Go Saints!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Re: Go Saints!!!

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 18 Jan 2020 2:25pm
BarryGrogan wrote: Sat 18 Jan 2020 11:27am
saynta wrote: Sat 18 Jan 2020 10:34am
BarryGrogan wrote: Fri 17 Jan 2020 11:53pm
saynta wrote: Fri 17 Jan 2020 5:29pm
I was born right on the end of the war in the pacific. Was really upset when I learned i was not a boomer. Would have carried the title proudly.
Weird.

I really don't understand people and their desperation to fit in.

Carried the title proudly??!

I couldn't give a f*** what title people give me. I Couldn't give the slightest s*** what people categorise me as - let alone be f****** proud of it!!
And I don't give a rats for your opinion. :roll:
Well you clearly do care about everyone's opinion.

To the point your proud of labels dished out by randoms.
That's some fine baiting and misrepresentation going on there Barry.

My impression was Saynta doesn't actually care what supposed derogatory titles are thrown at him and if it were boomer (which is used as a put down by entitled GEN Y & Xers) he would happily wear it with pride, as I do :lol:

I'm sure Saynta is thinking in similar lines to me, they think Boomer is a put down when actually we are happy to be all that represents a classic boomer.

Being happy in your own skin and not caring about titles or impression of a random on an internet forum is the opposite to caring what people think, and there in lies your mistake Bazza!
WTF??

Did you actually read Saynta's post?

minneapolis
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sat 18 Jan 2020 5:21pm
I was born right on the end of the war in the pacific. Was really upset when I learned i was not a boomer. Would have carried the title proudly.
Weird.

I couldn't give a f*** what title people give me. I Couldn't give the slightest s*** what people categorise me as - let alone be f****** proud of it!!

My impression was Saynta doesn't actually care what supposed derogatory titles are thrown at him and if it were boomer (which is used as a put down by entitled GEN Y & Xers) he would happily wear it with pride, as I do :lol:

I'm sure Saynta is thinking in similar lines to me, they think Boomer is a put down when actually we are happy to be all that represents a classic boomer.

Being happy in your own skin and not caring about titles or impression of a random on an internet forum is the opposite to caring what people think, and there in lies your mistake Bazza!
Spot on. Baby boomers made this country what it is today. Best country in the world by far.
There are 350 million people here who would not agree with you.

USA is the greatest country on Earth.

Highest GDP, a leader in tech, the greatest military, worlds fattest population, best universities, greatest road system, most productive farming, highest murder rate, most admired and exported culture, world leader in space, more red necks than anywhere else, more caravans fast-food drive-ins and motels, world leader in innovation and patents, most ignorant population about world geography, best music industry, most homeless people, greatest diversified economy and the most orange national leader. QED.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote: Sun 19 Jan 2020 2:30am
saynta wrote: Sat 18 Jan 2020 5:21pm
Weird.

Spot on. Baby boomers made this country what it is today. Best country in the world by far.
There are 350 million people here who would not agree with you.

USA is the greatest country on Earth.

Highest GDP, a leader in tech, the greatest military, worlds fattest population, best universities, greatest road system, most productive farming, highest murder rate, most admired and exported culture, world leader in space, more red necks than anywhere else, more caravans fast-food drive-ins and motels, world leader in innovation and patents, most ignorant population about world geography, best music industry, most homeless people, greatest diversified economy and the most orange national leader. QED.
Brilliant, just f****** brilliant. :wink: :)

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 18 Jan 2020 2:25pm (which is used as a put down by entitled GEN Y & Xers)
I suppose that means a lot coming from the most entitled generation around! :D :wink:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 19 Jan 2020 11:24am
Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 18 Jan 2020 2:25pm (which is used as a put down by entitled GEN Y & Xers)
I suppose that means a lot coming from the most entitled generation around! :D :wink:
Yes it does actually.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 19 Jan 2020 2:49pm
Yes it does actually.
Ok boomer.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Boy the psychology behind thinking that you’ve contributed more to the development of a nation than others... especially in lieu of the fact that beyond capitalising on the opportunities provided to you, most have done diddley squat... it boggles the mind

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 19 Jan 2020 3:01pm
saynta wrote: Sun 19 Jan 2020 2:49pm
Yes it does actually.
Ok boomer.
No worries norm.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

off season banter...amusing albeit concerning...

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 19 Jan 2020 5:31pm Boy the psychology behind thinking that you’ve contributed more to the development of a nation than others... especially in lieu of the fact that beyond capitalising on the opportunities provided to you, most have done diddley squat... it boggles the mind
Though now semi retired (as I'm a boomer dinosaur who is more of a burden than an inspiration when it comes to business) my company that I founded 30 years ago with a net sum of $6K in capital employs over 570 people in VIC, NSW, QLD & Auckland.

I am literally a dumb bogan who left school when I was 15 but as a boomer I was taught by my old man who was a truck driver that an honest days work deserves an honest days pay. Though blood sweat and tears and nearly losing the lot twice in the process I worked like a person in a cotton field (well see boomers can be politically correct) to build that business because that was the work ethic of the bogan boomer.

Now how many on the entitled generations want to do the hard yards like I have?
I have employed many of the entitled over the years and if its not all about them and what the company can do for them, well they are not interested.

Yep I'm a boomer, and on top of it a bogan, but I really believe I'm the last of a generation who believe in hard work and earning your place in society.

Give me an Asian person over an entitled Aussie any day, the Asians understand trickle down economics in a business and want the company to succeed. Shame on the new gen of entitlement :lol:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

F%^%K Joff if I had of known you were that well off I would have had you shouting the pots back in the day :)

PS my attempt at entitlement ;)

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 19 Jan 2020 7:51pm
skeptic wrote: Sun 19 Jan 2020 5:31pm Boy the psychology behind thinking that you’ve contributed more to the development of a nation than others... especially in lieu of the fact that beyond capitalising on the opportunities provided to you, most have done diddley squat... it boggles the mind
Though now semi retired (as I'm a boomer dinosaur who is more of a burden than an inspiration when it comes to business) my company that I founded 30 years ago with a net sum of $6K in capital employs over 570 people in VIC, NSW, QLD & Auckland.

I am literally a dumb bogan who left school when I was 15 but as a boomer I was taught by my old man who was a truck driver that an honest days work deserves an honest days pay. Though blood sweat and tears and nearly losing the lot twice in the process I worked like a person in a cotton field (well see boomers can be politically correct) to build that business because that was the work ethic of the bogan boomer.

I have employed many of the entitled over the years and if its not all about them and what the company can do for them, well they are not interested.

Yep I'm a boomer, and on top of it a bogan, but I really believe I'm the last of a generation who believe in hard work and earning your place in society.

Give me an Asian person over an entitled Aussie any day, the Asians understand trickle down economics in a business and want the company to succeed. Shame on the new gen of entitlement :lol:
You make a good point, looking at the stats.. and yes, there is literally no one on earth born after 1965 who is successful! And I also assume the world hasn’t changed in 30 odd years and conditions are exactly the same :wink:

Talking about work, in the small team I work in (in a larger workplace) there is a mix of generations, and by far the laziest and least productive is... a boomer! I suppose I should also tell all the Gen Ys to stop doing all that unpaid overtime and going above and beyond and picking up the slack, don’t they know when they were born!? :D

But seriously, you sound like a hard worker who has done very well, I sincerely hope you enjoy your retired life that you have earned, and make the most of those government welfare cheque’s... oops sorry, I think the PC term is ‘franking credits’. :wink:

When’s round 1?! :D

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Go Saints!!

JB, I’m not suggesting that one generation or another haven’t worked hard or done well or anything like that. The point made was that one generation apparently made this country better then the rest or some other BS.

Australia is one of the greatest countries in the world... the standard of living is good, we’re free, health care is free etc etc

Most people here are a part of that and have contributed to it by working hard and making the most of it etc but it is irrational to think that our contributions to it are so much more or more special than that of people every where else... just because you’ve built a business, or went to medical school or are some lawyer that partakes in frivolous suits...
Most of us haven’t done anything more to deserve what we have than most other people round the world that have substantially less.

You think poor kids born into slavery in 3rd world countries or people living in war torn countries aren’t as hard working, clever or deserving as we are!!??

The difference between them and us is where our parents had sex, the fact that some generation of relatives had the opportunity to move here, or you yourself moved here.

You reckon you’d have the business and opportunity you had if you were born in the Saddam Hussein regimen. Good luck with that

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

lol..gotta luv footy forums..this thread is "go saints" check out where it has gone :)

petty oneupmanship drivel pertaining to social history ... luckily for me I find it amusing but for those interested solely in what this forum is dedicated to , well...any wonder they drop off.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Though now semi retired
Retirement is like pregnancy, you are either pregnant or you ain't!

No such thing as semi-retired. If you are working reduced hours you are are just part-time, casual etc. You are not semi retired.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
outside66
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 17 Jan 2020 11:24am
outside66 wrote: Fri 17 Jan 2020 10:13am
Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 16 Jan 2020 8:32pm
outside66 wrote: Thu 16 Jan 2020 10:56am
Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 15 Jan 2020 10:15pm
outside66 wrote: Tue 14 Jan 2020 4:27pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 13 Jan 2020 3:39pm
Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Mon 13 Jan 2020 2:26pm Hit 'em nice and hard
Make them drop their guard
'cos we're loyal to our Saints
'cos we're the Saints
That's terrible, worse than the Achy Blakey heart and it's raining Kent songs sung by that supporters group.

Don't give up your day job!
OK boomer...

You may want to turn up your wireless at the games because I have it on good authority that Aisle 29 will be having it large and in charge this year!
OK Boomer, I think I’ve just been transported back in time to 2016 😂

Pretty original work there sonny 👍

Now a wireless called a tranny in my day and I’m guessing that might be a subject that interests you 😉

None the less, let them sing or chant as they wish regardless of how cringeworthy it sounds.

Qu'ils mangent de la brioche!
Classic boomer response.

"OK Boomer" is a catchphrase and internet meme that gained popularity among younger cohorts from 2019, used to dismiss or mock attitudes stereotypically attributed to the baby boomer generation. Wikipedia"

Pump that tranny mate, sounds like you'll need it!
Quoting outdated memes and Wikipedia 😂

I guess you’ll be settling in this evening for a binge session of the Kardashians on Stan 👍

Not as funny as the time Ted posted Wikipedia links to a small forward position in the AFL, but still gave me a good chuckle.

Cheers young fella.
Haha, keep it coming, Brent, this is Boomer gold!
It's because I'm a boomer and "god damn" proud of it :lol:

Us boomers built this great country and continue to hold all the power and the purse strings, you gen X & Y mob should be showing the respect we deserve.

I'm a bit lost on the Brent part, but pretty sure it will relate to outdated pop culture from 2015, urban dictionary or wikipedia :lol:
It's funny how boomer's demand respect yet are one of the first to get their self-entitled knickers in a twist when it doesn't fit - remember that this little exchange started because you were making fun of another user and also a fellow Saints supporter group. Little wonder why whiny boomers cop it.

The "Brent" reference was derived from Brent "Boomer" Harvey. Don't know if that's made it's way to urban dictionary but it surely would be on Wikipedia!

minneapolis
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Sun 19 Jan 2020 10:27pm lol..gotta luv footy forums..this thread is "go saints" check out where it has gone :)

petty oneupmanship drivel pertaining to social history ... luckily for me I find it amusing but for those interested solely in what this forum is dedicated to , well...any wonder they drop off.
"I'm not dropping off" said the leper.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.