carlisle-Roberton-Webster defence ... long-term it doesn't change much."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z3yLMC1Gb0
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Richardson spoke of the positive impact the suspension had on the club's long-term plans, in particular St Kilda's defence of the future.
Maybe we should shove PED's down a few more of our players throats to get even more positive things happening. Yay year long suspensions!!! They're super brilliant positve.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
8856brother wrote: Agree we need to be careful about how we communicate with Jake, but the club will sort it out. I've got no doubt. Jake will get all the attention he needs, both physically and mentally.

Jake will be a good player for us Bluthy. Just try to be positive about it. I know you're not a big fan. Let's see how Jake is going in 3-4 years time when hopefully we are contending and we can judge him, the club and Richo's decision with a bit more clarity.
I'm neither a fan nor not a fan of Jake - haven't seen enough of him to really judge. And what I'm talking about here with respecting fans with the truth has nothing to do with how Jake goes in the future or if it was a good trade or not. Is "trying to be positive" your thing 8856? Do you keep a gratitude journal? Do you watch Oprah and are trying to manifest abundance in your destiny? Best of luck with that. I'm neither positive or negative. Things are as they are and there is no point denying it.
I give up with you Bluthy. Your sarcasm is too cutting and you're far too intelligent for me. Spare me your condescending garbage. Must feel wonderful knowing everything?

And now for consistency, 8856brother please also leave off the personal jibes. OK you don't agree with him/her. Fair enough. The last sentence of your post is a clear bait.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:And now for consistency, 8856brother please also leave off the personal jibes. OK you don't agree with him/her. Fair enough. The last sentence of your post is a clear bait.
And the condescending dribble wasn't. I better behave then.

8856brother wrote:
st.byron wrote:And now for consistency, 8856brother please also leave off the personal jibes. OK you don't agree with him/her. Fair enough. The last sentence of your post is a clear bait.
And the condescending dribble wasn't. I better behave then.
And it wasn't condescending to tell me to "try and be positive" and "we can't judge him until another 3 or 4 years"? REally? So we can't judge him before he's actually played for us. I never would have thought of that. You are obviously the long term, strategic thinker and little old negative me is just blowing up mindlessly. If you read what I wrote it wasn't about the trade per se but how people are trying to run this "its actually positive" promotion about Jake;s suspension which I find patronising. But just ignore what I'm actually saying and give me another little lecture on positivity and clarity.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

well i like the offseason!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Carlisle will be sensational or is that saintsational?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Maybe sexsational?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Speaking quite seriously here - does anyone know what kind of systems the club/afl have in place for Jake?
By that I mean mental and general health. We already know he has a tendency to get on the blow (and probably whatever else is going) and that he almost certainly has a bunch of dead-beat mates.
Is there anything we should be doing to see he doesnt head down a path of destruction and out of control partying?
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Wed 27 Jan 2016 9:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Speaking quite seriously here - does anyone know what kind of systems the club/afl have in place for Jake?
By that I mean mental and general health. We already know he has a tendency to get on the blow (and probably whatever else is going) and that he almost certainly has a bunch of dead-beat mates.
Is there anything we should be doing to see he doesnt hear down a path of destruction and out of control partying?
Con - can we keep on topic discussion for another thread?

In answer to your question - as Jake is banned I thought he isn't allowed any contact with the club. I assume the only other alternative is for a "friend" (who happens to know someone at the club), catch up for a coffee.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Speaking quite seriously here - does anyone know what kind of systems the club/afl have in place for Jake?
Is there anything we should be doing to see he doesnt head down a path of destruction and out of control partying?

In answer to your question - as Jake is banned I thought he isn't allowed any contact with the club. I assume the only other alternative is for a "friend" (who happens to know someone at the club), catch up for a coffee.
Isnt this the 'Carlisle ban' thread? I genuinely thought I was on topic.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Wed 27 Jan 2016 9:29pm, edited 2 times in total.

SAAD
Club Player

Did Jake get a strike for doing lines of Coke??
Can he get another strike for party drugs in this year off?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

1. yes he did get a strike for the video incident.
2. very good question.... can you get a strike under the illicit drug policy when you are serving a ped ban? I'm not sure if this has been clarified..... What is his 'status' within the AFL and is he still subject to their code?

I tend to think YES he is (he is still contracted) and as such he does still fit under the AFL code. So I think that he could get another strike for party drugs this year.

e.g. if a player is serving a regular suspension they could still get a strike.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 28 Jan 2016 2:21am, edited 5 times in total.

supersaints
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Is there anything we should be doing to see he doesnt hear down a path of destruction and out of control partying?

I believe he can have social contact with the club and players just no training or other club activities to do with playing, seems a bit strange. I think He's also banned from particiPating in other competition sports BJ mentioned the Bummers players couldn't pkwy competitive golf

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:Maybe sexsational?
More like Sinsational....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:Article in The Age about extending Jake's contract.

Richo :

"Given the journey we are on, we've now got this bloke for one year longer on the back-end," Richardson said.

"If we were top four last year and this bloke was going to make the difference, then I reckon that's a bit tougher," he said.

"But we need him to be really strong and influential when we are really strong and influential.

"Of course he's part of the journey, but he's going to be part of the Goddard-Carlisle-Roberton-Webster defence ... long-term it doesn't change much."

An extra year for someone who hasn't even played for us yet? This has got the same type of smell as the 5 year deal for Aaron Hammil.

It also looks like Lee and Delaney aren't part of the future going by that future defence listed by Richo. Also Lee wasn't part of 2015 anyway and Delaney only played a few games so it looks like the back line will be the same as last year.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

I believe he can have social contact with the club and players just no training or other club activities to do with playing, seems a bit strange. I think He's also banned from particiPating in other competition sports BJ mentioned the Bummers players couldn't pkwy competitive golf
So he could meet a club psych + fitness person once a week and they could write him a weekly program etc. Just as long as he doesnt participate in organised sport or train at the club.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
st.byron wrote:Article in The Age about extending Jake's contract.

Richo :

An extra year for someone who hasn't even played for us yet? This has got the same type of smell as the 5 year deal for Aaron Hammil.

It also looks like Lee and Delaney aren't part of the future going by that future defence listed by Richo. Also Lee wasn't part of 2015 anyway and Delaney only played a few games so it looks like the back line will be the same as last year.
I thought the exact same thing - Lee and Delaney are definitely on the outer and the coach only sees them as VFL back up players.
Geary doesnt get a mention either.

supersaints
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
supersaints wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

So he could meet a club psych + fitness person once a week and they could write him a weekly program etc. Just as long as he doesnt participate in organised sport or train at the club.
No he can have zero contact with club in regards to training and the club cannot outline a programme. He is left to his own devices outside of the club, not sure how ASADA would police that, all the banned Players can however train together this is my understanding I havnt investigated myself just what I have been told and heard on the radio

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote: An extra year for someone who hasn't even played for us yet? This has got the same type of smell as the 5 year deal for Aaron Hammil.

I thought the exact same thing - Lee and Delaney are definitely on the outer and the coach only sees them as VFL back up players.
Geary doesnt get a mention either.
Calm down. Richo just threw out 4 names of the top of his head. Lee hasn't played an AFL game in defence yet and Delaney was dropped after struggling with a hip injury to get Goddard in. Richo's tweets indicated strongly that Lee with get an AFL game pretty soon down back and maybe play a bit fwd too. So maybe they could be trying him as a swing man. And the extra year comment isn't an extension to his contract I'm pretty sure. It's just Richo saying he think's it would extend Carlisle career by an extra year - which I think is crap anyway.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

A defence based on Carlisle-Goddard-Webster-Roberton does look very very good.