Four added to extended bench.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Four added to extended bench.

nostalgicsaint wrote: Sat 01 Jul 2023 2:47am
Scollop wrote: Fri 30 Jun 2023 8:06pm
nostalgicsaint wrote: Fri 30 Jun 2023 7:06pm @Scalloped Patotoes

Is your contention that Lenny Hayes backed Bytel and therefore he was picked round 1.

But now it is all RTB fault he isn't getting a game?

My point. Ross is one opinion when it comes to selection.
@ old fart (if you can't address me by my nic, why should I...?)

Senior coach vs assistant coach. I think we all know who has deciding voice...and so it should be. Lenny can make suggestions but ultimately Ross is responsible for most decisions.

Was it Lenny Hayes who decided Rath should go, Gags should go? Or ....Geoff Walsh should go, our strength and conditioning guy should go? ...need I continue?

Sorry... shouldn't have mentioned G Walsh. That's just pure speculation on my part. Maybe Walsh wanted Rath to stay or Gags to stay...Maybe Walsh wasn't a huge fan of SOS and Lyon was....or maybe it was genuinely a personal or family reason and it was all a coincidence.

So you concede that Ross was ultimately the one who gave Bytel a chance in round 1.

Then subsequently multiple times as a sub.

I'm a Bytel fan too but I struggle to see the issue here....
Bang on!
There is no issue except in the heads of those looking to find issue where there is none
We sit 5th - whether we really are or not doesn’t matter we are.
I can see why they’re saying to Bytel - you want Crouch’s spot?? Or Steeles spot or Ross’s spot??? Be consistently better than them. He wasn’t last week and has 1 standout game.
When he has played he’s struggled to hit 20 possessions…
Facts are Lyon and his coaching group have consistently ALL YEAR continued to play 6-8 kids.
Partly we have no one else (and eff all in two’s demanding a spot) and partly cause they want to see whose a genuine long term prospect and who isn’t
Just churning over players who haven’t demanded an AFL game isn’t exploration….it’s stupidity

“Yeah….nah””
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Byrnes spot

Ross to the wing

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Seems like the ones most likely to get a crack at some stage (currently playing sandy)

Jones- work rate and brings a point of difference. Also worth remembering he has years ahead of him if he can stay on the park.

Billings- class but will take a few four qtr efforts before he gets in.

Heath- potentially to take hammers spot for a week or two at some stage.

Outside of that- not much more to explore this year.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.