Robert Harvey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Killa
Club Player

Re: Robert Harvey

What did surprise me across 2022 was the overhead marking ability of Sinclair

Which raises another issue

The defining ability of class mids is that not only do they impact across the field but they can also go forward and create a mismatch because they can take a contested mark

So they can be pushed forward

And depth allows them to be pushed forward

Who of those proposed as our midfield options also has the ability to go forward and change the result of a match, demanding the ball including overhead?

I note the references to Ross - but to me at least the knock on him is that he does not hit the scoreboard (how many goals in how many games?)

How often has he got forward, created a mismatch, taken a contested mark and got the result for the team

I have a view that top drawer mids average 0.7 goals a game and, on occasions slot 3 or 4 in a best on ground performance for a winning side

So creating havoc for the opposition side

Can Sinclair replicate his defensive overhead marking skills on occasion when pushing forward?

As a two sided player (also a distinct asset) can he now develop to an all ground performer?

These are the questions we look for answers on

Then we get to the spine and support for Marshall, Howard and King (on his return)

And hopefully the support for those 3 comes from some of the kids on our List

To get Cordy I understand we offered 3 years v WB 2 years

So a 3 year back up?

They may be looking for more as the kids develop

And that 3 years maybe cost us Lobbe, who was being courted by the previous Coach and where we were just a few dollars off the offer he subsequently accepted

Peris carries a reputation earned across his first year at the Club (with the previous Coach)

He is an excitement machine capable of going to the level

So there you go

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Robert Harvey

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 12 Jan 2023 1:24pm I'm expecting a few blokrsto pull their finger out. I mentioned the ones we need to fire. Injury won't save them.
RTB isn't dumb.
He knows that many won't cut it, and I believe they will get the best chances to prove themselves.
He won't retain someone who played 3-4 decent games 5 yrs ago but has dropped off.
If that player can't find improvement within themselves (this year) even after a new coaching set-up, they've run out of excuses.

I think Cordy will get some robust advice from Misson+RTB about where he is, and where he needs to be. And a timeframe. Not gonna worry about Cordy, if he won't get better, he's a Zeb for 3 yrs or will get the flick.

RTB will drive high standards as usual.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee