Who should be captain in 2008?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Who should be captain in 2008?

Three captains: Riewoldt, Hayes and Ball
8%
Co-captains: Riewoldt and Hayes
7%
Co-captains: Riewoldt and Ball
3%
Co-captains: Ball and Hayes
No votes
Nick Riewoldt
39%
Lenny Hayes
32%
Luke Ball
2%
Robert Harvey
3%
Justin Koschitzke
4%
Nick Dal Santo
1%
Other (please indicate below)
2%

Total votes: 103

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Spinner wrote:
I know you 'asked' the question. But as I said don't even associate me with opinions that were absolutely not mine.

Your an idiot for asking me whether I said that. NOT because you disagreed with my opinion.

St Trav of WA, WERE you one of those who wanted Luke Ball traded because you believed that he just didnt work hard enough, blaming injuries instead? If YOU were then shame on you....what a disgraceful opinion.

See what I mean?
not really no i dont see how its wrong to ask if you were one of the trade Roo fools when you make outlandish claims like Roo has no leadership quallities

as for the luke ball part to your post you could spout that all you want cause anyone who reads my posts would know that that i would not trade luke ball for anyone
Exactly...Just don't do it. It isn't right. Unless you are 100% on someones opinion, do not publicly associate them with one. Even if you are asking a question.

But seriously, I really don't think you understand even the basics to that analogy.

Riewoldt is not gifted with leadership qualities on the field. He is a fair player and dosnt show the aggression of others.

Its hard how people cant see the difference between Roo and Lenny. Anybody can pre-prepare a speech at the best and fairest. I cant see how something like that could so easily change peoples minds.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

dude you dont get it the reason your luke ball comment is not relavant is because i haven given Bally a serve like you have to Roo

as i said where do you come to the assupmtion Roo doesnt lead the team
(this isnt about roo v's lenny this is purely on your comment on Roos leadership )
no player runs harder then Roo no player gives their all to the team like roo

he is a born leader he comands respect from his teammates and the opersition so for you to say he has no leadership quallities on the feild is just straight out wrong !

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:dude you dont get it the reason your luke ball comment is not relavant is because i haven given Bally a serve like you have to Roo

as i said where do you come to the assupmtion Roo doesnt lead the team
(this isnt about roo v's lenny this is purely on your comment on Roos leadership )
no player runs harder then Roo no player gives their all to the team like roo

he is a born leader he comands respect from his teammates and the opersition so for you to say he has no leadership quallities on the feild is just straight out wrong !
Comon dude, grow up.

It dosnt matter whether someone gives anyone a serve, you just dont put two and two together. Make massive assumptions and call people fools because of an opinion they didn even have.

I couldnt give a rats how hard you attack any of my posts....just make sure you attack MY opinions.

Im past putting my opinion on our leadership with you. Thats not why ive kept responding. Im not asking, im telling you - dont put words in other posters mouths.

End.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

again spinner where did i call you a fool ?
if you read the posts you call me a d**khead and and idiot but i never called you a fool
and what words have i put in your mouth ?? i asked if you were one of the trade Roo fools you said no fine end of discussion serioulsy buddy take a moment and chill

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I voted Hayes and Roo but if I had to pick one, I'd say Riewoldt. We had our most successful season in 2005 when he lead us. (sure 2004 had ten wins in a row, more home and away wins and two hundred point wins but 2005 produced some stellar home and away efforts, (including an early season burst WITHOUT our captain) a late season burst that rescued a poor 6-7 record and catapulted us into the prelim final, an interstate win in the finals against the minor premier and a record winning margin for the club)

Put the two together and we have two leaders who can do amazing things for the club., I'm not expecting them to lead us to a premiership next year but with them at the top, we'll be beter drilled. They know what they're doing.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:I voted Hayes and Roo but if I had to pick one, I'd say Riewoldt. We had our most successful season in 2005 when he lead us. (sure 2004 had ten wins in a row, more home and away wins and two hundred point wins but 2005 produced some stellar home and away efforts, (including an early season burst WITHOUT our captain) a late season burst that rescued a poor 6-7 record and catapulted us into the prelim final, an interstate win in the finals against the minor premier and a record winning margin for the club)

Put the two together and we have two leaders who can do amazing things for the club., I'm not expecting them to lead us to a premiership next year but with them at the top, we'll be beter drilled. They know what they're doing.
Who the hell do you think you are trying to talk footy and breaking up a petty squabble, honestly show some respect you obviously know very little about what this forum represents :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:I voted Hayes and Roo but if I had to pick one, I'd say Riewoldt. We had our most successful season in 2005 when he lead us. (sure 2004 had ten wins in a row, more home and away wins and two hundred point wins but 2005 produced some stellar home and away efforts, (including an early season burst WITHOUT our captain) a late season burst that rescued a poor 6-7 record and catapulted us into the prelim final, an interstate win in the finals against the minor premier and a record winning margin for the club)

Who the hell do you think you are trying to talk footy and breaking up a petty squabble, honestly show some respect you obviously know very little about what this forum represents :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Mmmm....I know ill get shot down for this but......

Good leadership shown towards the end of Round One????

But as your basing this down on games played....it probably dosnt matter.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

RIX ROX RUX

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:

:o :shock: :? :oops: :) :lol: :wink: :roll:

Well....

:x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I'M SICK OF THIS SITE. I'VE BEEN HERE FOR TWO YEARS AND SO FAR I'VE FLOWN UNDER THE RADAR, NEVER GETTING INTO FIGHTS OR STIRRING TROUBLE AND THEN SOME HIGH AND MIGHTY F-WIT COMES ALONG AND HAS A GO AT ME FOR SIMPLY REPLYING TO A POST. NEWSFLASH TOSSPOT, IT'S A FOOTY FORUM. THAT MEANS WE TALK FOOTY, NOT bulls*** LIKE THESE OTHER IDIOTS! :evil: :evil: :evil: - oh wait I just got it. :roll: :P :lol:

Seriously though, I didn't actually read the whole thread before posting, I just wanted to give my opinion.

Anyway, no hard feelings Armoooo? :lol: :lol: