Votes v Blues

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Votes v Blues

Superboot wrote: Sun 03 Jul 2022 10:00am Jones has taken some stick here recently, but I thought he had his best game in yonks. Credit where it's due.
Agreed.

He played his role

The mids supported each other and played a better brand of team footy

Look for the first option, don’t try and be star and do it all yourself

It’s not a difficult concept to grasp is it?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I think Jones is an example of a player that really has been given a licence to rebuild his fitness in the seniors

He has been way off the pace in terms of performance vs capability but IMO has steadily gotten better as the weeks have progressed.

He’s looking alright now

saintbob
SS Life Member

The OtherThommo wrote: Sat 02 Jul 2022 1:28am Ya wanna know what the 'voting order' should be? Ya note what Luke Hodge said about Jack Steele after the game.

Watching the game, I thought Steeley had set himself the task of besting Cripps where it counted. Golly gee, it worked.

But, I didn't expect to hear one of the greatest of all time, in Hodge, say Steeley is 'the best I've seen at...' being just like me'.

Jack Steele's a giant (not Giant) - he f**ked Carlton by ensuring Cripps didn't spit out the front of centre bounces at will. He reduced Cripps to racking up cheap handballs wide at half back.

One of the finest skipper's games I've seen in ages.

But, to have Hodge say what he said afterwards, is the real cream on the appreciation cake of how good Steele is - no-one like him, and we are privileged to have him as skipper.
We nullified all their cheats like Saad, Docherty and Newman, yep they still got the cheap handballs around the back but there was always one of our forwards right on their arses and they were always under pressure.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

125 Sinclair
96 Membrey
60 Marshall
41 Ryder
28 Hill
26.5 Steele
6 Wanganeen Milera
6 Wilkie
4 Crouch
4 Ross
3 Billings
3 Butler
1.5 King
1 Gresham

Therefore:
5 Sinclair
4 Membrey
3 Marshall
2 Ryder
1 Hill

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!