Congrats caseyscorp. Your Saints dream is coming true

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:Our membership will be 50,000 in 5 years time if we move to Casey.
How did you arrive at that figure?

Just because we may move to a growth centre does not automatically transcend into people taking out memberships out of convenience.

imo of course......
I agree with you ... but I like pulling nice round figures out of the air for the sake of an argument :) :wink:

Seriously though ... in 5 years time, I would expect us to have close to 40,000 members if the status quo remains.

Moving to an area of several hundred thousand people, it is not beyond reason to suggest that 10k of those would be encouraged to follow the Saints, and can be involved in the club through training, the local community and the Scorpions.

If we want to remain a Melbourne club for the next 30 years, then moving to Casey is a guaranteed way of ensuring our survival.

Remaining at Moorabbin makes us less secure.
Can you please explain to me why we would get more members from where we train. One you cannot watch training. Two even if you do only about 100 turn up. It a training venue. Big deal you do not barrack for a club because they train 5 minutes from you. If they played there it would be different.

I think you will find the announcement will be Aussie coaching because I dont think there is anyway in the world we would move down to Cranbourne. As I have said earlire players need to live close to grounds as they have 2 sessions a day. Not many players will move down to Cranbourne.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I think you will find the announcement will be Aussie coaching because I dont think there is anyway in the world we would move down to Cranbourne.
I hope you're right, Plug.

GrumpyOne

ausfatcat wrote:
Liam_G wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:move them to Ballarat.
Seconded :D

Lets challenge the board and start a MOVE TO BALLARAT movement!! :D
The second Eureka Stockade?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Moving to Casey would basically mean that we would be safe from interstate relocation in the next 20 years. Our membership isn't going to grow much from Moorabbin and the facilities there are worse than Warrnambool Blues' facilities.

At Casey we would have our elite training facilities, a helpful and welcoming council and while it won't magically give us and extra 20,000 members, we would get a few thousand more every few years.

This doesn't effect me since I live 4 hours away from Moorabbin and only get there once or twice each year, but with the new training bans I'm guessing most people will only get to go there once or twice each year anyway.

A move to Casey Fields has my full support. If Roo doesn't like it, he can just think of the $1,000,000 he's getting each year for playing at the club.

The Peanut
Club Player

plugger66 wrote: ... I think you will find the announcement will be Aussie coaching because I dont think there is anyway in the world we would move down to Cranbourne.
Yep thats more like what the news will be ... couldn't see the new board making a decision about moving while AF is on leave when he has been so involved with the whole area of relocation and the new training facilities planning. - whilst on the other hand there have beeen murmers of Aussie coaching Scorps for ages and the last I heard it was was down to him and two others.

casey scorp
Club Player

Oh When the Saints wrote:It's not a strong argument, but I believe if the Saints based themselves there, and with the right combination of marketing, local involvement and developing connections with the area, we could gain a significant boost to our membership and profile.
This is actually the nub of it - many young families (and many more to come) live in the Casey area. Children are impressionable. Yes, their parents will be seeking to impress them with their own belief but impressions at school are really powerful. The old adage "Give me a boy until he is 5 and I will give you the man" is relevant here. It just means impress the child, and you will create the attitudes of the adult.

How many parents have been told off by their child about waste, recycling and the environment because the kids have been influenced by teachings at school. In the same vein, parents will be told off by the child for supporting the wrong team.

The club has the opportunity to work closely with schools and clubs in the area and, over time (this is a decision for some decades - not just tomorrow) we will reap ther benefits in membership.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

So this is the announcement that you are waiting for caseyscorp?

This is what the OP is referring to?

Or is plugger66 closer to the mark.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Moving to Casey would basically mean that we would be safe from interstate relocation in the next 20 years. Our membership isn't going to grow much from Moorabbin and the facilities there are worse than Warrnambool Blues' facilities.

At Casey we would have our elite training facilities, a helpful and welcoming council and while it won't magically give us and extra 20,000 members, we would get a few thousand more every few years.

This doesn't effect me since I live 4 hours away from Moorabbin and only get there once or twice each year, but with the new training bans I'm guessing most people will only get to go there once or twice each year anyway.

A move to Casey Fields has my full support. If Roo doesn't like it, he can just think of the $1,000,000 he's getting each year for playing at the club.
I stll dont get why we would get more people following the Saints because we are in the area. No one watches training and we already do clinics down that way and have for a number of years. If you play at the ground of course you would get more members but train. wouldnt make any difference to who you follow.

casey scorp
Club Player

n1ck wrote:So this is the announcement that you are waiting for caseyscorp?

This is what the OP is referring to?

Or is plugger66 closer to the mark.
The opening post said:
SAINTLY73 wrote:It might be cryptic to some. But I think caseyscorp will be getting an early Christmas present.

Waiting for the big announcement.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
plugger66 wrote:I think you will find the announcement will be Aussie coaching because I dont think there is anyway in the world we would move down to Cranbourne. As I have said earlire players need to live close to grounds as they have 2 sessions a day. Not many players will move down to Cranbourne.
It is cryptic, but I have just assumed that it refers to relocation to Casey Fields (I think SAINTLY73 has noticed my enthuusiasm for the subject). That seems to be the assumption of other posters on this thread as well.

I don't think I have even posted on the issue of Aussie Jones - I'm certainly interested in who the Scorps' coach will be, but it won't make or break my Christmas.

Also SAINTLY73 has been a regular poster on relocation/redevelopment issues - I think he is far more attuned to that matter than coaching of the Scorpions.

F_Q_F
Club Player

Ok I'm not familiar with any Melbourne suburbs but can somebody tell me are the Casey fields located in Cranbourne or are they two separate places?
And how far out of Melbourne is it?

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Casey Fields is in Cranbourne, about 50km out of the CBD

Edit: my staffers tell me it's in Cranbourne East

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
casey scorp
Club Player

Actually Casey Fields is in Cranbourne East, a new suburb which will have a population of around 35,000 people.

refer to http://www.casey.vic.gov.au/caseyfields/ for details of Casey Fields (including map locator)

F_Q_F
Club Player

Thanks guys. I see it as a positive move, more chance of gaining new members by moving to a developing area. Also good to have a council that will appreciate having a team in their area.
If it means an extra 30min travel time for some of the players, big whoop, they get paid enough!

claystreet
Club Player

It doesnt matter where they train as long as the facilities
are world class.

I only care that they are training in the best facilities available.
They play real football everywhere but their home training facility

8-)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:Casey Fields is in Cranbourne, about 50km out of the CBD

you have staffers......????????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote:It doesnt matter where they train as long as the facilities
are world class.

8-)
I think it does matter where they train as most players live no where near Casey and they have 2 sessions a day and the players like to go home between sessions so they arent at the club all the time and get bored. No one will move down that way and it also doesnt inspire corparate sponsership being that far from the city. They must stay at Moorabbin area or move to an inner city ground if possible.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
are world class.

8-)
They must stay at Moorabbin area or move to an inner city ground if possible.
But that is the problem.

I understand that the State Government has told them they will contribute the monies promised earlier, only if the Club stays at Moorabbin or moves 'further out' to 'growth areas'. If they chose to move closer in they will receive nothing.

SO

on the one hand they can stay at Moorabbin and receive the State Govt money but not get the total number of pokies they believe make the project viable.

Or they can move to Casey/Frankston area and get the State Govt money and the full complement of Pokies but not be in the geographical area they want to be in.

Or they can try and move closer to the CBD and not get the State Govt money, but maybe get the Pokies.

This is exactly the same predicament the previous Board found themselves in.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
Riewoldting wrote:Casey Fields is in Cranbourne, about 50km out of the CBD

you have staffers......????????
You were a lawyer......????????

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
Liam_G wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:move them to Ballarat.
Seconded :D

Lets challenge the board and start a MOVE TO BALLARAT movement!! :D
8-)
but as if they are going to travel 90-120 min even if they can fit in a day tour type visit to soveriegn hill.

and what excuse would I then have to travel to melbourne or casey for a day trip on a windy sunday afternoon in the middle of winter- leaving the snow behind :P
Last edited by saintbrat on Thu 01 Nov 2007 7:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Solar
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I think you will find the announcement will be Aussie coaching because I dont think there is anyway in the world we would move down to Cranbourne.
trust him, sheldon will be announcing that we wont be going down there......

anyway back on the actual subject, the main reason to move down there is the access to the best facilities which do not look like bearing fruit in the near future at moorabin.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
n1ck wrote:

anyway back on the actual subject, the main reason to move down there is the access to the best facilities which do not look like bearing fruit in the near future at moorabin.

Smartarse

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
n1ck wrote:

mmmm ken has ben o/s and is no longer employed by the club- maybe M Drain will announce BUT as previously stated it is Archies area and he is on leave as many in admin are- Football coaches took a break the weeks after trade week finished.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
claystreet
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
are world class.

8-)
I think it does matter where they train as most players live no where near Casey and they have 2 sessions a day and the players like to go home between sessions so they arent at the club all the time and get bored. No one will move down that way and it also doesnt inspire corparate sponsership being that far from the city. They must stay at Moorabbin area or move to an inner city ground if possible.
plugger and spud used to travel from Ballarat for training

i can be at Casey Fields in 30 to 40 mins from Moorabbin

yipper
SS Life Member

Well from my prospective as a Gippsland Country supporter group organiser - Cranbourne has a huge up-side. Believe me, there are thousands of saints fans living east of melb - both in the south east and far east. Cranbourne would be like a magnet to many of these fans, MEMBERSHIPS will result - believe me. heaps and heaps I reckon.

However, there is a down side as Plugger has pointed out. The players. And personally speaking - I am moving back into town, so Cranbourne is not that good for me!! But, the south east corridor of Melb IS a gold mine - believe me. The Saints would easily get 40000 members if they shifted their base to that area. Incidentally - club functions would continue to be held in key central city venues like Docklands, Crown etc. They would never hold a major club function away from the city. So no diff there. Just the training facilities and club base would be located at where the Scorps currently play. So, overall - I can't see any major problems for the club if they went down that path.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:Actually Casey Fields is in Cranbourne East, a new suburb which will have a population of around 35,000 people.

refer to http://www.casey.vic.gov.au/caseyfields/ for details of Casey Fields (including map locator)
Not to say by Mid 2009 the Cranbourne Aquatic and Leisure Centre will be built. Slap bang pretty much opposite to Casey Fields, and will be one of Australia’s leading aquatic and leisure facilities
http://www.casey.vic.gov.au/calc/

It is what is best for the club, we need to be training in state of the art facilities. Curerntly we are miles behind many other clubs in the AFL.

so Cranbourne is a dead beat place ha, just cattle B4E, we only have state of the art facilites with Casey fields and going to have one of leading aquatic centers in the country. We also have the biggest growth in the country as well

I guess we are a town with nothing ha

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€