New Answers fromFootyFirst/Board Challenge Updates

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

To the top, the concerns raised by the alternative ticket, as far as I understand, have nothing to do with GT.

He is not involved directly at all, and the challenge has arisen for unrelated reasons.

They are about:

- The club having an elite training facility, 4 years after it was promised
- Decline in membership in '07
- Poor presentation by the President in the media
- Loss of many quality staff from the club over the past 12 months
- Ken Sheldon's position
- Concern about alternative revenue streams
- Loss of major sponsors over the past two years
- Handling of Baker tribunal incident

Surely fair enough concerns, and issues that the current board NEEDS to come out and address -- give a statement on, provide a vision for the future and set certain benchmarks.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:Yep. Me thinks our Rod and Andy D. are very close :roll:
Disagree, RB was close to Ron Evans (very close) but AD is not a fan of RB to my knowledge. Loves Jim Watts though :wink:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote: The true cost of Rod hanging onto his position and his dream of a seat on the AFL commission will be the deals he does in an attempt to solidify his position.
Fabricated B/S.

Pure speculation - fantasy.

Show us one piece of evidence to back up these claims :roll:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saintm
Club Player

According to Channel 10 news challenge will be launced tomorrow morning at Telstra Dome.

Ticket includes Westaway, Burke, Thompson, a current board member , a female candidate and a QC.

EGM is expected to be called following next week's board meeting with the election to take place 60 days from then.

All the above information was from Rob Waters.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Sounded very credible.

Professional launch at Telstra Dome tomorrow ...

John Gdanski is the current board member who is part of the new ticket.

A female candidate and a QC ... wonder who they are?

So far they are going about it the right way ...

In the words of Noddy, "let's see what tomorrow brings".

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

The question is, what infulence in the moorabin development has Gdinski had as part of the board.

I look forward to hearing what changes they would bring in. Must say it sounds a lot more professional then I expected. Well worth waiting a few more days for

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
To the top
SS Life Member

I am at least gratified by any knowledge that the Fox/Thomas forces are not behind this.

In regards the agenda, the training facilities issue is linked to the issue with the Council - and poker machines at the mooted venue.

Membership would reflect the disappointing 2006 season and the poor start to 2007 when we lost 7 of the first 11 games.

Poor presentation by the President in the media is in the eye of the beholder - and impacted on by the Thomas cancer.

Loss of staff happens everywhere - opportunities present, people leave and you re-generate. Fact of life.

Sheldon? Who knows?

Alternate revenue streams - always on the agenda.

Loss of major sponsors. This will also happen, and why you look for "blue chip" sponsors.

Baker. Obviously angst and I also do not understand that baulking in front of someone can produce such a result when someone cannons into you. Where is any consistency with the rules of the road. Hit someone in the back = no defence. BUT, the AFL is after Baker and has been since the Judd publicity. No matter, he would have copped the same. And the appeal was restricted to presenting that AFL Rules had not been followed by the Tribunal.

I am not a supporter of the current Board but I do think that the reasons listed on here do not carry sufficient substance and do not drive at the fundamentals.

They are day to day management issues of an on-going nature.

The substance issues for the Board are the status of the Balance Sheet and how that is to be enhanced, cash flow and profitable trading to the benefit of putting the best side on the park with the best preparation.

Not day to day issues - which come and go in the normal course no matter who is there.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:The question is, what infulence in the moorabin development has Gdinski had as part of the board.

I look forward to hearing what changes they would bring in. Must say it sounds a lot more professional then I expected. Well worth waiting a few more days for
I have met John Gdanski (is a Melbourne Solicitor) many times and can report he has been a hard working Board member for the saints and is a true saints man and a genuinely decent bloke.

I believe he is close to Ross Levine but thought he was a Butterss supporter.

I don't know what his actual involvement may or may not have been in regard to the development, however his involvement along with Andrew Thompson gives the ticket a strong credibility factor in my mind.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:I am at least gratified by any knowledge that the Fox/Thomas forces are not behind this.

In regards the agenda, the training facilities issue is linked to the issue with the Council - and poker machines at the mooted venue.

Membership would reflect the disappointing 2006 season and the poor start to 2007 when we lost 7 of the first 11 games.

Poor presentation by the President in the media is in the eye of the beholder - and impacted on by the Thomas cancer.

Loss of staff happens everywhere - opportunities present, people leave and you re-generate. Fact of life.

Sheldon? Who knows?

Alternate revenue streams - always on the agenda.

Loss of major sponsors. This will also happen, and why you look for "blue chip" sponsors.

Baker. Obviously angst and I also do not understand that baulking in front of someone can produce such a result when someone cannons into you. Where is any consistency with the rules of the road. Hit someone in the back = no defence. BUT, the AFL is after Baker and has been since the Judd publicity. No matter, he would have copped the same. And the appeal was restricted to presenting that AFL Rules had not been followed by the Tribunal.

I am not a supporter of the current Board but I do think that the reasons listed on here do not carry sufficient substance and do not drive at the fundamentals.

They are day to day management issues of an on-going nature.

The substance issues for the Board are the status of the Balance Sheet and how that is to be enhanced, cash flow and profitable trading to the benefit of putting the best side on the park with the best preparation.

Not day to day issues - which come and go in the normal course no matter who is there.
The fact that they burnt bridges and overplayed their hand over the re-development after 4 years is a disgrace and needs to be looked at. They have presided over two sacked coaches. We have one of the lowest spending on the football department and have the worst facilities.

There seems to be no new streams of income coming in that will fire proof the club against bad years onfield.

Plus personally I think they need to look after the members a little better. Not showing interstate games at the social club is a disgrace.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
mischa
Club Player

To the top,
Can you please explain why the current board are split re: not united!

JeffDunne

Joffa Burns wrote:
Disagree, RB was close to Ron Evans (very close) but AD is not a fan of RB to my knowledge. Loves Jim Watts though :wink:
lol.

Very close? :lol:

"Show us one piece of evidence to back up these claims " :roll:

That is, more of your pointless anecdotes. :lol:

Can I ask JB, why do you think a president representing the club's interests would do the AFL's bidding in a presidents meeting (on more than one occasion)?

Why would a club president argue that the AFL shouldn't . . . yes that is "shouldn't" . . . give more money to clubs as part of the new media deal?

Next time you're out meeting with the AFL powerbrokers, ask Eddie what he thinks of Rod's position on a number of issues. You sound important and connected enough to find the answer. :lol:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The TV news I saw (Ch 9 I think...but the daughter changed channells on me!!!) said the group called themselves saints First...

and that it had 2 Board members. G & Levin.

It said the they would "launch" themselves at Doclands tomorrow.

It also said that AT and Burke were on the ticket.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
luckysaint
Club Player

What would andrew thompson's position be on the ticket? Are they looking to give him a footy dept role, or does he represent the players?

I think his involvement so soon after the season is a reflection of where the players stand.

Will be very interested to hear the news tomorrow.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

luckysaint wrote:
I think his involvement so soon after the season is a reflection of where the players stand.

To some extent perhaps...

But I think it would mainly be that he and probably Burke were targetted to add "football" and "loyal saintsmen" credibilty to a ticket which will no doubt be full of people that the average Saints fan have not heard of or at least have not heard of as saints people.

What will be of interest to me will be who the other Board members are....and what their credendentials are....and even more what their SOLUTIONS are...

A slick launch with only hot air will do little to sway me,....I want to see substance and that needs to be a lot more than two ex-players....even 2 as loyal as Burke and Thommo.....for both of them have had little "business" experience.

JeffDunne

This is only speculation but I would think several players got their nose out of joint when Rod implied they were being disloyal to the new coach when he made his infamous outburst on SEN earlier this year.

I remember Nathan Burke's comments on SEN following that outburst and I'm sure it was a defining moment for him and his views on the clubs leadership.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well if AT and NB are both part of the Saints First Group......hopefully it might make Harvey more likely to play on for one more year :wink:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:This is only speculation but I would think several players got their nose out of joint when Rod implied they were being disloyal to the new coach when he made his infamous outburst on SEN earlier this year.

I remember Nathan Burke's comments on SEN following that outburst and I'm sure it was a defining moment for him and his views on the clubs leadership.
Maybe Burkey just wants a more successful St Kilda and wants to ramp up the the support facilities etc that a club needs to be successful?????
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 10 Sep 2007 9:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeffDunne

I'm positive that's all he wants.

Tassie Saint
Club Player
Location: In the wilds of Tassie - Where boys become men, and cousins become wives

It could be the wine, or maybe I'm just ignorant, but what was the famous Butterss outburst about not being loyal? I missed that one completely (sure there must have been a thread about it but the search function doesn't seem to work...

Also, I am not particularly fond of Butterss but would need to see a bit of substance from this new group (even with a legend like Burkie backing it) before I would vote it in... however I also see nothing wrong with the way they have handled themselves so far - get the ticket together, then lay it on the line (if that is indeed what they do)

Caaaaaarn you Sainters!!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:
lol.

Gold jeff pure Gold...how about this...

1/ Ron Evans attended at least 40% of St Kilda home games as a guest of the President and always sat with the President at his table and in his seating arrangement. He was the only Commissioner to do so on a regular basis.

2/ They could be seen chatting one on one on a regular basis well after the game and function had finished.

3/ They were also known to have regular lunches at The Melbourne club.

4/ Rod (on the record) gave a moving tribute to Ron after his death and recounted how close they were in his Presidents speech!

Source - my own eyes and ears young Jeffy!

There is a poster with whom you are quite friendly (joffaboy) who will also verify my vantage point to view these happenings.

But of course I back up my statements, you just keep on typing your anti Rod Butterss cr@pola and pass it off as fact :lol:

Tell us again how you know as fact RB dreams of a seat on the commission :lol: :lol: :lol: tell us again Jeffy bahahahaha

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Levin also confirmed on On The Couch...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well Footy Confidential to come....

...I think that there will be not likely be much moe fresh info till tomorrow morning.

Still they may winkle out who some of the others are....

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:
lol.

Gold jeff pure Gold...how about this...

1/ Ron Evans attended at least 40% of St Kilda home games as a guest of the President and always sat with the President at his table and in his seating arrangement. He was the only Commissioner to do so on a regular basis.

2/ They could be seen chatting one on one on a regular basis well after the game and function had finished.

3/ They were also known to have regular lunches at The Melbourne club.

4/ Rod (on the record) gave a moving tribute to Ron after his death and recounted how close they were in his Presidents speech!

Source - my own eyes and ears young Jeffy!

There is a poster with whom you are quite friendly (joffaboy) who will also verify my vantage point to view these happenings.

But of course I back up my statements, you just keep on typing your anti Rod Butterss cr@pola and pass it off as fact :lol:
Tell us again how you know as fact RB dreams of a seat on the commission :lol: :lol: :lol: tell us again Jeffy bahahahaha
Hear hear JB (another wasted post responding to this rubbish but alas....) - Jeff your working overtime (along with your bumbag Dodgypox) to ensure theres enough dribble peddled about Butters and the current Board...shame you try and pass off your rants as based on something ....other than your sad delusioned state.

Have a bex Jeff......

“Yeah….nah””
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Are board members subject to drug testing?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
crowjelly
Club Player

[quote="Dan Warna"]

"I've heard some 'interesting' things regarding sheedy"[/quote]

Dan, I too have heard some "interesting" things direct from some high profile players, who Sheedy has coached / and or has coached with. They were not complimentary and in context would explain the following -

1. Why Essendon did not renew his contract

2. Why most of the Essendon list were looking forward and will welcome the appointment of a new coach

3. Why Melbourne appointed a rookie coach with no experience in front of him

Methinks he should jump at the AFL's ambassador job in deep dark South Africa.

Dan, If you care to elaborate, I'm happy to confirm!