Hannebery pick really hurting us ATM

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Re: Hannebery pick really hurting us ATM

skeptic wrote: Wed 26 Aug 2020 11:17am
Saintmatt wrote: Wed 26 Aug 2020 11:04am
SaintDippa wrote: Wed 26 Aug 2020 10:46am Is Hannebery teaching Bytel/Mids stoppage or inside skills? Or the Swans all for the team mentality? Experienced warrior, sure not on field but off field I'd suggest club getting great value.
He's definitely been teaching Bytel. Their bond is deep and close (as evidenced by Hanners announcement of Bytel's debut). Much like Worpel and MItchell - The Saints ppl I know in and around the club talk about Bytel hanging off every word and on-training ground action of Hanners.

There'll always be debate as to whether we got playing value from Hanners but, I don't think there's much doubt that he's doing an excellent job in bringing the group along to a more professional/level of excellence way of doing things.
Well that really is quite encouraging.

Would be great to Hannebery back for finals. If he can get back to even close to his best, he would elevate us to a top 4 team
Hanners makes us a better team instantly with his excellent decision-making and skill execution.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Secret Kiel
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote: Tue 25 Aug 2020 9:32pm
Sanctorum wrote: Tue 25 Aug 2020 9:27pm It's far too soon to write off Dan Hannebery, there are many elite players who have come back after long injury layoffs to regain full form, and even at age 30 next year he could well help the team to play finals.

As for the cost, I expect his contract will provide for the eventuality of long term injury and early retirement, if that should eventuate.
Why would he retire when he can limp through 5 games a year for his $500k plus.
Sort of like the blokes who hurt themselves water skiing on Sunday dose themselves on pain killers on Monday enter the workplace, clock on and go "s*** I've done me back". Compo, rehab, rinse and repeat!
I'll bet you've got a ski boat?

freely
SS Hall of Fame

SaintDippa wrote: Wed 26 Aug 2020 10:46am Is Hannebery teaching Bytel/Mids stoppage or inside skills? Or the Swans all for the team mentality? Experienced warrior, sure not on field but off field I'd suggest club getting great value.
Well, yes and no. He's not there at the moment, is he.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Wed 26 Aug 2020 11:58am
But will be shortly. I believe.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

freely wrote: Wed 26 Aug 2020 11:58am
You don't have to be there to coach do you? That would intimate that Roughhead has been ineffectual during the week and pre-game in his coaching and mentorship too as he's not back there yet either.

Go you red, black & white warriors