Zak Jones personal leave

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Re: Zak Jones personal leave

If that’s the case he should be back quite quickly right?

#1 Ryder fan
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote: Tue 08 Mar 2022 6:15am If that’s the case he should be back quite quickly right?
Absolutely should be.

The three strike rule is another rule almost as ridiculous the vaccine rule that is also stopping our best players from playing.

When are we going to progress as a human race.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote: Tue 08 Mar 2022 6:15am If that’s the case he should be back quite quickly right?
I suspect there’s a set period he has to sit out
It’s already been said that he def won’t play round one

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Get that bald headed barstard back on the grd asap

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Tue 08 Mar 2022 11:12am Get that bald headed barstard back on the grd asap
He’s certainly going to tow the line when he comes back.
Hope he’s not rusty.
https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=tow+b ... ULGHvrLHwM

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Well if it is a second strike as some have inferred, then the policy is that the player is named and they receive an automatic 4 game suspension. He hasn’t been named so until he is I’m cynical about the veracity of this news.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Tue 08 Mar 2022 1:54pm Well if it is a second strike as some have inferred, then the policy is that the player is named and they receive an automatic 4 game suspension. He hasn’t been named so until he is I’m cynical about the veracity of this news.
Yep, It's like a lot of crap posted on this site which quickly becomes fact without any real evidence. Shameful really. I want no part of it.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Tue 08 Mar 2022 1:54pm Well if it is a second strike as some have inferred, then the policy is that the player is named and they receive an automatic 4 game suspension. He hasn’t been named so until he is I’m cynical about the veracity of this news.
Does anyone know the circumstances (penalty / treatment) if it's a first strike or whether "self reporting" offers leniency or sanctuary?

By "named", does that mean a media release? Or simply the player's name on an AFL controlled list, accessible by all Clubs come contract renewal time?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Happy to be corrected but I can’t fathom that there’s a policy that suggests it’s ok that a player is automatically outed to the media for a first or second strike.

Assuming that drug use is as rampant as suggested… would destroy the image of the game

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Tue 08 Mar 2022 2:45pm Happy to be corrected but I can’t fathom that there’s a policy that suggests it’s ok that a player is automatically outed to the media for a first or second strike.

Assuming that drug use is as rampant as suggested… would destroy the image of the game
Agree, although I wonder if it would in fact have any impact on the image of the game. I think most people these days accept recreational dug use is as common as a beer at the pub. Save for the mainstream media who still manage to leverage from the declining population who grew up in the Nixon and Nancy days of "just say no."

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Sometimes i think these ex Sydney players that were recruited by StKilda are taking the P155.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Apparently, the way to avoid sanctions is to seek a diagnosis related to mental health issues. The club becomes involved by having the player referred for diagnosis.
Once this is established the player must complete a support program.
I cant imagine that this program can be completed in less than 4 weeks, the suspension for a second strike, and could last up to 12 weeks, the suspension for a third strike, and longer.
According to our own Nick Riewoldt, drug taking amongst AFL players is 'out of control' and if he is correct, its a real issue, but the mental health loophole is there and doesn't help in stamping out the drug use at all.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Tue 08 Mar 2022 12:38pm
The Fireman wrote: Tue 08 Mar 2022 11:12am Get that bald headed barstard back on the grd asap
He’s certainly going to tow the line when he comes back.
Hope he’s not rusty.
https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=tow+b ... ULGHvrLHwM
😂👍

CowboyRoo

Have been told we shouldn’t expect him back for a while… Nothing to do with the strike system.
Wishing him all the best.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 08 Mar 2022 8:48pm Apparently, the way to avoid sanctions is to seek a diagnosis related to mental health issues. The club becomes involved by having the player referred for diagnosis.
I cant imagine that this program can be completed in less than 4 weeks, the suspension for a second strike, and could last up to 12 weeks, the suspension for a third strike, and longer.
According to our own Nick Riewoldt, drug taking amongst AFL players is 'out of control' and if he is correct, its a real issue, but the mental health loophole is there and doesn't help in stamping out the drug use at all.
The type of attitude your describing is unfortunately rampant across many aspects of society

Violence driven from anger... can’t just be an anger problem anymore, it’s caused by depression
People that stay out all night drinking and doing drugs and crash the next morning... they’re not strung out, they have Bipolar
And so fourth

And public mental health services, that are are stretched well beyond capacity with no opportunity to do anything beyond focus on the next crisis, have the onus put on them to take these things that clearly aren’t mental illness and can’t be treated by the types of interventions tertiary serviced provide... well they’re generally faced with having to provide a clientele that generally isn’t interested in the program on offer.

The problem with taking an AOD problem and calling it a mental health one is that in many instances, you simply end up with the wrong type of support. Don’t get me wrong, dual diagnosis is definitely a real thing (a mental illness and drug problem of equal severity presenting together) but things need to be called and addressed as what they are.

Note - this is not in anyway a commentary on Zac Jones... I don’t know anything about his particular circumstance and if they even related to AOD/mental illness

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Thu 10 Mar 2022 12:03am
CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 08 Mar 2022 8:48pm Apparently, the way to avoid sanctions is to seek a diagnosis related to mental health issues. The club becomes involved by having the player referred for diagnosis.
The type of attitude your describing is unfortunately rampant across many aspects of society

Violence driven from anger... can’t just be an anger problem anymore, it’s caused by depression
People that stay out all night drinking and doing drugs and crash the next morning... they’re not strung out, they have Bipolar
And so fourth

And public mental health services, that are are stretched well beyond capacity with no opportunity to do anything beyond focus on the next crisis, have the onus put on them to take these things that clearly aren’t mental illness and can’t be treated by the types of interventions tertiary serviced provide... well they’re generally faced with having to provide a clientele that generally isn’t interested in the program on offer.

The problem with taking an AOD problem and calling it a mental health one is that in many instances, you simply end up with the wrong type of support. Don’t get me wrong, dual diagnosis is definitely a real thing (a mental illness and drug problem of equal severity presenting together) but things need to be called and addressed as what they are.

Note - this is not in anyway a commentary on Zac Jones... I don’t know anything about his particular circumstance and if they even related to AOD/mental illness

Caveat - I am not knocking disorders or those struggling with life and themselves - i am one!
But..that said...

When shopping for a remedy for your pains, you can remember that...

Co-morbidity is also an option available on the 'Deluxe' model..
If you have certain symptoms, only sometimes, and you are welcomed to being on the 'Spectrum' sometimes associated with the diagnosis of a disorder.
If you are on the spectrum, maybe you now have a disorder. Why not? Who is to say? That would explain x, y and z!
If you have one disorder, you can find data everywhere on the web to show that you probably have another disorder as well.
Once you have blindly succumbed to conflating negative emotions, less-than-pleasant realizations of your shortcomings as 'symptoms', you can find any number of further disorders on youtube, together with programs, counselors, clinics and youtubers who represent them and willing to help you. (Click Subscribe...join the program) They will invent sub-categories of existing disorders so that you will have no trouble moving your template over the shapes they present to get a 'perfect fit' . They will invent disorders themselves... So there are four types of BPD, each with three variations...
The combinations you can create from disorders are like this are like a giant bucket of colourful LEGO pieces that you can tip out on the rug and play with for days..

Standard Grocery List of symptoms in mid-life for men and women begin the indoctrination...pretty easy to list, and pretty hard to deny when they are put in front of your eyes...

..From another angle,
We have lost the church
We have no God
We have lost the pub
We have an 05% breathalizer cop car waiting on the corner

Now we have this, and there will be much more to come. Fingers crossed.

I am trying one of these meds now...low dose, and whether or not it helps me...I have no idea.

..and I am furious that I was probably just a couple of years too old for the E boom in the UK...well, I was young, but already had fried my brain and was scared.
A lot of my associates really say that experiences with E and shooms really changed them for the better when they were young. They wear their E heritage like a badge of honour and a mark that separates them from the old world - the dinosaurs - that preceded them.

EDIT - and I must add, I think getting meds is a synch... The ADHD quizzes are a joke. Fair dinkum, a 12 year old could guess their rubric.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 10 Mar 2022 12:50am

And so fourth

Caveat - I am not knocking disorders or those struggling with life and themselves - i am one!
But..that said...

If you have certain symptoms, only sometimes, and you are welcomed to being on the 'Spectrum' sometimes associated with the diagnosis of a disorder.
If you are on the spectrum, maybe you now have a disorder. Why not? Who is to say? That would explain x, y and z!
If you have one disorder, you can find data everywhere on the web to show that you probably have another disorder as well.
Once you have blindly succumbed to conflating negative emotions, less-than-pleasant realizations of your shortcomings as 'symptoms', you can find any number of further disorders on youtube, together with programs, counselors, clinics and youtubers who represent them and willing to help you. (Click Subscribe...join the program) They will invent sub-categories of existing disorders so that you will have no trouble moving your template over the shapes they present to get a 'perfect fit' . They will invent disorders themselves... So there are four types of BPD, each with three variations...
The combinations you can create from disorders are like this are like a giant bucket of colourful LEGO pieces that you can tip out on the rug and play with for days..

Standard Grocery List of symptoms in mid-life for men and women begin the indoctrination...pretty easy to list, and pretty hard to deny when they are put in front of your eyes...

..From another angle,
We have lost the church
We have no God
We have lost the pub

I am trying one of these meds now...low dose, and whether or not it helps me...I have no idea.

..and I am furious that I was probably just a couple of years too old for the E boom in the UK...well, I was young, but already had fried my brain and was scared.
A lot of my associates really say that experiences with E and shooms really changed them for the better when they were young. They wear their E heritage like a badge of honour and a mark that separates them from the old world - the dinosaurs - that preceded them.

EDIT - and I must add, I think getting meds is a synch... The ADHD quizzes are a joke. Fair dinkum, a 12 year old could guess their rubric.
Agreed on all points.

Just to be clear... am certainly not knocking co-morbidities when there actually is co-morbidities.

CQ’s example of ppl with a substance use disorder (or just plain using substances) being coerced into a mental health diagnosis is the type of thing that happens and grinds my gears

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Thu 10 Mar 2022 1:10am
shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 10 Mar 2022 12:50am

And so fourth

But..that said...

..From another angle,
We have lost the church
We have no God
We have lost the pub

Agreed on all points.

Just to be clear... am certainly not knocking co-morbidities when there actually is co-morbidities.

CQ’s example of ppl with a substance use disorder (or just plain using substances) being coerced into a mental health diagnosis is the type of thing that happens and grinds my gears
What choice do they have, if the lawyer representing them suggests it might be a good idea...?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

My take is he was referring to players
In a broader sense… it’s one thing to do it at court, it’s another to seek out services that you don’t actually want

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Finnis said on radio this morning theb Zak had improved, but still didnt know when he would return.