Umpiring

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umpiring

Absolutely damning

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Whilst I agree that the umpiring was poor and we did not get the rub of the green. I watched the Crows v Freo game and must commend Freo on being able to play against 21. 32 frees to the Crows v 16 frees to Freo. That was a shocking umpire performance.

If what happened to Freo had of happened to us, this site would have crashed. I say this to point out how poor umpiring is as a whole OR to highlight that the games rules too often get tweaked and too many of them require interpretation.

The greyness of our rules is the game's biggest problem in my opinion.

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Freo would be likely to an umpiring pay back this week.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

There is an AFL accredited umpire (unknown who) that posts write-ups on Reddit of all the calls during a game.

This week he did Saints vs Pies match

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

"Contentious" because they were wrong. Word is just a euphemism.

Not umpiring per se, but see Robinson was suspended. Can't help comparing it to the contentious decision to exonerate McKay's violent hit on Hunter. I think McKay's was worse and more calculated. Sloane raked Blake's eyes as well but apparently got off due to character witnesses and a not me officer defence, notwithstanding clear evidence - can you believe such nonsense.

You can tie yourself in knots unless its accepted that for whatever reason we get shafted by officials as a matter of course. Natural justice is for others.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Viscount Jeremiah wrote: Wed 23 Mar 2022 9:30am There is an AFL accredited umpire (unknown who) that posts write-ups on Reddit of all the calls during a game.

Who the hell is this bloke.

He justified the non free on Hayes saying contact to the head was incidental after a spoil. That is the very definition of a free kick and not a report.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Wed 23 Mar 2022 10:37am
Viscount Jeremiah wrote: Wed 23 Mar 2022 9:30am There is an AFL accredited umpire (unknown who) that posts write-ups on Reddit of all the calls during a game.

Who the hell is this bloke.

He justified the non free on Hayes saying contact to the head was incidental after a spoil. That is the very definition of a free kick and not a report.
No idea but he's a current AFL umpire... Kind of worrying.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 23 Mar 2022 8:58am Whilst I agree that the umpiring was poor and we did not get the rub of the green. I watched the Crows v Freo game and must commend Freo on being able to play against 21. 32 frees to the Crows v 16 frees to Freo. That was a shocking umpire performance.

If what happened to Freo had of happened to us, this site would have crashed. I say this to point out how poor umpiring is as a whole OR to highlight that the games rules too often get tweaked and too many of them require interpretation.

The greyness of our rules is the game's biggest problem in my opinion.
Our favorite woman maggot too.