Finey on SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Finey on SEN

So once again Finey said that Watters has fractured relationships with both players and other members of admin/coaching staff that makes his position untenable, and unworkable.

He says it is fact, but also refuses to name any names or sources.......

savatage
SS Life Member

Class act mark fine. Three days of saying nothing.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

These revelations are all getting very repetitive.

..........and boring.

savatage
SS Life Member

.....and destructive.

He wouldn't say James hird should stand down but with no proof, no evidence just hearsay he wants Scott watters sacked

Laughable.

When the club is back winning games of football and sexy again, we will laugh when you claim you're a loyal saints man. f***wit.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

He did mention that his comments had been a very popular topic of discussion on fan forums....

defacto
Club Player

HitTheBoundary wrote:So once again Finey said that Watters has fractured relationships with both players and other members of admin/coaching staff that makes his position untenable, and unworkable.

He says it is fact, but also refuses to name any names or sources.......
all thats missing is the standard "sources close to the club", that he constantly criticizes journos for

hypocrit

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:.....and destructive.

He wouldn't say James hird should stand down but with no proof, no evidence just hearsay he wants Scott watters sacked

Laughable.

When the club is back winning games of football and sexy again, we will laugh when you claim you're a loyal saints man. f***wit.

He may not have proof but he also may have proof. Im not sure you can say hearsay for sure. Can i say one thing though. Finey loves the saints.

savatage
SS Life Member

Well I have conflicting reports to many of the things he says and so do a few other more connected people.

He's getting his info from one particular person who is disgruntled and taking it for gospel.

Without stating any concrete facts you must admit that it's a bit rich and irresponsible of a broadcaster to rant and rave on the radio for three days in a row asking for a senior afl coach to get the sack.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:He did mention that his comments had been a very popular topic of discussion on fan forums....
Did he mention that he is a complete knob coat?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Can i say one thing though. Finey loves the saints.
He sure has a funny way of showing it

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
savatage
SS Life Member

Devilhead wrote:
I'm sure hitler liked Germany too.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Well I have conflicting reports to many of the things he says and so do a few other more connected people.

He's getting his info from one particular person who is disgruntled and taking it for gospel.

Without stating any concrete facts you must admit that it's a bit rich and irresponsible of a broadcaster to rant and rave on the radio for three days in a row asking for a senior afl coach to get the sack.

I think its good. Creates discussion and in the end it means jack. I guessing this will have no impact on the club at all. Certainly less than burning the dwarfs clothes. matter of fact has it even got a run anywhere else but on his show and on fan forums?

Maybe he loves the club that much he is coming out with this stuff so the club dont sign SW for another 2 years at the end of this year. Im certainly on that bandwagon.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:

Im sure perfectionist loves our club but he still says Steven is the worst player to pull on a saints jumper. I can only say what I hear and i have heard him say many great things about our club lately. SW coaching hasnt been one of them.

savatage
SS Life Member

If it was such an issue and these problems did exist then the club wouldn't sign him up for more years anyway.
I don't think mark fines influence actually dictates what the guys internally do at the footy club.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:If it was such an issue and these problems did exist then the club wouldn't sign him up for more anyway.
I don't think mark fines influence actually dictates what the guys internally do at the footy club.

I would 100% agree with that but people in the media have huge opinions of themselves so he may not see it that way.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
savatage wrote:Well I have conflicting reports to many of the things he says and so do a few other more connected people.

I think its good. Creates discussion and in the end it means jack. I guessing this will have no impact on the club at all. Certainly less than burning the dwarfs clothes. matter of fact has it even got a run anywhere else but on his show and on fan forums?

Maybe he loves the club that much he is coming out with this stuff so the club dont sign SW for another 2 years at the end of this year. Im certainly on that bandwagon.

It creates a negative impression and will work against people who may have been recruited to the club. If for instance Adams wanted to return to Victoria right now a stable Melbourne would look a million times better than us and it's based on an opinionated tools gripes.

Wish he was a Richmond supporter and go and help fix them or Collingwood.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Im sure perfectionist loves our club but he still says Steven is the worst player to pull on a saints jumper. I can only say what I hear and i have heard him say many great things about our club lately. SW coaching hasnt been one of them.

He has always bagged us even when we were relatively successful. He has always got good rating when bagging us and just from this just about everyone will have tuned into his show in the last 3 days and his replays will have massive hits. He will be getting a great response from his superiors who will be wanting it to keep going.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

He has always bagged us even when we were relatively successful. He has always got good rating when bagging us and just from this just about everyone will have tuned into his show in the last 3 days and his replays will have massive hits. He will be getting a great response from his superiors who will be wanting it to keep going.
How would you know bagging us gets more rating and why would it get more rating? It makes no sense at all.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
How would you know bagging us gets more rating and why would it get more rating? It makes no sense at all.

Because every one on here would have listened to the SEN link and I bet heaps had the radio on after 6 last night when Ox and co were promoting it. Negative footy stories attract heaps more hits. It's a fact. A negative big club story is even better.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Because every one on here would have listened to the SEN link and I bet heaps had the radio on after 6 last night when Ox and co were promoting it. Negative footy stories attract heaps more hits. It's a fact. A negative big club story is even better.

Wow thats 40 people. Others may have turned off because of the crap he was talking about the saints. i certainly didnt listen for a second and im doubting many on here did as well. I do agree negative stories get more people watching or listening but being a saints story means jack.

Just a hint we are a small club by the way.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

1 night = Opinion

2 nights = Inflated opinion

3 nights = Massive ego

Of course that is just my uniflated, egoless opinion!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
savatage wrote:.....and destructive.

Laughable.

He may not have proof but he also may have proof. Im not sure you can say hearsay for sure. Can i say one thing though. Finey loves the saints.
Destructively none the less.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

But is this "finey" rated by footy people?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Course the coach is to blame for Finey, he has to blame someone, he didn't like Lyon when he started either.
It can't be the players that are no good, it must be the coach, let's sack him.
Same old St Kilda way.
In a so called successful era we can't even have one coach for the decade, we had to have three.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:word i hear on Ledger is he wont know until after trade week if he is being kept or not ... lots revolves around who we get ... same is said of Beau
Correct.

Ledger really wants to stay and prove his worth. What I wrote was HIS view on his season and time at the Saints.

Our conversation ended with me asking him if he had actually spoken to Scott or Chris directly about his desires.

I advised an urgent coffee meeting so he could express his desires.

No idea if he took my advice.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"