Thomas, Saints in stalemate over payment dispute

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
FFS get a clue....show some respect for respected Journalists!

what a laugh....show me a journalist who is respected ffs.......no such animal.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Bevan Shorluey wrote:
Huzzad wrote:Read this a few minutes ago and was dissapoitned to hear that this is still not resolved. For goodness sake Thomas, you are not homeless. Sell your $1million dollar house, get one you can actually afford and stop draining money away from the club. True men cop it on the chin and move on. Things end badly, get over it. I'm sure you make enough from the media now.
Is that what you'd do if your employer shafted you and held onto your entitlements?

exactly......bet the posters on here berating thomas would be the first ones to squeal like stuck pigs if their employer tried to shaft them......as i have said all along ..the courts will sort it out..

interesting to see that the same posters who initially were saying give him nothing..as that's what he is owed, now seem to concede that the club owes him at least 100 grand.....
Totally agree. It is amazing that people say just forget about the money he may be owed. If he is owed he should get otherwise he will not if not owed. By the way this guy was sacked. How many people on here if owed money from an employer who sacked you would not try to get the money. I have a guess and say none.

jill
Club Player

I think GT did a great job when he was first appointed & while surprised when he was sacked, felt he was NOT the coach to take us to the premiership. However I have been disappointed in his comments re some of our players & now feel he really is taking the club for a ride. As a businessman he'd know to read the fine print & NOT sign off on something he disagreed with! Sadly he is now losing the respect of supporters like me who loved the way pride in the jumper and the Club were developed under his leadership. The Club IS bigger than the individual ,Grant! Many would welcome you back at the Club but NOT if you bleed us for money that is not deserved or rightfully yours. For an untried league coach think financially you got more than your due thanks to your ex-mate!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:HALLELUJAH!

People are finally seeing GT for what he really is.

Perhaps he should go and sort out his financial matters with Mr Butterrs first :idea:

I really hope this pigdog never returns to the club in any shape or form :evil:

pigdog...???.....where did you get that one from..???? :roll: :roll: :roll:

...and for your information it is

B U T T E R S S .....ffs.....he was the president long enough for you to get his name right....... :roll:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Bevan Shorluey wrote:
Huzzad wrote:Read this a few minutes ago and was dissapoitned to hear that this is still not resolved. For goodness sake Thomas, you are not homeless. Sell your $1million dollar house, get one you can actually afford and stop draining money away from the club. True men cop it on the chin and move on. Things end badly, get over it. I'm sure you make enough from the media now.
Is that what you'd do if your employer shafted you and held onto your entitlements?

exactly......bet the posters on here berating thomas would be the first ones to squeal like stuck pigs if their employer tried to shaft them......as i have said all along ..the courts will sort it out..

interesting to see that the same posters who initially were saying give him nothing..as that's what he is owed, now seem to concede that the club owes him at least 100 grand.....
Totally agree. It is amazing that people say just forget about the money he may be owed. If he is owed he should get otherwise he will not if not owed. By the way this guy was sacked. How many people on here if owed money from an employer who sacked you would not try to get the money. I have a guess and say none.
the question is do we really owe him any money ? from all reports thomas signed off that he recived his payments so unless you know the case more intimatley then there is no proof that thomas is owed anything at all .
as stinger said the court will solve it all and if the club does legitimatly owe him money then yes by all rights they should pay him and close this chapter but seeing as though the club feel he is owed nothing i tend to agree with the club . either way i will be glad to see the day when GT name is nolonger mentioned with st kilda

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:pigdog...???.....where did you get that one from..???? :roll: :roll: :roll:

B U T T E R S S .....ffs.....he was the president long enough for you to get his name right....... :roll:
pigdog is an expression i just came up with on the spot.
i thought it wasn't too bad an adjective for GT 8-)

and secondly, I made a typo on Butterss.
Gee Stinger, I didn't know you cared so much about him that you'd correct people for mispelling his name :P

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Sainternist wrote:HALLELUJAH!

People are finally seeing GT for what he really is.

Perhaps he should go and sort out his financial matters with Mr Butterrs first :idea:

I really hope this pigdog never returns to the club in any shape or form :evil:

pigdog...???.....where did you get that one from..???? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Who cares what his name was?

Right now its M U D.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

:wink: :lol: :lol: the spelling i prefer is B U T T A R S E .....but pple get upset with that spelling...you are right though..i don't really care...was just a cheap shot for you pigdog comment.....which i did find offensive......

saintly
Saintsational Legend

jill wrote:I think GT did a great job when he was first appointed & while surprised when he was sacked, felt he was NOT the coach to take us to the premiership. However I have been disappointed in his comments re some of our players & now feel he really is taking the club for a ride. As a businessman he'd know to read the fine print & NOT sign off on something he disagreed with! Sadly he is now losing the respect of supporters like me who loved the way pride in the jumper and the Club were developed under his leadership. The Club IS bigger than the individual ,Grant! Many would welcome you back at the Club but NOT if you bleed us for money that is not deserved or rightfully yours. For an untried league coach think financially you got more than your due thanks to your ex-mate!
that sounds correct. for an turied coach he got alot from the saints. and gradually he is losing my respect as well. he had done some good things, just like butters did. but for gawds sake he should just move on. i hope to hell we don't hear of him that much next season, but who knows he has a large foot in mouth diease which i cringed every time he opned his mouth

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote: interesting to see that the same posters who initially were saying give him nothing..as that's what he is owed, now seem to concede that the club owes him at least 100 grand.....
WRONG

IMO Thomas should NOT get one cent, let alone $100,000

Butterss IMHO had no right offering Thomas a $100,000 bribe for his silence in the first place

The club is the better for being rid of both of them

The $100,000 hush money is a highly irregular offer to begin with, but far easier to offer this as a settlement to leave the whole sorry saga and messy arrangement behind

That Thomas refused to accept this, because he wants to grubbily try and bloodsuck an extra $176,000 off the St.Kilda Football Club's bottomline for money he's already signed a stat dec stating he's not owed and has been paid in full, show's this manipulative parasite up for what he really is

Nebver do anything to hurt the St.Kilda Football Club, yeah righto...... :roll:

Thomas should be quite happy with the fact that the club paid (overpaid) him over 2.5 MILLION DOLLARS, with him on $500,000 from the get go, through what he himself describes as a flawed process, when he had zero AFL coaching experience

Thomas and Butterss should be very happy and content that the St.Kilda Football club doesn't sue the both of them

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
JeffDunne

The 100K I believe was for services already rendered.

The club held onto the payment pending GT keeping quiet. Quite a bizarre agreement actually. If I was GT I wouldn't be claiming just the 100K, I'd be expecting interest on it also.

It really would help Andrew if you stuck to the facts.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thomas's legal contract was paid out in FULL!

The money Thomas is suing for is

$100,000 in hush money through an irregular offer/deal done by the previous board outside of his contract

&

$176,000 for holiday pay, that Thomas has already signed a stat dec stating he's not even owed, because he's been paid out in full

JeffDunne

barks4eva wrote:Thomas should be quite happy with the fact that the club paid (overpaid) him over 2.5 MILLION DOLLARS, with him on $500,000 from the get go,
Prove it.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:The 100K I believe was for services already rendered.

The club held onto the payment pending GT keeping quiet. Quite a bizarre agreement actually. If I was GT I wouldn't be claiming just the 100K, I'd be expecting interest on it also.

It really would help Andrew if you stuck to the facts.
WRONG Jeff, that is incorrect, perhaps you should stick to the facts :idea:

The original contract was paid in FULL!

JeffDunne

That's not what's been reported and it's not what RB has said.

RB admitted after his tantrum last year that the club still owed Thomas money.

Do I need to find the quotes Andrew to appease your selective memory?

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
$176,000 for holiday pay, that Thomas has already signed a stat dec stating he's not even owed, because he's been paid out in full
I'd kill to see this elusive stat dec you keep harping on about. Not doubting it exists, of course, but have you ever actually seen it? :?:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:just a cheap shot for your pigdog comment.....which i did find offensive......
you found that offensive?
ok, i shan't refer to GT anymore as a "pigdog".
instead he can be referred to as persona non grata.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote: I'd kill to see this elusive stat dec you keep harping on about. Not doubting it exists, of course, but have you ever actually seen it? :?:
Stephen Rielly | December 20, 2007 "The Age"

A further $167,000 is being sought for what Thomas has claimed are annual leave and public holiday entitlements, although the former coach signed a statutory declaration while he was still at the club which stated he had taken all the annual leave he was owed. Thomas has since claimed that he was pressured to sign that declaration.

Thomas said at the time of his unexpected departure almost 15 months ago that he could never hurt St Kilda .

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:That's not what's been reported and it's not what RB has said.

RB admitted after his tantrum last year that the club still owed Thomas money.

Do I need to find the quotes Andrew to appease your selective memory?
Selective memory..................... :roll: coming from you that's a classic :lol:
December 20, 2007 "The Age"

The writ, which was served on the then St Kilda administration of Rod Butterss on September 5, includes a demand for $100,000 that Thomas claims was promised to him upon his sacking in 2006 on the condition that he did not criticise the club or anyone representing it. .
getting warmer, jeffrey?

yeah, thought not :roll:

JeffDunne

JeffDunne wrote:Do I need to find the quotes Andrew to appease your selective memory?
Andrew?

GrumpyOne

Despite the B4's firm anti-GT stance of the past, I think his sumnation of the situation ATM is spot-on.

Take the $100,000 and run Grant, it's manna from heaven.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Take the $100,000 and run Grant, it's manna from heaven.
...and let door hit him in on the arse on his way out :twisted:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
stinger wrote:just a cheap shot for your pigdog comment.....which i did find offensive......
you found that offensive?
ok, i shan't refer to GT anymore as a "pigdog".
instead he can be referred to as persona non grata.
he's our second most successful coach..got us into the finals three years in a row......he's done nothing to you to warrant calling him such an offensive name...most saints supporters would find your comment offensive ffs....

Snakeman66
Club Player

Re: Thomas, Saints in stalemate over payment dispute

SENsaintsational wrote: Not true. Goose snr and GT were and are good friends. In fact, many of GT's St Kilda staff came from his days at Warrnambool including Billy Couch (property and brother of Paul) & Sandy Morrison (runner).
Isn't Paul Couch Gooses uncle?

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

At the centre of this is GT's claim that he was "pressured" into signing the stat dec that he had received all his holiday entitlements.

As it stands currently in the eyes of the law, Thomas has received everything to which he is entitled in terms of holiday pay etc. He has said so himself (through the stat dec).

He is now disuputing that to the tune of 167k ....

Personally, I don't believe Thomas could be pressured into signing anything. He's hardly a weak individual, and had a fair bit of experience with employment contracts.

For him to suggest that he was pressured into signing that would surprise me, unless Rod threatened to reveal some unpleasant facts ... but Thomas could have done the same thing about Rod, so that wouldn't have happened IMO.

stinger is right ...... as prolonged as it is, the courts should sort this out.

The real question is whether Thomas could be pressured into signing something ...

But the 100k is his.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.