The Dan Plan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Dan Plan

bangaulegend wrote: Fri 04 Feb 2022 11:20pm
Ghost Like wrote: Fri 04 Feb 2022 9:24pm
SaintPav wrote: Fri 04 Feb 2022 7:46pm It could be another stop start situation but the usual odious and unsavoury types on here rooting for him to fail is just beyond the pale.

Horrid.
I've actually not read anywhere that people are rooting for him to fail. Plenty questioning the value and the recruitment, many stating it's not Hannebery's fault we recruited him. Simply highlighting cost v return for a known commodity at the time of recruitment.
I agree Ghost I wish for nothing more than Dan to get on the park & show us why we placed so much trust & money in a bloke that had been struggling with soft tissue injuries for a prolonged period . Your right It is not Hanners fault but unless he can give us something special in the next 2 years its a massive fail IMO only
Yes indeed. He wasn’t recruited primarily to provide a presence and example of how to work to recover from injury. Has been a massive fail thus far and as Gusto said, we’ve seen this pre-season movie before. Odds are fairly short on him going down at the first genuine hit out under game conditions. Hope he kicks butt, but zero expectation of a significant contribution from him.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote: Sat 05 Feb 2022 3:12am
saynta wrote: Fri 04 Feb 2022 4:20pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 03 Feb 2022 9:19pm Sorry about the quintuple post lads..geez
You mean buy 5 memberships Saynta?
One will do. Should be mandatory to join this site IMHFO

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

No one is rooting for Dan to fail, most are just frustrated with the whole process, which was all too obvious an outcome when he was recruited.

“Odious and unsavoury” and “rooting for a player to fail” would look more like calling a young bloke “DipShitwood” right after they tore their ACL in a game.

Truly horrid.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sat 05 Feb 2022 8:28am
SaintPav wrote: Fri 04 Feb 2022 7:46pm It could be another stop start situation but the usual odious and unsavoury types on here rooting for him to fail is just beyond the pale.

Horrid.
Don’t think anyone is hoping he will fail. Expectations are justifiably low based on his contributions to date.
Yes, but not EVERYONE is rooting for him to succeed because they simply don’t want to be proven wrong, and they are just malicious.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote: Sat 05 Feb 2022 9:18pm

Horrid.
Don’t think anyone is hoping he will fail. Expectations are justifiably low based on his contributions to date.
Yes, but not EVERYONE is rooting for him to succeed because they simply don’t want to be proven wrong, and they are just malicious.
I don't get it Pav you say everyone want's him to fail so they can say I told you so . I think you will find it's the complete opposite everyone wants him to succeed because they know how much we have invested & if it doesn't work then it has been the worst trade/recruitment since Bill Barrot . There is still hope but time is running out

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Horrid.
Don’t think so. Surely everyone who’s a Saints supporter wants him to kick ass. I don’t think there’s much animosity towards Hannebery himself, whatever vitriol is there is mostly at the club for forking out big dollars for a player who is a bust thus far. It was desperate and the Lethlean connection does have a bit of a nepotism flavour.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sat 05 Feb 2022 11:02pm

Horrid.
Don’t think so. Surely everyone who’s a Saints supporter wants him to kick ass. I don’t think there’s much animosity towards Hannebery himself, whatever vitriol is there is mostly at the club for forking out big dollars for a player who is a bust thus far. It was desperate and the Lethlean connection does have a bit of a nepotism flavour.
Yes, it appears that the personnel at the club making recruiting decisions may have had a conflict of interest, but it wasn’t nepotism as the parties involved weren’t related. I think you mean cronyism.

I was against the recruitment at the time and used much more stronger words than you did above.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 05 Feb 2022 11:31pm

Horrid.
Yes, it appears that the personnel at the club making recruiting decisions may have had a conflict of interest, but it wasn’t nepotism as the parties involved weren’t related. I think you mean cronyism.

I was against the recruitment at the time and used much more stronger words than you did above.
Thanks......I knew nepotism wasn't quite right when I wrote it.Yep I meant cronyism .

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sun 06 Feb 2022 8:33am
SaintPav wrote: Sat 05 Feb 2022 11:31pm

Horrid.

Thanks......I knew nepotism wasn't quite right when I wrote it.Yep I meant cronyism .
They, the recruiting team, obviously ran out of time and options. For Hannas and his managers, family, friends and associates and even for our opposition teams, the fat cat smiled at that the big bowl of milk on the kitchen floor. Our opposition teams, yes, Sydney included, because they know a potential rival has just cut off a leg, by sinking millions of precious and limited funds into a into a lemon. Like a rival airline buying a plane that may occasionally fly, but never turn a profit and that messes with inventory strategy and structure for years in the meantime.

It is part of the ecosystem in the AFL …that weak teams are left with few choices..re. fixturing, tribunal clout, etc. They still get the pay check, but are squeezed into a corner and have to spend it on a Billy cart. We did get a decent Kingswood Vacationer with Crouch however.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Out of the coach's mouth.

"What does a fit Hannebery add to the team?

I think his leadership, the voice that he displays at training and on game day he is very much a vocal leader. He is very instructional and I think he very much helps our group move into the next phase of the game really quickly. He is helping guys switch on, he’s a really good communicator and when he isn’t there we sometimes lack that. "

I think I will still go with that despite what is said on here.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 06 Feb 2022 2:40pm Out of the coach's mouth.

I think his leadership, the voice that he displays at training and on game day he is very much a vocal leader. He is very instructional and I think he very much helps our group move into the next phase of the game really quickly. He is helping guys switch on, he’s a really good communicator and when he isn’t there we sometimes lack that. "

Your commitment to defend him is admirable. 15 games in 3 years is not though in any way a pass mark for his recruitment.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sun 06 Feb 2022 2:45pm

Your commitment to defend him is admirable. 15 games in 3 years is not though in any way a pass mark for his recruitment.
I really don't give a rat's what you or anybody else thinks of my opinion of Dan, but I'm guessing you knew that already.

My opinions as expressed are just that, my opinions. Not going to change either on account of any of the rubbish posted on here. 8-) :wink:

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

What Ratts is saying is just bubbles of nothingness for mediocre media question.

If Hannas's most valuable contribution is leadership and talking, he shouldn't be on the playing list and quite frankly Ratten shouldn't be coach...cos its Ratts' job to do that talking. Hannas job is to P-L-A-Y ....

But I wouldn't be so harsh...it's all just bubbles for a journo.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Sun 06 Feb 2022 3:12pm

What Ratts is saying is just bubbles of nothingness for mediocre media question.

If Hannas's most valuable contribution is leadership and talking, he shouldn't be on the playing list and quite frankly Ratten shouldn't be coach...cos its Ratts' job to do that talking. Hannas job is to P-L-A-Y ....

:roll: :roll:

I would have thought that Rats, unlike a certain ousted American President was known for speaking truthfully.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

He is building.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 06 Feb 2022 3:15pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Sun 06 Feb 2022 3:12pm

:roll: :roll:

I would have thought that Rats, unlike a certain ousted American President was known for speaking truthfully.
Nixon?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yeah. him too. Must be a trait of yankee republicans

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Ya think Nixon’s legacy will get a revision?

He’s seen as pretty terrible, right? Kennedy a hero. But Nixon

a) he won two elections convincingly
b) scaled down and pulled the US out of Vietnam*
c) He went to China

*bombed the crap out of the trail in Laos/Cambodia and NVietnam

saynta
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Sun 06 Feb 2022 6:03pm Ya think Nixon’s legacy will get a revision?

c) He went to China

Nixon was a lying dishonest scumbag who authorised criminal behaviour that eventually forced him to retire before he was impeached, so no.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 06 Feb 2022 6:09pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Sun 06 Feb 2022 6:03pm Ya think Nixon’s legacy will get a revision?

c) He went to China

Nixon was a lying dishonest scumbag who authorised criminal behaviour that eventually forced him to retire before he was impeached, so no.
Yes
And he played dirty tricks to win in 1968 I believe. The NVietnamese, prodded by the Soviets, started offering peace talks. There was a real chance to end the war, but Nixon didn’t wanna give LBJ the credit and hence help the Dems get in. The olive branch was probably in the devils hand anyway, but who knows. Anyway, did a deal with the corrupt SVietnamese to refuse talks until after the election.

Who knows, may have won the election anyway.
By Nov ‘68, you had Tet Offensive and Walter Cronkite on CBS news, Ml King assasinated, LBJ pulling out, riots everywhere …and u suppose the conservative fear and backlash would have been strong…almost like the pro Trump thing.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Matter of fact, probably Dan Hannabery’s fault that Nixon won.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

There was no process but that’s history now. I hope he does well like most of the good natured people on here and we live in hope.

But just watch some of the holier than thou told you so sad sacks come on here if he gets injured again, which is a very good possibility.

They know who they are.