Who the HELL????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who the HELL????

Superboot wrote: Sorry Joffa, on this occasion I've no idea what you are talking about.
Quite simple - twell your wife you are never supporting the Saints again, buying a membership, or posting on a Saints fan site ever again.

If you love and respect her you would do that for her.
Superboot wrote:Don't you have people asking you what the hell is wrong with your club? And what do you say to them?

The only thing people ask me is - why is you club so poor on the field. Not what is wrong with you club off it.

You see most people understand all football clubs are the same. Obviously some sad sacks cant see that.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Now Neil Mitchell is going off about the fact the players were dressed as priests and nuns, and had set up a confessional.

Grandstanding and faux moral outrage.

But yes this was hilarious

Sure Sam Gilbert found it funny.

Glad Harvs sledged Bartell, the see you next tuesday.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote:Quote from email received from the Club.:

"I sincerely apologise to Mr Johnston and have done so personally today. As a playing group we were engaged in end of season activities which in hindsight were quite childish. I made an error of judgement in including Mr Johnston in the activity".

In hindsight?!! :shock: :shock:

And the error of judgement was to include Mr Johnson??!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My wife wants to know why I continue to support the Club. What should I say to her?
My wife thinks likewise. brings up Milney of course.

Just ignore them.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Superboot
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Superboot wrote: Sorry Joffa, on this occasion I've no idea what you are talking about.
Quite simple - twell your wife you are never supporting the Saints again, buying a membership, or posting on a Saints fan site ever again.

If you love and respect her you would do that for her.
Superboot wrote:Don't you have people asking you what the hell is wrong with your club? And what do you say to them?

The only thing people ask me is - why is you club so poor on the field. Not what is wrong with you club off it.

You see most people understand all football clubs are the same. Obviously some sad sacks cant see that.
OK, but as I said above, it was a rhetorical question. Your last point here begins to address it.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

17 pages? Seriously? There must be bigger things in the world to worry about.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

SEN i was thinking exactly the same thing.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Until trade week, what else is there to talk about?

No finals for us.

Nobody delisted yet.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Until trade week, what else is there to talk about?
This works for me 8-)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79221&start=6775

matrix
Saintsational Legend

point taken
but im over the friggin dwarf thing

i mean it was funny watching bigmart do his banana and a couple of others show us their moral compasses and want jail time for the offender fire lighter but now its just mehhh

give it time
the boys will do something completely numptyish within a week of so and it'll give us something all to post about again
after all
this is st kilda

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SainterK wrote:Until trade week, what else is there to talk about?
This works for me 8-)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79221&start=6775
Did you know that peanuts don't grow on trees?

Richter
SS Life Member

Superboot wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:

"I sincerely apologise to Mr Johnston and have done so personally today. As a playing group we were engaged in end of season activities which in hindsight were quite childish. I made an error of judgement in including Mr Johnston in the activity".

And the error of judgement was to include Mr Johnson??!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My wife wants to know why I continue to support the Club. What should I say to her?
Tell her to pull her head in. Do you tell her what to think or do?
She meant it as a rhetorical question. As part of the definition on Wikipedia: "A rhetorical question does not usually require an immediate answer, but is meant to draw attention to and start a meaningful discussion on the matter".

And hence my reason for posting here.

Thanks for your advice, but if I took it she might think I was a bit thick.
From wiki...
A club is an association of two or more people united by a common interest or goal.
The common interest is in watching the Saints play football. You then remind her that people in clubs do their best to support each other through thick and thin... you could even mention to her that the motto of the Saints is "Fortius quo fidelius", which translates to... "strength through loyalty.

If she continues to seem puzzled you could make the analogy to another example of loyalty... "I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life."

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Kickit
Club Player

Apparently the Collingwood Grand Final after party with heaps of guys and only one woman never happened, a figment of imagination ( Collingwood are good at pushing that sort of thing into the background it seems ).

And while it's true that playing with fire can be silly, and there was "potential" for serious injury. Another club has actually had players die during their party times.

Perspective.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:17 pages? Seriously? There must be bigger things in the world to worry about.
Yiou're right SEN. Whats the big deal with a bit of arson and dwarf lighting and complete lack of leadership at the club dagging our brand through the mud? Now where there carpet to sweep everything under yet again? Lets get back to the key issues at the club - why aren't Watters and Ledger BFF's?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:17 pages? Seriously? There must be bigger things in the world to worry about.

No acording to markintheUSA this is a hate crime and I am a bully and support hate crimes for saying this is a beat up.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill
Or a giant out of a dwarf...

Bring back the Lockett era
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote: Yiou're right SEN. Whats the big deal with a bit of arson and dwarf lighting and complete lack of leadership at the club dagging our brand through the mud? Now where there carpet to sweep everything under yet again?
I would like to get the thoughts of our colleague "The Fireman" in regards to the wisdom of sweeping a burning dwarf under a pile of carpet!  :shock:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Not everyone's done talking...

RT “@BenWiseMelb: Stay classy... http://t.co/mAGabf5DHg

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Not everyone's done talking...

Plus I'm sure the footy show will do an interview with their little mate (which I'm sure he'll get a fee for and fair enough too). By some accounts the club was contacted directly and if they replied in a timely manner they could have made a payment and sorted this out early. And yet everyone whinges about conspiracy theories and St Kilda.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:

Tell her to pull her head in. Do you tell her what to think or do?
She meant it as a rhetorical question. As part of the definition on Wikipedia: "A rhetorical question does not usually require an immediate answer, but is meant to draw attention to and start a meaningful discussion on the matter".

And hence my reason for posting here.

Thanks for your advice, but if I took it she might think I was a bit thick.
If its meant as a rhetorical question why post it here looking for advice on how to answer it?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Stay classy is referring to ACA milking a ridiculous headline, it's not referring to us.

spert
Saintsational Legend

In the end, Jones will always be seen as an idiot on and off the field...no good for a club who struggles for respect

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:

Plus I'm sure the footy show will do an interview with their little mate (which I'm sure he'll get a fee for and fair enough too). By some accounts the club was contacted directly and if they replied in a timely manner they could have made a payment and sorted this out early. And yet everyone whinges about conspiracy theories and St Kilda.

Oh so if the club bowed to their attempt to black mail it would have been sorted?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:

Stay classy is referring to ACA milking a ridiculous headline, it's not referring to us.
Knowing ACA it will involve a "reenactment" :shock:

Stay Classy :roll:

Middo
Club Player

Say nothing give her a backhander , actions speak louder that words .. :shock: :shock:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!