Sponsor a player in 2008 (indicate interest here)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Can the player be Steven King?
And can we arrange monthly meetings with his missus as part of the sponsorship? :)

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

I'll be in it again for sure

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz
GrumpyOne

Mark me down for a share.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

How does the sponsorship of a player work? Do we get a choice or are we limited by the sponsorship price placed on a player's head?

It would be nice to be the sponsor of a player like Gilbert, Allen, Armitage or Geary.

I imagine the rest may be out of reach, possibly even the Grape Gilbert.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I'm going to try to get Grammy but I reckon I'll be swelfish and do it all myself! :wink:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

It looks like coming up with the readies ($1500-ish) wont be a problem...

Can someone get in touch with the Club and see which players are available for this price bracket??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Nov 1st is date for more info although expressions of interest can be forwarded I am sure alexr@saints.com.au

last year all players apart from leadership team? were at 1,500
the year before they were all at 2,500
and the year before that there were a variety of levels for each player

from the inital wording it sounds like they may again be going for differant levels for ??? some, many, all? players.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
GrumpyOne

saintbrat wrote:Nov 1st is date for more info although expressions of interest can be forwarded I am sure alexr@saints.com.au

last year all players apart from leadership team? were at 1,500
the year before they were all at 2,500
and the year before that there were a variety of levels for each player

from the inital wording it sounds like they may again be going for differant levels for ??? some, many, all? players.
Okay. Now will someone put their hand up and take control of this process? Somebody needs to contact the club and somebody else needs to manage the $$$ collection from the pledgees.

Lets not meander around in our usual befuddled way, lets get this moving!

my les foote
Club Player

I'm in, as long as it is Jason Gram OR a player with a larger number.

Win it for HIM!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

if we can get sammy gilbert that would be great

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just bumping this up

Who wants to take on organising this???????????

Most Forums now sponsor at least one player...lets not be the ones who dont!!!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i will contact the club, find out prices of players, availability etc, but handing me the financial side of things would be a disaster.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
GrumpyOne

fonz_#15 wrote:i will contact the club, find out prices of players, availability etc, but handing me the financial side of things would be a disaster.
Thank you Fonz.

Can you post the outcome here, then we might be able to appeal to someone to take on the financial side of it.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I'm happy to fund the total cost up front for the forum ($1500-2000?) and those who want to join in can pay me back. I don't know how it has been done in the past but this would seem the 'cleanest' way to do it?

Whoever is going to organize which player(s) we decide to sponsor just pm me with the details of who at the Club I need to pay and I'll arrange to deliver them the cheque.

I'm happy for those that want to get involved to just send me a cheque or direct credit for the agreed on amount per person.

Someone will just need to send me a list of all those that are participating so I'll know who to expect payment from?

GrumpyOne

Mr Magic wrote:I'm happy to fund the total cost up front for the forum ($1500-2000?) and those who want to join in can pay me back. I don't know how it has been done in the past but this would seem the 'cleanest' way to do it?

Whoever is going to organize which player(s) we decide to sponsor just pm me with the details of who at the Club I need to pay and I'll arrange to deliver them the cheque.

I'm happy for those that want to get involved to just send me a cheque or direct credit for the agreed on amount per person.

Someone will just need to send me a list of all those that are participating so I'll know who to expect payment from?
Good on you, Magic.

You could start with all those on this thread who have said yes.

Follow them up by PM when we know the cost, before dibbing your hand in your pocket,

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

OK..next thing we need to do is contact the Club and find out when the list of players vs price will be available ..then perhaps a poll for the player that fits our price range?

No money should change hands til the player is finalised I reckon..

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I'm happy to organise things on here - I can get the names etc. for you Mr. Magic, and PM people involved to find out exact amounts.

Thanks heaps for your offer.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

thanks mr.magic, very generous of you.

i just contacted rory, the man in charge of sponsorship at the club, and he is away until the 29th so i got a recorded message. i will try again next monday.

unfortunately we will have to wait a week.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Yep saint66au.

So:

1. Wait until c.1st November to receive details about which players are available and the exact costings etc.

2. Have a poll on saintsational about which player people would like sponsor from a list of say 3-4, although Mr Magic can have the final say.

3. Get a final confirmation from everyone about the amount of money they are willing to put in, and receive a committment for this to be paid prior to the end of the year.

4. Mr Magic to receive money from those on here who have agreed to sponsor the player, after first paying for it himself (very grateful!)

Does that sound okay??

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

owts i know you had the list of people who were interested..

could we organise to chase these people up, via pm, or in this thread. i will help if required.

also, will all posters be chipping in the same amount, or will it be variable?

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I think if we have a set number of shares (i.e. 100 at $15 each), and then people can buy anywhere between 1 and 10 shares.

Perhaps it is best to wait until we decide on which player to sponsor before people determine how much they want to put in ....

fonz_#15, if you could ring the club next week and find out which players are available for around $1500, then we can have a poll on here ... that would be great.

I think that all sounds okay? Any suggestions/concerns?

Once again, thanks to Mr Magic

GrumpyOne

Oh When the Saints wrote: 2. ......., although Mr Magic can have the final say.
No.

Majority rules.

All to accept the result of the poll.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Yep...result of the poll stands I reckon...

I've dealt with Rory numerous times with MW issues over the last few years..very helpful and approachable (and a reader of SS!) I'm sure that part of it will go smoothly :-)

The shares breakup is def the best way to go I think. As part of the sponsorship package we wil recieve items such as B&F tickets, which last year we "raffled" with tickets allocated according to how many shares each participant had. No licence needed as no money changes hands.

Now...further down the track..once we have a player selected and our sponsorship is confirmed I think it would be great to change the banner at the head of the Forum to add our sponsored player (as must Forums do)..now...does anyone else reckon that might be a good excuse to design a new banner?? Freshen the old "Saintsational.com" up a bit???

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote: 2. ......., although Mr Magic can have the final say.
No.

Majority rules.

All to accept the result of the poll
I don't want final say - just a vote like everyone else thanks.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Hi again everyone

I am just so happy that we've got our act together early this year - and thanks so much to Magic for putting up the money in the first place. And also to Fonz for helping wih contacting the club as well.

I wish I could be there, and get more involved - but being involved in this sponsorship is a really great way of keeping in touch with the players.

Maybe we could get an interview with the player some time in the off-season or the season - let us ask some questions on Saintsational, and have them answer them on the forum... that would be great.

But we might have to be careful about the kind of questions we ask - the player might get bored or angry if we all just ask "Isn't Dal hot?" :wink:

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.