Racial abuse

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Re: Racial abuse

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 30 Mar 2023 11:15pm
saynta wrote: Mon 27 Mar 2023 4:42pm
Devilhead wrote: Mon 27 Mar 2023 4:31pm Likely to be a Bulldog fan unhappy with the performance
I think that all reports seem to indicate it was one of our own unfortunately.
Wrong.
All reports were quotes from our club, feeding the assumption that it was an oppo supporter, i.e. a Saints fan.

I saw nothing to suggest it was a Sainter.
There's a high probability it was a Doggies fan, upset at the team
Or an angry neutral

SaintWiki
Club Player

Nicky Winmar praises Jamarra Ugle-Hagan for emulating iconic stance against racism in AFL
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-03-31/ ... /102169370

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

I just read here, courtesy of T74 that it was a girl in a St Kilda jumper. So probably a St Kilda supporter. Just a bit of detail helps with clarity.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Fri 31 Mar 2023 9:26am I got up from my seat, thanked them for dinner and said I can't tolerate the discussion.
They all went quiet and the dad said, 'Mate, don't feel bad, you're one of us, you're not a dirty black coon'. I looked at him and said 'Thanks, but Im not an ignorant white c*** either.'

there's 'my' halfcast white boy story , writ large

too white on the outside for the blackfella
way too black on the inside for the whitefella
asiu I am going to transcend my most humorous possible Saynta and correct you on your spelling (FFS and rolly eye emojis optional).

It's actually half-caste...how do I know this, cause I is one...(how goods me gramma)

respect!

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

SaintWiki wrote: Fri 31 Mar 2023 1:21pm Nicky Winmar praises Jamarra Ugle-Hagan for emulating iconic stance against racism in AFL
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-03-31/ ... /102169370
Really love this from Nicky, I hope all the indidge boys follow Jamarra's lead and respond with the Winmar salute whenever a racist needs educating.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

It's actually half-caste...how do I know this, cause I is one...(how goods me gramma)

respect!

we are the forgotten (front line) soldiers in this ongoing kultcha war ... imo

'n by eff , it is so boring.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Racism only exists in the heads of feeble minded losers, who fear their own position in a classist, discriminatory, capital society is vulnerable.
I worked this out when I was a teenager at a fancy private catholic school that wanted to punish me for telling a 24 year old white girl, who had a teaching degree, that Captain Cook did not discover Australia or New Zealand and her text book was full of s***.
She also tried to tell my mum that I damaged school property by ripping up the said text book, when she tried to avoid my raised hand.
My mum bought the book but went to the library and got a copy on my student card before entering my disciplinary meeting.
My Mum was Maori.
She asked if the teacher, a history teacher, knew how and when the Maori got to New Zealand. She said, they are natives, they come from there. My mum smiled.
She then began ripping up the text book in front of the teacher and me.
Brother Leo came out of his office, he knew my mum well and said Joyce, is that anyway to mentor your son.
She looked at him and said Leo, do you know who discovered Australia?
He dropped his eyes and didn't know where to look.
My mum ripped the tag off the library book and gave it to the teacher and said, the text book my son ripped was bought by me.
This is from the library, now we are even.

Higher education in this country is useless, if you can get there unscathed by the mandatory high school curriculum, you'll have just enough self identity left, to not want to know where your great grand parents came from and a distorted sense, of what a fair go, actually is.

I fear classism much more than racism.

As long as we have football, meat pies, Kangaroos and oops. What happened there?

Makes sense to me. Lol

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Fri 31 Mar 2023 3:42pm It's actually half-caste...how do I know this, cause I is one...(how goods me gramma)

respect!

I identify as pro noun flexible.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 31 Mar 2023 3:59pm Racism only exists in the heads of feeble minded losers, who fear their own position in a classist, discriminatory, capital society is vulnerable.
I worked this out when I was a teenager at a fancy private catholic school that wanted to punish me for telling a 24 year old white girl, who had a teaching degree, that Captain Cook did not discover Australia or New Zealand and her text book was full of s***.
She also tried to tell my mum that I damaged school property by ripping up the said text book, when she tried to avoid my raised hand.
My mum bought the book but went to the library and got a copy on my student card before entering my disciplinary meeting.
My Mum was Maori.
She asked if the teacher, a history teacher, knew how and when the Maori got to New Zealand. She said, they are natives, they come from there. My mum smiled.
Brother Leo came out of his office, he knew my mum well and said Joyce, is that anyway to mentor your son.
My mum ripped the tag off the library book and gave it to the teacher and said, the text book my son ripped was bought by me.

Higher education in this country is useless, if you can get there unscathed by the mandatory high school curriculum, you'll have just enough self identity left, to not want to know where your great grand parents came from and a distorted sense, of what a fair go, actually is.

As long as we have football, meat pies, Kangaroos and oops. What happened there?

Makes sense to me. Lol
I love that story CQ. your mum sounds like a ripper, a bloody shame she never taught you how to play chess.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

did anyone actually discover anything ?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 31 Mar 2023 4:23pm did anyone actually discover anything ?
Personally mate, I'm on a self discovery mission. I've heard it's a beautiful unoccupied destination. I'll let you know when I've worked out where it is.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 31 Mar 2023 4:09pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 31 Mar 2023 3:59pm Racism only exists in the heads of feeble minded losers, who fear their own position in a classist, discriminatory, capital society is vulnerable.
My Mum was Maori.

Makes sense to me. Lol
I love that story CQ. your mum sounds like a ripper, a bloody shame she never taught you how to play chess.
It is a shame.
I've had to settle for Warrior, Elder and I'm soon to be Chief but Chess Master would have been so much more Cosmopolitan.
Anyway, I survived and I still have all my pieces. I just didn't play.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

... destination. I'll let you know when I've worked out where it is.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 31 Mar 2023 5:14pm
The Fireman wrote: Fri 31 Mar 2023 4:23pm did anyone actually discover anything ?
Personally mate, I'm on a self discovery mission. I've heard it's a beautiful unoccupied destination. I'll let you know when I've worked out where it is.
GPS Co-ords would be appreciated.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 31 Mar 2023 4:07pm
asiu wrote: Fri 31 Mar 2023 3:42pm It's actually half-caste...how do I know this, cause I is one...(how goods me gramma)

respect!

I identify as pro noun flexible.
I identify as confused

My pronouns are "where" "what" "why"

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 31 Mar 2023 6:35am
CURLY wrote: Fri 31 Mar 2023 6:22am Can't help but feel it was a bit of a direction last night the free kicks Ugle Hagen received.
Not sure you can draw that connection - yes he got 4 - but so did Neale and Berry - also - there were 48 frees paid for the game - that is 12 a quarter - or one every 2 minutes

A highly umpired game.
Oh and as an aside - didn't he play on Joyce???????

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Fri 31 Mar 2023 1:35pm I just read here, courtesy of T74 that it was a girl in a St Kilda jumper. So probably a St Kilda supporter. Just a bit of detail helps with clarity.
Racial abuse should never happen of course but there seems to be a lot of mixed reporting going on about the incident.

Some Media reports saying it wad an isolated incident others read like it was happened multiple times from numerous areas.

It would be good to have some clarity what was said and who exactly heard it on the field but that doesn't seem to be forthcoming

You would think if JU-H heard it directly he would have immediately approached the crowd in the specific bay it was coming from but it has been reported on here he didn't hear the abuse at all and was after the fact but the reporting leads you to believe he did hear it on the field.

No doubt it happened but its all a bit strange

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
SaintWiki
Club Player

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Fri 31 Mar 2023 10:47pm
The G Train Legacy wrote: Fri 31 Mar 2023 1:35pm I just read here, courtesy of T74 that it was a girl in a St Kilda jumper. So probably a St Kilda supporter. Just a bit of detail helps with clarity.
Racial abuse should never happen of course but there seems to be a lot of mixed reporting going on about the incident.

Some Media reports saying it wad an isolated incident others read like it was happened multiple times from numerous areas.

It would be good to have some clarity what was said and who exactly heard it on the field but that doesn't seem to be forthcoming

You would think if JU-H heard it directly he would have immediately approached the crowd in the specific bay it was coming from but it has been reported on here he didn't hear the abuse at all and was after the fact but the reporting leads you to believe he did hear it on the field.

No doubt it happened but its all a bit strange
Doesn't matter if it was isolated, what was said or who heard it on the field, Adam Goodes taught us all that matters is if someone is hurt by racism then that is all that matters and clearly JUH has put it on the public record he was hurt by racism and we should continue to educate and all work to stop racism.

Sebastian Tombs
Club Player

Do we know what was said? As we saw over summer telling a cricket commentator of "color" GET THE f*** OF THE WICKET by the groundsman is now rascist so its hard too keep up

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Sebastian Tombs wrote: Sat 01 Apr 2023 3:34pm Do we know what was said? As we saw over summer telling a cricket commentator of "color" GET THE f*** OF THE WICKET by the groundsman is now rascist so its hard too keep up
Back in the old days at Moorabbin I would hear supporters directing abuse at the opposition players by letting them know their mothers wore hessian underware.

To this day I still don't see a problem with hessian underware and Mum still uses Solvol soap on washing day.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sebastian Tombs wrote: Sat 01 Apr 2023 3:34pm Do we know what was said? As we saw over summer telling a cricket commentator of "color" GET THE f*** OF THE WICKET by the groundsman is now rascist so its hard too keep up
All I know is what has been reported. JUL's mother said he was called a see you next tuesday. I don't know if that was accompanied by any descriptive words.

When I was growing up the worst thing I heard being yelled at a player was "chewy on ya boot.'

Times have changed and we are in a far more hostile world these days.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 01 Apr 2023 6:58pm
When I was growing up the worst thing I heard being yelled at a player was "chewy on ya boot.'

Times have changed and we are in a far more hostile world these days.
LOL

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.