Footy Classified

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

vacuous space
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:Interesting that Roo says that they are instructed to go out and play an attacking game plan each week
I believe Roo when he says that. I don't think gameplan has ever been as big a problem for this team as excecution of basic skills. The inaccurate disposal of our onballers and the bombing by our link players gives us little chance to score against opposition. Especially when you consider that our ground level game inside forward fifty has been missing for two and a half years now. RL needs to be inventive and figure out ways to get this team going. Right now, he's been a disappointment in that regard.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:75% of the forumites tell it as they see it......isnt that a terrible thing !!
I have learnt in life that it is normally more productive to not follow the sheep....and instead really think why it is so.

Most people once thought the world was flat......they confuse what they can see and look for simple answers.

The Saints are not attacking enough...it must be the gameplan :roll: completing ignoring the quarters where the attack has been fine!!!!
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 29 Apr 2008 12:56am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Lennon
Club Player

Can someone put up... you know... a transcript? Or something.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

If the players cannot follow the game plan, it is not their fault.

It is the job of the coaching staff to ensure that they do.

Who is teaching the skills to implement this gameplan?

If they are not up to it they should move on and let someone who can do the job.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Interesting that Roo says that they are instructed to go out and play an attacking game plan each week
I believe Roo when he says that. I don't think gameplan has ever been as big a problem for this team as excecution of basic skills. The inaccurate disposal of our onballers and the bombing by our link players gives us little chance to score against opposition. Especially when you consider that our ground level game inside forward fifty has been missing for two and a half years now. RL needs to be inventive and figure out ways to get this team going. Right now, he's been a disappointment in that regard.
Well said.

Moving from 3 tall forwards to 2 has helped...and has improved the forward ground level game you mention.

The players need to start doing what is required again though in terms of running the lines.

Have you noted for example that while many has been hesitant that Banger had still been running the lines?????

I think that RL also wants the long kicking...but unfortunately the long kicks have often been woeful. having 2 tall targets rather than 3 should help though as it creates more space.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:If the players cannot follow the game plan, it is not their fault.

If they are not up to it they should move on and let someone who can do the job.
A reasonable post.....and if by seasons end it has not occuured I would expect that this will happen.

However calling for Lyon's head now is premature.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I never saw the incident with Maxie and Maguire...but jeeez I'm impressed with Maxie! (and Maguire for wearing the responsibility!) Heart on the sleeve stuff from Max...kills himself to hold his opponent to NOTHING! Can't get enough of the lad! Sad day indeed when he ever decides to call it quits!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
St.Kenny
Club Player

It is the job of the coaching staff to ensure that they do

Wouldnt waste my time being logical on this site. If some people want to compare vision of how footy should be played with the vision of the great and not so irrelevent explorer Columbus well they can find no better site than SS to exercise their delusional views with 1000's of gratuitious posts.

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:
It is the job of the coaching staff to ensure that they do

Wouldnt waste my time being logical on this site. If some people want to compare vision of how footy should be played with the vision of the great and not so irrelevent explorer Columbus well they can find no better site than SS to exercise their delusional views with 1000's of gratuitious posts.
Ah, the voice of reason exhorting posters to be logical :roll:

Do you also now call our Club Captain as well as the Coach Liars?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:If the players cannot follow the game plan, it is not their fault.

If players dont have the necessary skills to execute basic game plans /field kisking by foot does sacking the coach fix that?

Infact, can M Rix be taught to kick better? Jones?

When do you look at the recruitment (over a number of years) and ask what our criteria really was? (weve since been told Brad Howard can run...but guess what????...not flash in the kicking dept......second rd pick in a super draft that other clubs said theydve rookied?? :shock: )

I agree its Lyons job to get the best from this list absolutely but when do you get to the stage where in some objective light you look at your list (and your lower reaches of it) and say "they need to be turned over?"

Lyon started last year IMO with 5 or so changes....there'll be more at seasons end Im tipping.

“Yeah….nah””
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Starting with the coaches, I would hope.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
vacuous space
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:Moving from 3 tall forwards to 2 has helped...and has improved the forward ground level game you mention.
I don't think it has improved very much. Moving Ball into attack has helped some, but we've still got big problems, especially when you consider our talls are better than most at ground level. We're still outnumbered most of the time in attack, which has a lot to do with slow ball movement. We're awful at hitting targets when we do win the ball. Check out Milne and Ball's efficiency from the weekend. Even when we're winning the ground ball, we're not using it well. Taking Gehrig just means they have one less marking target to worry about, and they still don't have to worry about our ground game.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
, but we've still got big problems, especially when you consider our talls are better than most at ground level. We're still outnumbered most of the time in attack, which has a lot to do with slow ball movement. .
most definately....

mischa
Club Player

Is Caro on drugs? Knew they'd bring up that melee crap again. In all stupidity she sits there smirking and says "I didn't like it" like a schoolteacher might to a child. As if footballers in a spur of the moment situation are going to worry about her delicate sensibilities?

"Thanks korters. If Richmond kick more goals they'll win"-R.Scumbag (nee Walls)

The All Spin Zone-Saintsational.com
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Lennon wrote:Can someone put up... you know... a transcript? Or something.
check here Lennon- put it differantly because this thread had already gone 2 pages and the program hadn't even been on :roll:

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... 684f91a727
Last edited by saintbrat on Tue 29 Apr 2008 4:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Behind Play
Club Player

mischa wrote:Is Caro on drugs? Knew they'd bring up that melee crap again. In all stupidity she sits there smirking and says "I didn't like it" like a schoolteacher might to a child. As if footballers in a spur of the moment situation are going to worry about her delicate sensibilities?
He had just told the panel he regreted saying it and wouldn't say it again, and she still has to put her two bobs worth in.

Lennon
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
Lennon wrote:Can someone put up... you know... a transcript? Or something.
check here Lennon- put it differantly because this thread had already gone 2 pages and the program hadn't even beennon :roll:

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... 684f91a727
Thanks.

St.Kenny
Club Player

How could Caro possibly comment on a comment made at the heat of the moment on the ground during a melee............................................SHE'S NEVER F%&*#$ING BEEN ON THE GROUND

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:How could Caro possibly comment on a comment made at the heat of the moment on the ground during a melee............................................SHE'S NEVER F%&*#$ING BEEN ON THE GROUND
Neither have
Mike Sheahan
Patrick Smith
Tim Lane
Dennis Commetti
Steven Quartermain
Anthony Hudson
Eddie McGuire
Greg Denham
Rohan Connolly
Mark Robinson
Mark Doran
Francis Leach
Andrew Maher
Tony Leonard
and the list goes on and on.

In your 'logical' world none of these people who make a living from commentating/broadcasting on AFL football should be allowed to because 'they've never been on the ground'?

St.Kenny
Club Player

Sorry 'Mr Tragic' but you'll find most of those guys played competitive football at some level. :roll:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:Sorry 'Mr Tragic' but you'll find most of those guys played competitive football at some level. :roll:
So have hundreds of posters on this site...but not AFL and thats the question at hand..but just off the top of my head..

Dennis Commetti played/coached WAFL

Eddie McGuire was in Nth's U/19's squad and school football captain at CBC St Kilda

..and thats about it...

thats the trouble with place too sometimes. People who coach their kids U/9's team (and God bless them for doing it) and reckon they are the tactical equal of an AFL coach.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
bob__71
Club Player

This is great new...the depressed playing group is now taking full blame for being stupid and not being as smart as Ross. That will inspire them no end. That and being professional footballers doing it for their pay.....cause we all know how inspired everyone gets from being in paid employment.

Face facts people....GT was very good at getting the team revved up...some little girls may have got a bit put out by his dominating demeanour but he fired them.

The new coach has no balls...he is not a leader...he is a victim....it wasnt me i didnt do this blah blah...he is soft.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:Sorry 'Mr Tragic' but you'll find most of those guys played competitive football at some level. :roll:
So that gives them the right to comment on AFL Football?

Have you checked whether Caroline didn't play any sort of competitive football as a young girl. I know that girls are allowed to play in the MSJFL until Under 12. I'm pretty sure that other Junior Football leagues also allow female participation. Maybe she did and your extensive research failed to notice it.

Are you also suggesting that all women should be banned from any postioin at AFL Commission/Clubs because 'they haven't set foot on the ground' and therefore don't know anything about it? What about the female goal-umpire? She should be sacked because she couldn't possibly know what is going on.

St.Kenny your logic is truly impressive.

I'll tell you one thing St Kenny.
I would trust her analysis of AFL well before I would trust yours. She at least has the experience of growing up in the family of a long time VFL Club Committee Member and President.
You on the other hand, based on your posts, seem to have a singular lack of knowledge on a lot of subjects.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Is Archer making this show unwatchable?

The constant "we''s when referring to North bring the quality of the panel down.

Having Dunstall would have made that program LEGENDARY

St.Kenny
Club Player

I think it is common knowledge that "Caro' deals essentially in gossip and innuendo when commenting on football matters. Clearly a trait of a person who has little knowledge of how players can react and let themselves down (as Roo did) in the heat of battle. Gee tar and feather me for pointing out the bleedin obvious.....why are you so defensive about this matter. Are we really dealing with 'Mrs Tragic' here ???? :D