Zac Dawson rejects St Kilda's offer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:"I think we're in good shape, we've done a lot of work, we're where we need to be and we're very confident that we'll have all the people we want to sign ... signed up within the next couple of days.''

New coach Scott Watters reiterated Nettlefold's stance, but indicated there were only deals on the table for "three'' of the above quartet.

Nice slap in the face for Dawson. Maybe it's another way of saying you're not wanted?
It could be a case of three similar deals up for grabs.
The first 3 to sign get a deal.
The last guy misses out.
We don't want that guy because he wasn't keen enough to sign.
We get everyone we want.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:"I think we're in good shape, we've done a lot of work, we're where we need to be and we're very confident that we'll have all the people we want to sign ... signed up within the next couple of days.''

New coach Scott Watters reiterated Nettlefold's stance, but indicated there were only deals on the table for "three'' of the above quartet.

Nice slap in the face for Dawson. Maybe it's another way of saying you're not wanted?
The last guy misses out.
We get everyone we want.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:

The last guy misses out.
We get everyone we want.
What if all three sit on their haunches?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I thought I'd give this thread a bit more oxygen

Another opportunity awaits!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
SainterK wrote:What about Jones?

X tweeted about someone who finished top 10 has to take a pay cut, Dempster wasn't a consistent best 22 before this season so you wouldn't think he'd of been on huge money?

Could he be tempted last minute to go to Freo, there has been no official signing as yet?

May be a left field one.
it was reported he signed a new 2 year deal 5-6 weeks ago

for mine, he is your ideal choice for a pay cut/cut but doubt it will happen

ppl seem to think he is an elite class player
Who said that he is a first class player? He is an inside tolier with average skills but his biggest attribute is that he has above average pace, something which we really lack.

Anyway, why would you give a bloke who was consistently in our best players in the second half of the year a pay cut? Do you actualy even know how much he is on?

How would you like it if your employer cut your pay? Sheesh...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/artic ... in-demand/

MELBOURNE-based AFL clubs are poised to join the race to sign disgruntled St Kilda defender Zac Dawson.

St Kilda's Zac Dawson (centre) is attracting strong interest

Getty Images PrevNextDawson, 25, has been linked with a move to Fremantle with his former Saints coach Ross Lyon.

But it appears Dawson’s passage to the Dockers will not be as smooth with clubs in his home state set to pounce in a bidding war with offers before the Saints big man declares his intended destination.

It has emerged that at least two Victorian clubs, believed to be reigning premiers Geelong and finals-hopefuls Richmond, want to explore snaring the three-time Saints grand final full-back.

Dawson is in contract dispute with the Saints after he was asked to take in the region of at least a 25 per cent pay cut on any new deal.

The former Hawthorn and Saints back man has all but declared intentions to head for another club to continue his career.

Saints officials are understood come to terms on deals for hard-nut midfielder Farren Ray, experienced all-rounder Sean Dempster, veteran Jason Blake, Brett Peake and Dean Polo.

Significantly, Dawson remains in dispute on any new Saints agreement.

He has been touted with a move west through the pre-season draft in December, but could still head to another outfit on a similar lucrative deal and selection process as the Dockers offer.

The Cats have to replace departing experienced defender Darren Milburn as well as prepare for life after the retirement of champion key back man Matthew Scarlett who has flagged plans to retire at the end of next season.

Richmond recruiters have been desperately scouring the nation for experienced and big bodied key backmen to bolster their defensive division alongside youngsters Alex Rance and Luke McGuane.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Funny. Never really heard Dawson referred to as BIG and although I've often been impressed with Ray's selflessness post-Dogs, I've never heard of him as a HARD NUT either....

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Cats wouldn't touch him. They're not that stupid or are they?

Richmond are though

Another opportunity awaits!
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Still no mention of Raph in that article.....the forgotten man.
(And please don't use my comment as an excuse to jump in and bag him!)

defacto
Club Player

Moccha wrote:Cats wouldn't touch him. They're not that stupid or are they?

Richmond are though
richmond will delist in him 2 years time and we'll be stupid enough to pick him up. were in love with richmond rejects.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

we could still lose more players than just zac

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/c ... 1n5k4.html

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:Funny. Never really heard Dawson referred to as BIG and although I've often been impressed with Ray's selflessness post-Dogs, I've never heard of him as a HARD NUT either....
Ray is damn under-rated and will probably end up playing close to 300 games in his career. Fantastic effort for a smallish lad although he is a great mark.